PDA

View Full Version : Wheeling this weekend

gm4x4lover
September 2nd, 2009, 09:02 PM
We are planing to go out this weekend (sunday). I am not sure what trail i want to run, i will be taking one of my guys from work on his first co 4x4 trip. He has a mildly built xj and so i am going to look for a 5-7 rated trail.

Anybody like to join us?

Anybody have any suggestions? I was thinking chinamanns and grizzly lake. I am not dead set on an area or trail.

Funrover
September 2nd, 2009, 09:47 PM
For a first trip you are heading there? Sweet birth by fire hahahahaahahahahaha... Chinamens is goof because it has options. Griz is a lot of fun but once you get past the entrance it's a pretty easy cruise. I'd say head to BV and point.. LOL.. There are tons up there!

Haku
September 2nd, 2009, 09:49 PM
We are planing to go out this weekend (sunday). I am not sure what trail i want to run, i will be taking one of my guys from work on his first co 4x4 trip. He has a mildly built xj and so i am going to look for a 5-7 rated trail.

Anybody like to join us?

Anybody have any suggestions? I was thinking chinamanns and grizzly lake. I am not dead set on an area or trail.

Even though I'm rockin it the weekend after next, I could be up for Chinaman Gulch on Sunday. I'm doing the trail cleanup on Saturday, but don't have any set plans for Sunday. It would be great to get out on something harder too, and to scout it out since I'm leading a trip on it on the 12th. Let me know. Was thinking about camping out with Randy, but it sounds like its a bit scattered and unsure of if its happening or not. Not sure I want to spend a night with just me and Randy:lol:. He sure likes his man hugs.

JH

Funrover
September 2nd, 2009, 09:50 PM
What about Wheeler lake? I can't go but it's a good trail

Haku
September 2nd, 2009, 09:54 PM
heheeee.......what.....you guys can't wait a week? I have a run planned for both of the trails you have mentioned the weekend after next:).

JH

WINKY
September 2nd, 2009, 09:55 PM
Was thinking about camping out with Randy, but it sounds like its a bit scattered and unsure of if its happening or not.
JH

its gonna happen and not scattered...:p

Haku
September 2nd, 2009, 10:10 PM
its gonna happen and not scattered...:p

hehee.....not scattered assuming everyone wants to stick to your ugly ass the whole time:lol:. I may still go with ya, just might leave early enough to go hit up Chinamans with Nick too. We'll see what happens.

JH

gm4x4lover
September 3rd, 2009, 07:03 AM
what time would you like to meet?

Haku
September 3rd, 2009, 08:14 AM
ummm.....still thinking about camping with the crew from the Trail Cleanup, so a bit of a later start would be preferable I think. How does 11am at the trail head sound? As it stands, it will just be me coming that I know of, but three rigs is a good number, and I'm sure there will be plenty of other rigs up there too.

JH

gm4x4lover
September 3rd, 2009, 08:19 AM
11 sounds great i will add it to the trail run planning thing. we were hoping for a later start anyways.

Haku
September 3rd, 2009, 11:07 AM
Yeah, despite more crowds, its the kind of trail that is nice to have a "crack of noon" start on, since its about the right length for it. Anyone else coming along? You know you want to.

JH