PDA

View Full Version : Moab or an Island...again

Brody
September 6th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Well, there we were again...deciding about going to Moab or an island in the tropics. I guess the island won out one more time. It's Margarita Island this time about 12 miles off the coast of Venezuela. We are also do an excursion of 2-3 days(boating through the jungle, etc) to see Angel Falls, the highest waterfall in the world at 1,000 meters high.

We are also going to visit Coche Island and Cubagua Island where LaDawn is going to go diving with the porpoises and sea turtles again.

Anyway, here are some pics from the internet, so you can see why we made the decision. This trip will make up for all the runs we missed, dinners we didn't go out to, movies missed, books not bought, magazines not bought, etc, etc so we could manage to go..

Brody
September 6th, 2009, 06:06 PM
That's a no-brainer :cool:

Yeah, I didn't have too much trouble making the decision...Had a couple of people I knew back in the late 70's or early 80's establish the then world's record for the longest rappel in the world off Angel Falls. Now there are rock climbs going up on either side of the falls, too and the approach is a bit more civilized.

Here is a quote from Big Walls, by John Long: This was never brought home to me more forcefully than when Jim Bridwell and I [thought of the] jackass stunt of rappelling down the 3400-foot face of Angel Falls for a [Hollywood film company]

Chris
September 6th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Take lots of pics Pete, I'll be going to Moab :(

:cheers:

gm4x4lover
September 6th, 2009, 10:13 PM
sweet when are we going?:D

Haku
September 6th, 2009, 10:42 PM
sweet when are we going?:D

Heck yeah.

What I want to know is, what island trip is the same price as a Moab trip. Hehee, I spent less then $300 for a week there last time I went.

I would like to get to a beachy tropical like place again. My family went to Hawaii a few times when I was a kid, and I'd love to go back as an adult and do my own thing.

JH

Brody
September 7th, 2009, 05:48 AM
Heck yeah. What I want to know is, what island trip is the same price as a Moab trip. JH

Ahhh, us too. The $300 Moab trip we didn't go on, much like skipping over half of the other trail runs, eating cheap, not eating out, etc...all add up to island time..

We actually start saving for these and planning the next one about the time we get back to Denver. Easy to start planning the next one, too, cause we have just left 80 degree + weather and stepped off the plane into typical Colorado November weather...