PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everybody

Mporter
September 7th, 2009, 03:14 PM
Hi everyone,

Names Matt
I live in the metro area and own a '88 Landcruiser (FJ62)
It was my mom's until she got a new '06 landcruiser
I hunt, hike, basically anything outdoors....i do it
Wheel occasionally and am tryin to earn some funds to mod out my 62.

Thanks for having me :D

Below is a photo of my car in the garage (next to the newer L/C). Not the best quality because i took it with my iPhone at 10:30 p.m.

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh27/shotgun12321/1252047537.jpg

Chris
September 7th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Welcome to Front Range Matt. Nice to see another 62 here! Feel free to ask about any 62 mods, I've done a few on mine. ;)

Is there anything you have in mind for the near future?

Join us on a run some time, stock 62's are quite capable!

:welcome:

WINKY
September 7th, 2009, 05:21 PM
welcome!!!

Mporter
September 7th, 2009, 10:18 PM
Well as far as plans for it.

1. OME Heavy Duty suspension lift
2. Wheels/Tires (still figuring out)
3. ARB Bull Bar
4. Winch

Pathrat
September 7th, 2009, 10:20 PM
Hi and Welcome! Looks like a good modification list.

Mporter
September 7th, 2009, 10:27 PM
yeah thats just the short term stuff that I almost have money for haha.

If money were no issue, id go for a engine conversion and some lockers

1freaky1
September 8th, 2009, 07:05 AM
Welcome Matt, we have lots of people on the site here that can fab a bull bar or pretty much anything you need for your rig and save you some money at the same time and have just as good if not better quality than the big companies, Brody and I + many others build all types of stuff so check us out or post up a bulletin of what you want.

Funrover
September 8th, 2009, 07:06 AM
Welcome.

Chris
September 8th, 2009, 07:22 AM
Well as far as plans for it.

1. OME Heavy Duty suspension lift
2. Wheels/Tires (still figuring out)
3. ARB Bull Bar
4. Winch

Good plans, the OME is very nice and 33's will fit nicely. As 1freaky1 mentioned you may want to talk to him and brody about making a nice winch bumper to save some cash and have something just as stout but with a lower price tag. ;)

Brody
September 8th, 2009, 07:41 AM
Welcome to the forum! Glad to see another 62 here.

Your modification list looks good. Like has been mentioned, check with Sean or me or any one of the other folks doing fabrication on the site about bumpers, rock rails, etc. There is a very good chance you can save some money. Also watch craigslist or posting here for used winches. There was just recently a used Warn 9k with snatch block and tow strap for $400 OBO. It may still be available.

We will also do any of the installs that you want to do on your rig at below what any shops charge should you not want to do them.

Chris
September 8th, 2009, 07:44 AM
I didn't see sliders on your list Matt, they should be #1 along with a knuckle rebuild if yours haven't ever been done.

Mporter
September 8th, 2009, 10:41 AM
I didn't see sliders on your list Matt, they should be #1 along with a knuckle rebuild if yours haven't ever been done.

Yep thats another thing I just forgot to add in. I was looking at Solid Rock's but I might check out one of you guys for something, maybe do a packaged Bumper/Slider thing

Chris
September 8th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Jim's (Solid Rock Off Road) in the process of moving and I don't know how backed up he is right now but is always a good choice. He's in Castle Rock right now.

Brody
September 8th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Yep thats another thing I just forgot to add in. I was looking at Solid Rock's but I might check out one of you guys for something, maybe do a packaged Bumper/Slider thing

PM either myself or 1freaky1 (Sean) and we will see what we can do for you as far as sliders and bumpers. Also we might be able to work out some sort of package deal depending on what you want. It would be helpful to know what style sliders and bumpers appeal to you so we have a basic idea.

We are also pretty flexible as far as a time frame goes.

KnuckleHead
September 9th, 2009, 12:04 AM
Just wanted to stop in and say welcome aboard.....

Whitey Jr
September 15th, 2009, 05:30 PM
welcome welcome and a few more welcome