PDA

View Full Version : Member sighting

Brody
September 9th, 2009, 01:55 PM
Aaron Phillips going south on Colorado Blvd off of I70. I was heading down to Yoda Jims, he kept going. Since I was driving the black rig, he recognized me. If I had been driving the 84, he might not have....

Aaron
September 9th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Aaron Phillips going south on Colorado Blvd off of I70. I was heading down to Yoda Jims, he kept going. Since I was driving the black rig, he recognized me. If I had been driving the 84, he might not have....

I was headed down to have lunch with the wife downtown. I took the somewhat ailing Jeep to see how ailing it was and because it is much easier to park than the truck.

By the way, I noticed a new symptom I have yet to lookup online yet. If I am in fifth gear and let off the throttle, there is some rattling going on that wasn't there before. Yuck...

Brody
September 9th, 2009, 04:18 PM
I was headed down to have lunch with the wife downtown. I took the somewhat ailing Jeep to see how ailing it was and because it is much easier to park than the truck.

By the way, I noticed a new symptom I have yet to lookup online yet. If I am in fifth gear and let off the throttle, there is some rattling going on that wasn't there before. Yuck...

I realize that this may sound dumb, but have you checked the fluid level in the transmission and t case? There should be drain type plugs in both a low and high position on both. The upper plugs are the fill plugs, the lower the drain plugs. Take the upper plugs out and if fluid starts to spill out they are good to go. If it doesn't, then add fluid until it does. Your rattle may very well go away.

If this isn't the case, it could be that you have pieces of gear or syncro (probably the lighter syncro) kicking around inside.

Aaron
September 9th, 2009, 04:23 PM
I realize that this may sound dumb, but have you checked the fluid level in the transmission and t case? There should be drain type plugs in both a low and high position on both. The upper plugs are the fill plugs, the lower the drain plugs. Take the upper plugs out and if fluid starts to spill out they are good to go. If it doesn't, then add fluid until it does. Your rattle may very well go away.

If this isn't the case, it could be that you have pieces of gear or syncro (probably the lighter syncro) kicking around inside.

Absolutely not a dumb question. After the symptoms reared their heads, I decided to see if the cheap way to fix it, changing the gear oil to Synchromesh in the tranny would help. After completing that job (and creating quite a mess thanks to our skid plate) the symptoms did not go away.

I didn't, however, check the transfer case. I'll do that.

Thanks
Aaron

greenramp
September 9th, 2009, 04:52 PM
not to change the subject back but I saw this RRC off of Wadsworth around 72nd at some sort of car show about a week ago. Notice the FR4x4 sticker in the back window. Who's is this?
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e1/greenramp/IMG00047.jpg

Funrover
September 10th, 2009, 11:24 AM
not to change the subject back but I saw this RRC off of Wadsworth around 72nd at some sort of car show about a week ago. Notice the FR4x4 sticker in the back window. Who's is this?
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e1/greenramp/IMG00047.jpg

Ah yes.. that is a nice RRC belongs to ROVERS4NOW