PDA

View Full Version : If You Need a Reminder - Fall is Coming

Chris
September 10th, 2009, 10:27 PM
and wheeling days getting less every week so get out while you can!

cfr
September 10th, 2009, 10:43 PM
Ran across this link today,

http://mycolorado.org/fall_drives.html

Patrolman
September 10th, 2009, 10:44 PM
And for this unfortunate idiot, it better not come too fast...

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-stuck-truck-pg,0,7029475.photogallery

WINKY
September 10th, 2009, 10:50 PM

wow that guy deserves to be stuck there and let the snow pile on....:doh:

Andrew
September 10th, 2009, 11:00 PM
What do you mean? I wheel year round.

Andrew
September 10th, 2009, 11:01 PM

What's funny is that it's "buried up to its axles" yet in picture 4 you can clearly see under them....

Brody
September 11th, 2009, 05:47 AM

Some of us do, too. The majority follow the masses and wheel only during good weather.

4Runninfun
September 11th, 2009, 07:11 AM
Yep fall is comming in a hurry this year!

1freaky1
September 11th, 2009, 07:16 AM
I have a feeling its going to be a long cold and very wet winter this year.

4Runninfun
September 11th, 2009, 08:07 AM
I have a feeling its going to be a long cold and very wet winter this year.

one can only HOPE!

Patrolman
September 11th, 2009, 08:18 AM
one can only HOPE!

Ditto. Did I mention before that I fix snowblowers as a hobby? ;) Have a few good ones ready to go!

Andrew
September 11th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Some of us do, too. The majority follow the masses and wheel only during good weather.

I love snow wheeling and bashing and getting stuck and winching out. Fun!

And I hope it is a very cold winter - enough to kill off a ton of pine beetles. And I want a blizzard or two also.

Chris
September 11th, 2009, 10:04 AM

Be sure to post video of doing Rollins Pass in January Andrew!

Andrew
September 11th, 2009, 10:34 AM
May not do Rollins. May do Yankee Hill though. And Slaughterhouse. China Wall. Illinois Gulch perhaps. There's plenty of trails out there. Sevenmile is doable in winter the whole way with a good basher up front.

Chris
September 11th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Agreed, I like the high country so my wheeling is significantly reduced once the snow starts blowing. Slaughterhouse is a walk in the park now if you haven't heard that the FS leveled the roads.

Andrew
September 11th, 2009, 11:07 AM
They leveled it??? :mad:

Funrover
September 11th, 2009, 11:11 AM
COME ON WINTERTIME!!!!

Smash
September 11th, 2009, 12:16 PM
I agree with others, I hope this is a long cold wet one! Karla and I love winter camping.

Andrew
September 11th, 2009, 12:31 PM
I just like running around in snow. I gotta get my winch on.

Funrover
September 11th, 2009, 12:33 PM
I agree with others, I hope this is a long cold wet one! Karla and I love winter camping.

Snowboarding, snow shoeing and snow wheeling.. WOO HOO!!! Not to mention the trails (hiking, biking, etc) empty out quite a bit :thunb:

RockyMtnHigh
September 11th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Of all the seasons Fall around here is my favorite, the colors are something else, nothing like all that gold and green mixed together which adds to the enjoyment of drinking a pumpkin spiced latte from Starbucks while taking it in.

The micro-breweries stop producing all that light summer time crap and come out with all their seasonal stouts and brown ales, mmmm! Pumpkin pies, turkey dinners, dark beer and tasty coffee, with some beautiful colors. Yep I gain about 20lbs over the fall/winter, but life is short got to enjoy it all while you can!

Funrover
September 11th, 2009, 12:53 PM
HELL YEAH!

RockyMtnHigh
September 11th, 2009, 12:58 PM
HELL YEAH!

I am hungry now, going to go find something warm and Fall comforting to eat! :lol:

Chris
September 11th, 2009, 01:17 PM
They leveled it??? :mad:

Yes :(

Pathrat
September 11th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Of all the seasons Fall around here is my favorite, the colors are something else, nothing like all that gold and green mixed together which adds to the enjoyment of drinking a pumpkin spiced latte from Starbucks while taking it in.

The micro-breweries stop producing all that light summer time crap and come out with all their seasonal stouts and brown ales, mmmm! Pumpkin pies, turkey dinners, dark beer and tasty coffee, with some beautiful colors. Yep I gain about 20lbs over the fall/winter, but life is short got to enjoy it all while you can!

Yours is the only post where I find things to agree with. Anything pumpkin is gooooooood....

Pathrat
September 11th, 2009, 09:51 PM
And here is Pathrat to rain on this love fest for cold and snow :D
We didn't have summer yet. Fall cannot come until I get some summer. That generally includes hot weather and not rain every other day. I am not real pleased that the time for the body core to drop two degrees is coming. :mad:

Chris
September 11th, 2009, 09:55 PM
You aren't alone, I'm not a fan either. If I wanted snow & cold I would have stayed in Minnesota.

Pathrat
September 11th, 2009, 10:06 PM
You aren't alone, I'm not a fan either. If I wanted snow & cold I would have stayed in Minnesota.

That's right, you lived in for-real cold! Gatemonkey told me I would absolutely hate it up there and he would worry I would go homicidal in the winter.

billsbar
September 11th, 2009, 10:10 PM

no not you lol

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm257/zukibill/025-2.jpg

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm257/zukibill/014-3.jpg

Rob
September 11th, 2009, 10:10 PM
Agreed, I like the high country so my wheeling is significantly reduced once the snow starts blowing.

Is Left Hand Canyon high enough for you? It's open a good chunk of the winter.

Chris
September 11th, 2009, 10:17 PM
That's right, you lived in for-real cold! Gatemonkey told me I would absolutely hate it up there and he would worry I would go homicidal in the winter.

-30 was the coldest I ever experienced, it's just wrong to live like that. The lack of sun for months on end is hard especially for us seasonal affective disorder people!

Pathrat
September 11th, 2009, 10:20 PM
-30 was the coldest I ever experienced, it's just wrong to live like that. The lack of sun for months on end is hard especially for us seasonal affective disorder people!

well yeah! I get frosty and moody!!!! And that has nothing to do with the x chromosome! :p

The worst was a minus 40 gust wind chill up in my dorm parking lot at the University of Utah. I was a complete idiot to be running out to my car in that wind.

Chris
September 11th, 2009, 10:29 PM
-30 w/o wind chill, we won't get in to the wind chill numbers.

I don't miss any of it! :D

Andrew
September 11th, 2009, 11:36 PM
And here is Pathrat to rain on this love fest for cold and snow :D
We didn't have summer yet. Fall cannot come until I get some summer. That generally includes hot weather and not rain every other day. I am not real pleased that the time for the body core to drop two degrees is coming. :mad:

I moved here from CA. I've had ENOUGH of summer. I LOVE it here.

Andrew
September 11th, 2009, 11:38 PM

Definitely don't go to CA or WA then. CA winters aren't terribly cold for the most part of the state, but it's just grey ALL the time. And horrible fog in the valley.

I have driven in fog so bad that I drove BY MY HOUSE because I couldn't see it from the road. You might think that's insane to be driving in, and it sorta is, but there is so many days of it that you have no choice - you gotta drive in it.

Chris
September 12th, 2009, 09:24 AM
I love Colorado, I'm not going anywhere though winters in Maui are appealing. :lol:

Mporter
September 12th, 2009, 10:54 AM
I wheeled a little last year in winter when me and my dad were hunting. '95 Ford Bronco in 4low with chains, that was a good time.

Andrew
September 12th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Winter wheeling is one time where I absolutely will not go alone.

Roostercruiser
September 13th, 2009, 01:29 PM
one can only HOPE!

only on dzys off;)

Roostercruiser
September 13th, 2009, 01:37 PM
well yeah! I get frosty and moody!!!! And that has nothing to do with the x chromosome! :p

The worst was a minus 40 gust wind chill up in my dorm parking lot at the University of Utah. I was a complete idiot to be running out to my car in that wind.

lst year i worked in south dakota and iy was -70 wind chill . that cold it hurts to breath. but people need there smokes and candy bars. on the eastern plains of colorado and southern nebraska and nourthern kansas it averaged -10 to -35 at night with wind chill. it sucks. and my company wont allow us to idle our trucks so im in the bunk with a -30 sleeping bag and electric blanket inside the sleeping bag. it was actaully really warm doing it that way. but when you wake up there is ice inside your windows and out. :eek:

Chris
September 13th, 2009, 01:48 PM
lst year i worked in south dakota and iy was -70 wind chill . that cold it hurts to breath.

A friend of mine in MN was asked by a So. Californian how we breathe when it gets that cold. He told the guy we had oxygen tanks on every block and he said "Oh, that makes sense"

I wish I was around to hear him telling his buddies that one. :lol:

Brody
September 13th, 2009, 05:02 PM
Winter wheeling is one time where I absolutely will not go alone.

X2 and this is something everyone should keep in mind no matter how well prepared you are for winter stuff.

WINKY
September 26th, 2009, 05:42 PM
X2 and this is something everyone should keep in mind no matter how well prepared you are for winter stuff.

.x3