PDA

View Full Version : Gemini Bridges, Moab

Kepi
September 28th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Hello! This is my first attempt at a review, which I am told I must do in order to be a member of this elite 4x4 group;) A friend and me did a road trip to Prescott, AZ and along the way we stopped at Gemini Bridges. PathRat referred me to this trail, she said it was moderately easy. Since we were alone out there we didn't make it through the whole trail but the scenery was amazing! There are many very cool rock formations and twisty turny roads with drop offs of at least 100 ft. It was enough to make my friend unbuckle her seat belt so she could jump if we went over the side! haha.. good times... I am definitely looking forward to going on a stock run with some of the other newbies here and learning how to use my jeep. I hope this was acceptable for my first review, if not, let me know what I need to do differently. Have a lovely week everyone!

Deb

ShutUpHippie
September 28th, 2009, 05:53 PM
The only thing you need to add to that is..

PICS PICS PICS

Hope to see some soon, good report.

Kepi
September 28th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Pics attached! Thanks for the reminder :)

Whitey Jr
September 28th, 2009, 07:02 PM
looks beautiful, but wheres the Jeep at? Was it under one of the rocks.

Throw one up witht the jeep in it for good measure.
:welcome:

Chris
September 28th, 2009, 07:31 PM
Looks nice, good first! :thunb:

AboveNBeyond
September 28th, 2009, 07:35 PM
So whatch do in Prescott?

That makes me a lil home sick, I moved here 6 months ago after living in Prescott for 6 years. We loved it there.

Chris
September 28th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Is Prescott by Jerome?

AboveNBeyond
September 28th, 2009, 07:40 PM
Yes very close, maybe 30 miles. Have you been to Jerome?

We would go to Jerome very often, nice little town. Haunted hamburger has a nice menu, and it's all good too. If you ever go be sure to visit it.

Chris
September 28th, 2009, 07:46 PM
Yes, we happened across Jerome 4 or 5 years ago. Cool little town, we plan on visiting again pretty soon. We're trying to plan our road trip and will put Haunted Hanburger on the list.

Mporter
September 28th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Gorgeous pics :thunb:

JeepersCreepers
September 28th, 2009, 07:54 PM
You have to roooooooll your rig to be a member of the elite 4x4 group :lol: j/k.... Cool pics

AboveNBeyond
September 28th, 2009, 07:55 PM
Yes, it is a must... also eat upstairs, the view best up there...

So I got to ask, how the hell did you happen upon Jerome? I mean it is sorta not near a freeway or other bigger towns, it's not exactly a town I would think someone just passed by on accident? lol

Chris
September 28th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Sorry for the hijack Kepi, but this is evidence of how undisciplined we are. :tsk:

We found Jerome the way we find most places, the same technique we use on the trails. "I wonder where this goes?" and "Right or left?" are our navigation tools.

"Not all who wander are lost"

:cheers:

AboveNBeyond
September 28th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Yup Sorry Kepi... But it is sorta related, Kepi, what did you do there?

Chris, last question... where did you begin? Where you offroading? If you were driving on road, did you go up from the Cottonwood (north) side, or the South side?

Chris
September 28th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Road driving and I have no idea where we were coming from or going to. :lol:

Brody
September 29th, 2009, 05:28 AM

Should be getting used to this by now. What do they say....'as you get older you can meet the same new friends and run the same new trails everyday':D

Funrover
September 29th, 2009, 06:24 AM
Great pics, sounds like you had fun!

Brody
September 29th, 2009, 06:40 AM
Hello! This is my first attempt at a review, which I am told I must do in order to be a member of this elite 4x4 group I am definitely looking forward to going on a stock run with some of the other newbies here and learning how to use my jeep. I hope this was acceptable for my first review, if not, let me know what I need to do differently. Have a lovely week everyone!

Deb

Elite? Elite? Who you been talking to?

Nice write up! Hope to see you on a trail soon. Any run you go on, there will be someone there to show you the ropes. If you have questions about any of the trails and either you or your rig's ability to run them, please post them up. You will get your questions answered....

SubaCool
September 29th, 2009, 09:17 AM
Gemini is a fun trail. We did it in our Outback last year together with Longs Canyon, kinda like our first intro to offroad too :) We were there during the Easter Jeep Safari, so you can imagine the looks we were getting :D
Welcome to the forum! :thunb:

Kepi
September 29th, 2009, 10:03 AM
So whatch do in Prescott?

That makes me a lil home sick, I moved here 6 months ago after living in Prescott for 6 years. We loved it there.

My brother lives there and he is a tattoo artist so of course, I went to visit and get a new tattoo :D Jerome is one of my favorite places to go there, very cool artsy place....

Kepi
September 29th, 2009, 10:07 AM
You have to roooooooll your rig to be a member of the elite 4x4 group :lol: j/k.... Cool pics

Ha! I am sure that will happen sooner or later :erm:

Funrover
September 29th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Ha! I am sure that will happen sooner or later :erm:

Well... I would hope not.. and to be on the safe side I would recomend that you not let LaDawn or Haku drive it.. LOL

Kepi
September 29th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Well... I would hope not.. and to be on the safe side I would recomend that you not let LaDawn or Haku drive it.. LOL

Haha, thanks for the advice :)

AboveNBeyond
September 29th, 2009, 12:11 PM

This is what scares me about retirement...

" Chris says "Babe, let's go get some dinner"... 10 hours from Denver later... :princess: says, "maybe you should ask someone"... and you end up in Jerome freakin AZ? :lol::lol:

AboveNBeyond
September 29th, 2009, 12:13 PM
My brother lives there and he is a tattoo artist so of course, I went to visit and get a new tattoo :D Jerome is one of my favorite places to go there, very cool artsy place....

What tattoo place? I knew some tattoo artist there.

Did he happen to have a head on Collision with his wife a year or so ago?

Kepi
September 29th, 2009, 12:22 PM
What tattoo place? I knew some tattoo artist there.

Did he happen to have a head on Collision with his wife a year or so ago?

Nooo.. thank GOD! He owns penetration tattoo on Miller Valley Rd. You can check out some of his work on penetrationtattoo.net. His name is Scott. :D

Funrover
September 29th, 2009, 12:24 PM

" Chris says "Babe, let's go get some dinner"... 10 hours from Denver later... :princess: says, "maybe you should ask someone"... and you end up in Jerome freakin AZ? :lol::lol:

Hell I look forward to random road trips. I CAN'T WAIT!

AboveNBeyond
September 29th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Looks like he does nice work...

A good friend of mine owns Leap Of Faith... http://www.loftattoo.com/

There were a few good places in Prescott, including your brothers. :thunb:

Chris
September 29th, 2009, 12:35 PM

Yeah, that's pretty much it! :D

Beats the hell out of planning a trip trying to beat the clock every day.

If the concept scares you you're not ready to retire. :lol:

Kepi
September 29th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Looks like he does nice work...

A good friend of mine owns Leap Of Faith... http://www.loftattoo.com/

There were a few good places in Prescott, including your brothers. :thunb:

Nice color work! I bet Scott knows them :D

Pathrat
September 30th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Hey Kepi- for once I will stay on topic! Great to see you liked the recommended trail! I hope you can come on some trail runs here too!

Rob
September 30th, 2009, 10:47 PM

And based on his recent post, you might want to keep AirRandy away from it, too. :D

Rob
September 30th, 2009, 10:49 PM
for once I will stay on topic!

With this comment and Chris' statement that maybe we're undisciplined, you'd think that ... hey, is that a picture of three girls in prom dresses holding chickens? No, the girls are holding the chickens, it's not the prom dresses holding them. Where? Here: http://awkwardfamilyphotos.com/

4Runninfun
September 30th, 2009, 10:53 PM
cool thanks for the pics!

Pathrat
September 30th, 2009, 10:54 PM
With this comment and Chris' statement that maybe we're undisciplined, you'd think that ... hey, is that a picture of three girls in prom dresses holding chickens? No, the girls are holding the chickens, it's not the prom dresses holding them. Where? Here: http://awkwardfamilyphotos.com/

and now for something completely different...

oooh LOOK! A BUNNY!

WINKY
October 1st, 2009, 06:11 AM
and now for something completely different...

oooh LOOK! A BUNNY!

mmm dinner

Chris
October 1st, 2009, 09:30 AM

Thanks Rob, I love that site! :lol:

Air Randy
October 1st, 2009, 02:08 PM
And based on his recent post, you might want to keep AirRandy away from it, too. :D

Hey now.......:thunb:

I was actually going to recommend that she have her girl friend look at my thread before she decides to ride with her seatbelt off again.

Dee was actually pretty bad about riding with her lap belt on but not using the shoulder harness. I got after her to wear the entire thing on this trail since it's so tippy..............wanna bet that we never have to have that conversation again? The moral being always wear ALL of your safety equipment because you just never know........and when it does happen it happens real quick.