PDA

View Full Version : FJ 40 Shckle Reversal: Pros and Cons

Brody
October 5th, 2009, 04:00 AM
I am starting this thread even though this subject has been beaten to death on other sites. Rob (DrUnit) has a 40 that we are doing some work on and needs some input as to personal experience with FJ 40 shackles whether in the stock or reversed location and what driving pros and cons are.

There are enough FJ40 owners on here now that it makes since to ask. Some of you have a shackle reversal, some not.

How about taking a few minutes and post up your thoughts? Thanks

Air Randy
October 5th, 2009, 10:46 AM
I have it on mine and swear by it. Drives & handles much smoother, handles bumps much better, climbs better and gets rid of a rock finder up front.

If you do it, its also a good time to flip the springs and move the axle forward for a little more wheel base.

Chris
October 5th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Not a 40 but pretty much the same on a 62, I like it a lot.

FJBRADY
October 5th, 2009, 11:52 AM
My 40 is flipped and it still rides like a 40 :thunb:

JKimmel
October 18th, 2009, 09:48 PM
I have it on mine and swear by it. Drives & handles much smoother, handles bumps much better, climbs better and gets rid of a rock finder up front.

If you do it, its also a good time to flip the springs and move the axle forward for a little more wheel base.

ditto...did a 79 CJ 7 that I had way back, made a monumental difference in handling.