PDA

View Full Version : new to CO

thugmusk
October 9th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Hi,

New to CO as I was relocated here by my company last year.

Born and raised in NJ, spent quite a few years in Kansas City where my very 1st Cruiser was stolen right out of my driveway.

Currently driving a newly purchased '87 FJ60 (6 days old) and getting my ass kicked at emissions. I got Toyota telling me it's fine, I got teenaged enviro testers telling me it aint. Not sure how to proceed yet, heard something about gross polluter tags and wondered what they would look like and just how much it will finally cost. :)

That's it for now.

Rich Adams
Englewood CO

WINKY
October 9th, 2009, 09:42 AM
welcome to the wonderful state of vaseline! just wait till you have to get tags....$$$$....:mad:

And welcome too!

DKDunn04
October 9th, 2009, 09:49 AM
Welcome to the state and the site! There are several FJ60 owners on here that could probably help you with emissions.

thugmusk
October 9th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Yes, vaseline. I got a parking ticket for blocking my own driveway. Pay the $25 and STFU is basically what it came down to. Or spend all day in court waiting to explain to the judge how you cannot block your own driveway.

WINKY
October 9th, 2009, 10:00 AM
Yes, vaseline. I got a parking ticket for blocking my own driveway. Pay the $25 and STFU is basically what it came down to. Or spend all day in court waiting to explain to the judge how you cannot block your own driveway.

WTF?????????????????????:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Andrew
October 9th, 2009, 10:05 AM
I'd fight that ticket.

thugmusk
October 9th, 2009, 10:08 AM
Yup, my street is on the city line between Englewood and Denver. A Denver cop wrote the ticket and placed it on my cruiser which was parked in front of my Englewood house.

thugmusk
October 9th, 2009, 10:12 AM
I'd fight that ticket.

Sure, I was. Until I found it out it was a choice of paying $25 or spending all day up in some court room on Colfax. Not a chance of that happening.

I chose paying the $25.

Which is all part of the plan, who wants to wait in court?

WINKY
October 9th, 2009, 10:15 AM
i hope that cop chokes on that $25 donut.... effing ASSHAT

denver cops blow.... and they suck....

WINKY
October 9th, 2009, 10:36 AM
what you should do is pay the fine in pennies, lose pennies. when they tell you they take check only or money order only, tell them you have no checking account and that $25 in lose pennies is all you have to pay and getting a money order would shorten the amount you have to pay. if they refuse to take your lose pennies, id be like well toss the charge out........

RockyMtnHigh
October 9th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Welcome, you came at the perfect time, stay the hell away from I-70 on Friday, Saturday and Sunday until about the second week of Spring. If you must check out the skiing, do it during the weekdays, you'll be much happier. :thunb:

Oh and unless you're meeting some of the guys to do a trail run stay the hell away from Boulder at all costs!!!:lol:

Medic-5150
October 9th, 2009, 10:50 AM
Welcome, you came at the perfect time, stay the hell away from I-70 on Friday, Saturday and Sunday until about the second week of Spring. If you must check out the skiing, do it during the weekdays, you'll be much happier. :thunb:

Oh and unless you're meeting some of the guys to do a trail run stay the hell away from Boulder at all costs!!!:lol:

Arvada and Westy is ok though :-P lol. Are you gunna go on the Snow run on November 1st?

RockyMtnHigh
October 9th, 2009, 10:53 AM
Are you gunna go on the Snow run on November 1st?

Me or thugmusk?:confused:

thugmusk
October 9th, 2009, 10:54 AM
Arvada and Westy is ok though :-P lol. Are you gunna go on the Snow run on November 1st?

Sadly, my offroading days ended when I got married 5 years ago. I can't shake the Cruiser bug though, must use one daily.

While after totaling my 80, see link in siggy, and had to use my wife's Corolla for a few weeks, I was going mad.

ra

Medic-5150
October 9th, 2009, 10:55 AM
Me or thugmusk?:confused:

Originally Thugmusk, but you too lol.

RockyMtnHigh
October 9th, 2009, 11:00 AM
Originally Thugmusk, but you too lol.

:lol: I am thinking about it, don't want to miss the chance to winch Rob aka DrUnit off some ice again!

WINKY
October 9th, 2009, 11:06 AM
Are you gunna go on the Snow run on November 1st?

are you? if so your not RSVP'D:eek:

RockyMtnHigh
October 9th, 2009, 11:09 AM
are you? if so your not RSVP'D:eek:

Oh oh, someone woke the trail planning police!!!

WINKY
October 9th, 2009, 11:11 AM
lol

RockyMtnHigh
October 9th, 2009, 11:20 AM
:lol: It kind of looks like you! :lol:

Mporter
October 9th, 2009, 11:24 AM
That's pretty stupid.....denver cops....

WINKY
October 9th, 2009, 11:31 AM
That's pretty stupid.....denver cops....

those three words go hand in hand.... stupid.....denver.....cops.:thunb:

i like to call all police officers.... revenue enforcement officers.

Chris
October 9th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Welcome to Front Range Rich. Did you buy the 60 in an emissions county? If so the seller is required by law to provide a passing emissions. Did you know it wouldn't pass? Is the smog intact or has it been removed?

:welcome:

Brody
October 9th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Welcome to the forum! Hope that you get the emission junk sorted out soon and will be able to join us on a trail run!

Funrover
October 9th, 2009, 02:46 PM
Welcome to the site, sorry you had such a welcome from the state.

BlackRubi
October 9th, 2009, 03:28 PM
What's with all the asshat cops around here? I miss good ol' Texas State Troopers. The ones that carry you off to jail in their giant hats.

Brody
October 9th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Currently driving a newly purchased '87 FJ60 (6 days old) and getting my ass kicked at emissions. I got Toyota telling me it's fine, I got teenaged enviro testers telling me it aint. Not sure how to proceed yet, heard something about gross polluter tags and wondered what they would look like and just how much it will finally cost. :)

Hey Rich

Buy a bottle of that 'guaranteed to pass emissions' stuff at Checkers or Auto Zone and follow the directions on it. Basically run it through a tank of gas, refill, go to emissions. I have yet to have a vehicle, no matter how bad, not pass using this stuff and I have run some crappy heaps through emissions...

You may also want to spring for a bottle of SeaFoam and run that through a vacuum line and the carb, too, somewhere in that tank of gas. It sure won't hurt...

Chris
October 9th, 2009, 03:49 PM
That's he ticket from everything I've heard too. Maybe run the tank almost empty and put in a couple gallons of E85. After passing fill it up with the real stuff and it won't hurt your motor at all.

Ric
October 9th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Hi,

New to CO as I was relocated here by my company last year.

Born and raised in NJ, spent quite a few years in Kansas City where my very 1st Cruiser was stolen right out of my driveway.

That's it for now.

Rich Adams
Englewood CO

Rich, what part of KC ??? I was born and raised there, then I came out here on vacation, and it was all over, lol
Born and raised in the Westport area, went to NKCHS dont hold that against me, I had NO choice on where I was born, lol

Chris
October 9th, 2009, 08:06 PM
Thanks for mentioning that, when we ran Wheeler there were three families and their kids of all ages. Pretty cool if I may say so myself!

Medic-5150
October 9th, 2009, 08:10 PM
those three words go hand in hand.... stupid.....denver.....cops.:thunb:

i like to call all police officers.... revenue enforcement officers.

hey now. You're the one drivin' the short yellow school bus....

white collar redneck dad
October 9th, 2009, 08:40 PM
Welcome to the Group!! You will find many new rednecks here to help you enjoy the Colorado Backcountry. Until we wheel together --- cheers

JeffX
October 9th, 2009, 09:06 PM
Welcome! I'm a former NJer (Lk Hopatcong), too. I I still have lotsa family back there and visit when I can. Let's see some pics!.....

Rob
October 9th, 2009, 09:08 PM
:lol: I am thinking about it, don't want to miss the chance to winch Rob aka DrUnit off some ice again!

Did I ever tell you I ordered chains 10 minutes after we got off the trail that day? :thunb:

Rob
October 9th, 2009, 09:14 PM
... Hope you can join us on some trails, just because your married doesn't mean you can't have some fun. Bring the family along.

X2. And welcome.

Chris
October 9th, 2009, 09:20 PM
X2

You bringing your family next time Rob? :rolleyes:

Rob
October 9th, 2009, 09:23 PM
You bringing your family next time Rob? :rolleyes:

You know it would take strong medication to get :princess: on the trail. And my son, oy vey, he never calls, he never writes.

RockyMtnHigh
October 9th, 2009, 11:35 PM
Did I ever tell you I ordered chains 10 minutes after we got off the trail that day? :thunb:

No, but I might also add after that day and almost knocking my self out slipping and cracking my head on a rock, I bought some slip on cleats for my boots.

WINKY
October 10th, 2009, 02:21 AM
You know it would take strong medication to get :princess: on the trail. And my son, oy vey, he never calls, he never writes.

serious note, do you call him or write him? My father is like this, he never calls me or writes me. But when i do call him he asks why i havent called in a while, my reply.... "dad you have my number too!"

if there is a will, break the ice and just do it. You wont regret it. -a son

Rob
October 10th, 2009, 09:35 PM
serious note, do you call him or write him? My father is like this, he never calls me or writes me. But when i do call him he asks why i havent called in a while, my reply.... "dad you have my number too!"

if there is a will, break the ice and just do it. You wont regret it. -a son

Oh, I call him. But he has never set up the voice mail on his cell phone, so I can't leave a message. I have to call his mom in Fort Collins and tell her to tell him to call me when she sees him. Argh.

WINKY
October 11th, 2009, 09:05 AM
oh ok....:(

1freaky1
October 11th, 2009, 09:11 AM
:wave::welcome:

bowtied1
October 11th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Welcome!

ShutUpHippie
October 11th, 2009, 05:54 PM
Welcome! Looks like you have an FJ problem.. :D

any pics anywhere?? Or did I scroll past them?