PDA

View Full Version : November 1st Snow Run

Brody
October 10th, 2009, 01:14 PM
A reminder to people who are planning on going on this run:

Bring a shovel, winter gear, warm beverages, extra gloves, tow strap(s) and other basic winter stuff. We are probably going to find quite a bit of snow.

We are also going to use the Johnny Park Road/Mt Thierson(sp?) Road as a secondary trail if the FS decides to shut down MSV/Coney early for some reason. I asked James(Porkchop) to ask any FS Rangers he saw what the close date officially is for the MSV/Coney Trail as it may have changed. In the last few years, the MSV/Coney trails have closed mid November, so I am figuring that they are going to be open. He should have some sort of report after their run this weekend.

The Johnny Park : http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=103

is a fun trail and slightly easier all around than MSV/Coney. It also stays open a little longer, is fun, and is suitable for full size rigs. The Thierson trail forms a loop of sorts, though I have never been on this. Rob, DrUnit, has, so maybe he can fill in the blanks. It can be run either way and is accessed off of Peak to Peak or Hwy 34. We would probably start at the Peak to Peak end as it would be closest.

I am open to more back up suggestions, too. LeftHand is nearby, Miller Rock would probably be impassable and not a good idea as it is only a one way. Pole Hill may very well be closed as last year the FS installed a seasonal gate.

Rob
October 10th, 2009, 02:52 PM
It's Pierson Park and could make a good alternative loop, with Johnny Park, if MSV is closed. Johnny Park has more challenge, though. Pierson has one steep, narrow, twisty section that will be a challenge if it's snowy and muddy. Nothing a little winching couldn't handle, though. The rest of Pierson is easy, at least when it's not covered in snow. If we start at the 34 side, we'd miss some residenital dirt road driving you have to do to get to the trails from the Peak to Peak side.

Pete's right about Pole Hill. I don't know how much snow it'll take for the FS to shut the gate. Sections of it can get pretty rutted and boggy.

I wouldn't do Miller Rock in the snow. Plus you have to call ahead and get the folks at the ranch to open the gate at the end of the trail.

The FS hasn't listed any closures yet, but who knows how quick they are to update the Web sites: http://www.fs.fed.us/r2/arnf/conditions/forest-roads/index.shtml

Brody
October 10th, 2009, 04:02 PM
The FS hasn't listed any closures yet, but who knows how quick they are to update the Web sites: http://www.fs.fed.us/r2/arnf/conditions/forest-roads/index.shtml

None listed closed when I checked it this AM either, but Rob is right about how often they update their information. I have been led astray by their site before...

BlackRubi
October 10th, 2009, 05:25 PM
I'm curious as to whether or not I would be able to do the run without a winch.

Chris
October 10th, 2009, 05:33 PM
Just get in front of me and I'll winch you out Kyle ;)

WINKY
October 10th, 2009, 05:54 PM
so far i think we got like 6 winches going.... not women......:lol:

Rob
October 10th, 2009, 07:24 PM
And we'll have plenty of straps and shackles and stuff. So no problem.

Speedwagon
October 10th, 2009, 09:29 PM
Can a stock BRAT play on this trail? Or will it be too much for it? I'd kind of like to play offroad in the BRAT a bit, but might have to resort to the Ranger.

Haku
October 10th, 2009, 10:37 PM

Bring a shovel, winter gear, warm beverages, extra gloves, tow strap(s) and other basic winter stuff. We are probably going to find quite a bit of snow.

We are also going to use the Johnny Park Road/Mt Thierson(sp?) Road as a secondary trail if the FS decides to shut down MSV/Coney early for some reason. I asked James(Porkchop) to ask any FS Rangers he saw what the close date officially is for the MSV/Coney Trail as it may have changed. In the last few years, the MSV/Coney trails have closed mid November, so I am figuring that they are going to be open. He should have some sort of report after their run this weekend.

The Johnny Park : http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=103

is a fun trail and slightly easier all around than MSV/Coney. It also stays open a little longer, is fun, and is suitable for full size rigs. The Thierson trail forms a loop of sorts, though I have never been on this. Rob, DrUnit, has, so maybe he can fill in the blanks. It can be run either way and is accessed off of Peak to Peak or Hwy 34. We would probably start at the Peak to Peak end as it would be closest.

I am open to more back up suggestions, too. LeftHand is nearby, Miller Rock would probably be impassable and not a good idea as it is only a one way. Pole Hill may very well be closed as last year the FS installed a seasonal gate.

We didn't see any rangers to ask on the T-33 run today, but there was plenty of snow. Definitely got an early "first snow run" unexpectedly.

I may or may not be back in town by the 1st, but I'm definitely up for a good snow run. We had an awesome time on Bunce and Iron Clads last time, and had fun going up LHC earlier in the day before everyone met up. Not sure if this weather will hold out or not, but either way it will be fun.

JH

Brody
October 11th, 2009, 04:25 AM
Can a stock BRAT play on this trail? Or will it be too much for it? I'd kind of like to play offroad in the BRAT a bit, but might have to resort to the Ranger.

My thought is that you are going to want more gearing, more power and more clearance than the Brat has. I have never driven one in deep snow off road, though...Was me, I would go for the Ranger...and I don't think anyone wants to do a repeat of the Stockers Run/Jeep Patriot experience. This was a classic example of taking a rig on a trial that simply was too much trail. I gather that everyone was pretty good natured about this, but it made a lot of needless and unnecessary work for everyone else on the run...

Brody
October 11th, 2009, 07:13 AM
It's Pierson Park and could make a good alternative loop, with Johnny Park, if MSV is closed. Johnny Park has more challenge, though. Pierson has one steep, narrow, twisty section that will be a challenge if it's snowy and muddy. Nothing a little winching couldn't handle, though. The rest of Pierson is easy, at least when it's not covered in snow. If we start at the 34 side, we'd miss some residential dirt road driving you have to do to get to the trails from the Peak to Peak side.

Here is the traildamage.com link to Pierson Park:

http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=189

Trouble with starting on the 34 side is that by the time we find out that Bunce/MSV/Coney is closed, we are already going to be closer to the Peak to Peak side. I would prefer this rather than drive all the way to Hwy34 then back towards Lyons only to drive back towards the Peak to Peak entrance we pass on the way to Hwy34.. It would make sense to get on another trail as soon as possible if the first choice gets shut down.

Haku
October 11th, 2009, 09:35 AM

I would say that its completely depending on how much snow there is on the ground. It would probably handle it fine with no snow, but adding 6 inches of snow makes a big difference to what you need to complete a trail. There is also a water crossing that could be pretty iffy in that low of a rig. I know a mostly stock Suzuki Sidekick made it through without getting any water in the cab, but not sure the ride height on the Brat.

If this weather keeps up, then it could be rather deep. I know the Brat has low range gearing and all that, but not sure how low it goes. At the least you'll need some good tires for it. I agree with Brody that the Ranger might be a better fit for this. That said, I'd take that Brat all day long over the Patriot we manhandled up Red Cone.

JH

Ace
October 11th, 2009, 10:15 AM

About 3 snow runs last year I forgot boots. Guess which 3 runs I had to get out a lot and walk in the snow:mad:

My sammy's foot pedals really aren't big enough for boots. my feet really get in the way so I tend to wear shoes up to the trail and then swap boots. That's why I forget. Makes for a miserable day of cold feet!

I'm so ready for this run... It's been a few weeks since I've been out.

Brody
October 11th, 2009, 10:57 AM
My sammy's foot pedals really aren't big enough for boots. my feet really get in the way so I tend to wear shoes up to the trail and then swap boots. That's why I forget. Makes for a miserable day of cold feet!

There isn't much room for your feet in a Sammi unless you wear a size 5! I try to do the same thing and wear tennies as much as I can. One of the last runs we did, I got my big foot wedged under the brake pedal and on the gas pedal and damn near ran into the back of Chris' Cruiser! And that was with the tennies on! LADawn looked at me with a "WTF?!!"A little while later when she was driving, she did the exact same thing, but with no one in front of her.

And mud...you forgot to mention mud. When Rob nearly flopped in the mud pit on Bill Moore, I jumped into the mud to get a strap on his rig. Of course the mud was way over the top of my boots and, of course, I hadn't brought another pair of shoes or dry socks...

Now I try to remember both warm boots and dry socks, but my memory is going, so I never know if I am going to have them or not....

Not much room in a Yota, either, but more than a Sammi...

DETN8R
October 11th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Cant wait to do this run. Just wish I hadnt run my KM2s so bad this last year, they're pretty worn.

ShutUpHippie
October 11th, 2009, 09:07 PM
I'm still in, and being winchless highly likely to get severely stuck if we have a lot of snow :D

We just have to focus on not getting stuck at the same time!

It's a bulletproof plan.

DETN8R
October 11th, 2009, 11:47 PM
We just have to focus on not getting stuck at the same time!

It's a bulletproof plan.
thats no fun.

Ace
October 12th, 2009, 06:20 AM
I'm still in, and being winchless highly likely to get severely stuck if we have a lot of snow :D

No worry's Nay, my Sammy has a winch.:rolleyes:

At least when were done pulling my Samurai to your 80 you'd have company while being stuck:D

Brody
October 12th, 2009, 06:32 AM

At least when were done pulling my Samurai to your 80 you'd have company while being stuck:D

I have a lot of faith in the Sammi's pull ability! I is a true believer! I done has seen de light! I have been pulled by a Sammi in the snow! I have seen the Sammi's anchor a 9,000 pound Dodge! I has been blessed wid de sight!

I also wish that we had gotten a few more pictures of this!

Smash
October 12th, 2009, 08:11 AM
SO EXCITED FOR THIS!

We'll bring 3 extra shovels.

Haku
October 12th, 2009, 09:30 AM
I have a lot of faith in the Sammi's pull ability! I is a true believer! I done has seen de light! I have been pulled by a Sammi in the snow! I have seen the Sammi's anchor a 9,000 pound Dodge! I has been blessed wid de sight!

I also wish that we had gotten a few more pictures of this!

Yeah, at one point we had Brutus anchoring the Sammi too, since Randy didn't have a winch at that point. I though Swath was gonna come out of that with a Long Wheel Base version, what with Brutus on one side, and Brody's Heap down the side of an embankment tangled in some trees.

That was a pretty interesting day for sure. Started out with like 15 rigs or something at the beggining of the day, and dwindled down to just the 4 Samurai's by the end. Heck, some guys went home before even touching trail. 3 of us started early and made it about halfway up Left Hand Canyon before not being able to make it any further up the trail.

Its pretty amazing what a foot of snow on the ground will do to make a very easy trail much harder (and more fun). Definitely have to pick and choose the trail well, as you will be sliding around a lot. Ace was the snow bashing man that day, and broke trail for everyone else. He was trying real hard too, almost too hard though, as that was the day he found out bad things were happening with his engine.

JH

Ace
October 12th, 2009, 01:27 PM
Yep, my motor blew the rings out that trip. I think the trip before snow bashing at Bald Mountain is what did it in. After I rebuilt it I was babying it but now I'm ready to test it again!

Bought a MSD soft touch rev controller. Need to get it on before the snow flys... Just to tempting to rap the hell out of that little 4-banger!

WINKY
October 12th, 2009, 01:50 PM
owie, poor little piston that could....:(

Ace
October 12th, 2009, 05:52 PM
owie, poor little piston that could....:(

You mean that couldn't!

ShutUpHippie
October 12th, 2009, 06:44 PM
SO EXCITED FOR THIS!

We'll bring 3 extra shovels.

I'll sit inside with the heater on and you can dig me out then! :D

DETN8R
October 12th, 2009, 07:01 PM
You guys have to let me use my winch, I have not used it once since getting it last year.

Chris
October 12th, 2009, 07:13 PM
I'll sit inside with the heater on and you can dig me out then! :D

Hey, hey there Rob. Don't go trying to be an old fart and stealing my role! ;)

ShutUpHippie
October 12th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Okay, so... While us young sprouts are digging out Chris, Smash can dig my truck out.

Problem solved for both of us. ;)

Chris
October 12th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Can't argue that one! :D

ShutUpHippie
October 12th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Just bought my chains though! Maybe that will take place of a little digging...

Chris
October 12th, 2009, 07:32 PM
I'll be interested to see how they do. I won't have any again this year, we have to put tires on Barb's car. :(

ShutUpHippie
October 12th, 2009, 07:34 PM
We could throw them on yours sometime during the day if you want. Your tires are 35x12.5x15s right?

Ace
October 12th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Just finished wiring up my rev limiter. I'm more than ready now.

THINK SNOW.

Chris
October 12th, 2009, 07:50 PM
We could throw them on yours sometime during the day if you want. Your tires are 35x12.5x15s right?

That's an idea, thanks Rob. :thunb:

transplant87
October 12th, 2009, 08:13 PM
hey im in if i get the funds together and ill be bringin the pop's:D

Speedwagon
October 12th, 2009, 11:42 PM
I would say that its completely depending on how much snow there is on the ground. It would probably handle it fine with no snow, but adding 6 inches of snow makes a big difference to what you need to complete a trail. There is also a water crossing that could be pretty iffy in that low of a rig. I know a mostly stock Suzuki Sidekick made it through without getting any water in the cab, but not sure the ride height on the Brat.

If this weather keeps up, then it could be rather deep. I know the Brat has low range gearing and all that, but not sure how low it goes. At the least you'll need some good tires for it. I agree with Brody that the Ranger might be a better fit for this. That said, I'd take that Brat all day long over the Patriot we manhandled up Red Cone.

JH

I kind of figured that it would end up being a ground clearance issue, and I'm not familiar with the trail to know how much is needed. Although a stock BRAT gives a healthy 8.3" of ground clearance. Not bad considering its on 185/70/13 tires.

I just ran the number for the hell of it... crawl ratio on the BRAT is 23, the Ranger is 34. So nothing spectacular here. :lol:

Haku
October 13th, 2009, 10:36 PM
Saw a post on CO4x4 that said they may have already closed the gates to MSV, or may be doing it this week. Not sure if its true or not, but might put a crimp in our plans.

JH

Rob
October 13th, 2009, 10:45 PM
Saw a post on CO4x4 that said they may have already closed the gates to MSV, or may be doing it this week. Not sure if its true or not, but might put a crimp in our plans.

JH

This was asked and answered in the other thread. I called the Boulder District office yesterday. They say it's open. :thunb: And if it's not, something else will be.

Pathrat
October 13th, 2009, 10:52 PM
I'll be interested to see how they do. I won't have any again this year, we have to put tires on Barb's car. :(

{minor hijack: I got my chains on craigslist, keep an eye out if you aren't already}

ShutUpHippie
October 14th, 2009, 07:31 AM
Good luck finding chains for 35s though, I scoured CL forever looking for those... You never know though, it's all timing on sites like that.

DETN8R
October 16th, 2009, 11:01 PM
I hope my balding KM2s do well. I should look into some chains.

ShutUpHippie
October 17th, 2009, 04:58 PM
Just ride in the middle of the pack. After the deep snow, before the ice. :thunb:

Brody
October 18th, 2009, 04:24 AM
We ran MSV yesterday after Caribou and started finding some snow pack only towards the end of the trail where it turns up into Coney Flats. I ran a lot of the trail in two wheel drive and I am currently open in the rear axle, so the trail wasn't hard. I did run into a couple of sections where I stuck it in 4wheel, but it was mainly due to stopping on a little slope.

At any rate, even with quite a bit more snow before Nov 1st, this should be a fun run. We will just have to stay out of the mud hole that we ran into. There is a bypass to the right that is just big enough to get around.

Haku
October 18th, 2009, 09:26 PM
Look at the pics in the Caribou/MSV trail report. Its headlight high on Pete and I's rig on one side. Its just wide enough for a rig to fit both wheels in, and have a bit to move around in, but not be level. Here is a pic....

http://62ztxq.bay.livefilestore.com/y1plez6Sh-40HJQg17SouNlVG5IST-mqw3Fpsek6Y21litv4IQS5tkbCROk_suS52l1Gn5mk2tENIofn-yrhL2twg/9.jpg

Depending on how cold it gets by then, this could indeed be a "ice mud" pit. It definitely had been broken through earlier in the day, so it was a "ice chunk and mud" pit when we were there. I bet your rig would get through it allright, since you have front and rear lockers. I didn't have my rear locker engaged (its manual for the moment), but think I could have maybe made it through if I did. Andy got his front wheels up it, but his diff caught on the rear as the rear started to climb. Pete's rig wouldn't climb it either, but again might have if he had the rear locker engaged (working?). Lots of slick snow on the area in front though, so who knows.

JH

JH

Brody
October 19th, 2009, 06:17 AM
Where Andy is standing in the picture is the second bypass. This was actually deep mud with a frozen crust when we were there, but colder days would make this a pretty easy bypass.

A rear locker wouldn't have helped much.You ended up with the left front wheel against a 3' vertical mud wall and everything was sloped just enough so that you tracked down into it as you were trying for traction.

Funrover
October 19th, 2009, 06:27 AM
FYI - NOV 1 is also the time change.

Chris
October 19th, 2009, 09:04 AM
FYI - NOV 1 is also the time change.

:confused:

Funrover
October 19th, 2009, 09:44 AM
:confused:

Daylight savings

Chris
October 19th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Oh, last night it was showing up twice and I couldn't figure out why. Thought maybe you had an idea why and was looking for a tip. Looks like it's okay now.

Andrew
October 19th, 2009, 10:19 AM
Lefthand is fun in snow. But it would not be advisable to do the squeeze obstacle in the snow if you don't want body damage. And you need a locker to do it normally anyway.

Are we sure there will be a bunch of snow? I'm not sure there will be but who knows.

What about ice on the coney flats lake part??

Brody
October 19th, 2009, 11:29 AM
Are we sure there will be a bunch of snow? I'm not sure there will be but who knows.

What about ice on the coney flats lake part??

We didn't run into any snow until we were about 3/4 of a mile from the end of MSV. My guess is that there is going to be snow and ice from that point until you start dropping down to Beaver Reservoir, with about 2-3" of ice on the lake if no one has broken through it. Every year that I have run this trail in November there has been between 10-20" of snow. The Peak to Peak area isn't known for the lack of snowfall...

whatever snow we get between now and then is up in the air. Should be a fun run no matter what.

billsbar
October 23rd, 2009, 10:24 PM

lol it looks like I may be going so I can hook to your Sami and all three of can be stuck. But if we keep that big ol Dodge back we can winch everyone back

Ace
October 24th, 2009, 06:21 AM
Hey Bill, It would be good to get out with you again.

Brody
October 24th, 2009, 06:30 AM
And I will attest to the fact that a Sammi with a winch is a rather impressive little rig:D

Mporter
October 24th, 2009, 06:31 AM
And I will attest to the fact that a Sammi with a winch is a rather impressive little rig:D

Just gotta make sure to anchor the sammi to something like a nearby tree :lol:

Brody
October 24th, 2009, 06:34 AM
Just gotta make sure to anchor the sammi to something like a nearby tree :lol:

Or something bigger than a tree like Randy's Dodge...

WINKY
October 24th, 2009, 07:07 AM
who me and brutus?? LOL:rolleyes:

Brody
October 24th, 2009, 07:34 AM
who me and brutus?? LOL:rolleyes:

No...just you:lol::lol:

Air Randy
October 25th, 2009, 10:42 AM
We did a run last night with the Rising Sun club on the Barbour Fork trail just above Idaho Springs. One minute the moon was out and it was dead calm, then next the wind was gusting 30 mph with heavy snow blowing sideways. It would alternate like this every 30 minutes or so.

The start of the trail was fine, dry and very easy. The upper half of the loop had 2-3 inches of packed snow on it making it very slick. There were quite a few sections where aired down tires and front & rear lockers were the only thing that got you up. If it was dry you could've driven it in 2 Hi.

One open FJ40 kept trying harder and ended up breaking his rear pinion. The rescue group didnt get off of the hill until about 3 AM this morning.

When you plan the gear you pack for the snow run, also think about what you would need it someone broke down like this. Laying in the snow pulling a diff apart without coveralls or a blanket to lay on is bad. Trying to catch gear lube in a trash bag is not optimal. Make sure you hasve plenty of flashlight batteries........you get the idea.

Chris
October 25th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Barb and I ran Barbour Fork yesterday afternoon since we were in the area since it will be closed soon. The only part that got a yelp out of Barb was the hard right turn to come back down, that was a bit slippery due to the snow.

Sorry to hear about the 40 having trouble, that sucks when it's cold & dark.

BTW, I think we have a record for the longest surviving Adopt-a-Trail sign at the entrance. The one there is the original we put up 1+ years ago I believe.

Air Randy
October 26th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Barb and I ran Barbour Fork yesterday afternoon since we were in the area since it will be closed soon. The only part that got a yelp out of Barb was the hard right turn to come back down, that was a bit slippery due to the snow.

Sorry to hear about the 40 having trouble, that sucks when it's cold & dark.

BTW, I think we have a record for the longest surviving Adopt-a-Trail sign at the entrance. The one there is the original we put up 1+ years ago I believe.

I actually saw that sign at the beginning and thought to myself "wow, it's amazing a sign like that is still here"

DETN8R
October 26th, 2009, 07:49 PM
anyone up for some camping the night before? haha

Chris
October 26th, 2009, 08:11 PM
I'm hoping a new fuel filter and tune will get rid of my running like sh!t problem. :mad:

Smash
October 27th, 2009, 07:13 AM
anyone up for some camping the night before? haha

If it wasn't halloween and we didn't already have plans yeah we'd be up for camping!

I'm hoping a new fuel filter and tune will get rid of my running like sh!t problem. :mad:

Uh oh. That's no good!!

Ace
October 27th, 2009, 08:19 AM
Giddy up!

Jamestown info:

Tonight
Periods of snow. Snow accumulation of 3 to 6 inches. Lows 16 to 24. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph after midnight.

http://icons-pe.wxug.com/i/c/a/snow.gif Wednesday
Snow heavy at times and areas of blowing snow. Snow accumulation of 5 to 10 inches. Highs 25 to 33. North winds 10 to 20 mph.
» ZIP Code Detail (http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=80481&hourly=1&yday=300&weekday=Wednesday)
http://icons-pe.wxug.com/i/c/a/nt_snow.gif Wednesday Night
Snow in the evening...then snow likely after midnight. Areas of blowing snow through the night. New snow accumulation of 2 to 5 inches. Lows 13 to 19. North winds 10 to 15 mph.

http://icons-pe.wxug.com/i/c/a/chancesnow.gif Thursday
Snow likely in the morning...then a chance of snow in the afternoon. Additional snow accumulation possible. Highs 26 to 32. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 60 percent.

Brody
October 27th, 2009, 09:35 AM
I just got off the phone with the Boulder County Ranger District and Bunce School/Ironclads, Middle St Vrain amd Coney Flats are still open. The tentative closing date for these trails is the 2nd weekend in November, much as it has been in previous years. The FS Ranger who is normally in charge of closing these trail happens to be out of the office all this week, too, so there shouldn't be any issues with anything except for a large amount of snow.

From the previous post, I would expect to find nasty road conditions, depending on where you are coming from, so if there is snow on the road at your house in the AM when you get up, please allow a little extra time for the drive to the meeting spots.

Also, if there is actually going to be that much accumulated snow on the trail and with the number of rigs we have going on this run, it may not be feasible time wise to run the whole MSV/Coney Flats trail. It isn't a short trail to begin with. A number of factors will end up determining this, none of which can be solved before we get onto the trail and see how everyone is doing in regards to the actual snow conditions.

Air Randy
October 27th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Damn, after reading that weather report I'm on my way out to the shop to weld up some tire chains big enough to fit these 39's. I just have this feeling about how this snow run is going to go................:clap:

Brody
October 27th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Damn, after reading that weather report I'm on my way out to the shop to weld up some tire chains big enough to fit these 39's. I just have this feeling about how this snow run is going to go................:clap:

This is what I am going to be doing tomorrow or Thursday, too. I have two broken sets of chains that I can combine into a set to fit the 38s I have.. Fun cutting that chain stuff,no matter how you do it. Wear those safety goggles or, better yet a face shield! Those cut off links seem to have an affinity for flying at your face!

Air Randy
October 27th, 2009, 03:59 PM
OK, got mine done. I had 2 HD sets of chains that fit 35's so I cut one up to make add-on pieces for the other set. So now I have 1 set of chains that fit my 39's. I'll probably run them up front since I have more weight and wheel clearance than in the rear. I have enough left over parts to make a set for the rear but I'm concerned they will hit if I flex out the suspension.

Man, chains to fit 39's have to be 100" long, almost takes 2 people to carry them.

Chris
October 27th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Good to know who's going to have chains to pull me out! :thunb:

Gecko Cycles
October 27th, 2009, 05:52 PM
can't you use bolt cutters?

Brody
October 27th, 2009, 06:23 PM
can't you use bolt cutters?

Sure, if you have 'em. I busted the last 3' bolt cutters I had and have never replaced them. Now I don't have $$ to replace them, so I use what I have.

Definitely safer to use the bolt cutters...

Rob
October 27th, 2009, 08:33 PM
All this snow coming, and the high is supposed to be in the 60s on Sunday, at least down here.

ShutUpHippie
October 27th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Maybe it'll just be a MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDDDDDDDDDDDDD run!

Air Randy
October 27th, 2009, 10:37 PM
It already weighs 5K lbs, whats another hundred or so? I think we could suggest having everyone just try to drive to my house on Thursday as a substitute for the snow run, they're saying we could get 2 feet here :)

Ace
October 28th, 2009, 06:39 AM
heck, 2 feet of snow would just start to smooth out the rocks for the Blue Mule!:drive:

Lots of options up there. If it's too deep we could head over to Bunce where it's flatter.

Air Randy
October 28th, 2009, 08:01 AM
Flat or flatter sounds good. I don't like it when I'm going faster sideways than I am moving ahead................

Rob
October 28th, 2009, 01:22 PM
It already weighs 5K lbs, whats another hundred or so? I think we could suggest having everyone just try to drive to my house on Thursday as a substitute for the snow run, they're saying we could get 2 feet here :)

Reminds me of the bizzard of '83 in D.C. I spent the day driving around the metro area picking up people who couldn't drive but wanted to come by my house to party all day and night since everything was shut down. The Beltway and other major highways and roads turned into giant parking lots. By evening, my '75 40 was the only thing moving on the roads of Northern Virginia. I ended up driving off-highway a lot to get around parked and stuck vehicles, including both of the area's snowplow trucks. Delivered one pregnant woman to a hospital and ferried about 25 people to my house during the day, who spent a lot of time partying while I was driving around having fun.

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

Also, the Boulder District is starting to post road closures, but MSV and Coney are still listed as open.

DETN8R
October 28th, 2009, 06:52 PM
I'm still in

transplant87
October 28th, 2009, 07:21 PM
this sucks. i wanted to go but the check came in and it to small to do much with so i cant go
:mad:

Chris
October 28th, 2009, 07:38 PM
It looks like the RSVP's are coming back. I know there were quite a few more but trust those folks haven't been online since I repaired the problem.

SubaCool
October 28th, 2009, 07:49 PM
So it looks like I'll be able to make this one as well. Lisa doesn't even want to hear me mentioning anything regarding the Subie and wheeling this weekend :rolleyes: but if anybody has an open seat, I'd like to ride. I've got a feeling that my buddy with the 4runner will bail on me (has all summer). I can meet you all in Lyons, as I'll be at my parent's place (NW Longmont) on Saturday night. If someone has an open spot, I'd be happy to claim it on Sunday ;)
Btw, I don't have a shovel, but I've seen one before and have a general idea how to operate it :erm:

KnuckleHead
October 28th, 2009, 08:54 PM
this sucks. i wanted to go but the check came in and it to small to do much with so i cant go
:mad:

Is it that or did you get scared of all the snow....LOL...

Andrew
October 28th, 2009, 08:59 PM
I wish I could go. I love snow bashing.

But I will be moving that day. Moving over to Ft. Collins. Finally getting out of cowtown.

transplant87
October 28th, 2009, 09:09 PM
its the lack of $ happy. i only have 1 doller to my name:mad:

Rob
October 28th, 2009, 09:19 PM
So it looks like I'll be able to make this one as well. Lisa doesn't even want to hear me mentioning anything regarding the Subie and wheeling this weekend :rolleyes: but if anybody has an open seat, I'd like to ride. I've got a feeling that my buddy with the 4runner will bail on me (has all summer). I can meet you all in Lyons, as I'll be at my parent's place (NW Longmont) on Saturday night. If someone has an open spot, I'd be happy to claim it on Sunday ;)
Btw, I don't have a shovel, but I've seen one before and have a general idea how to operate it :erm:

You can ride with me. And you won't have to drive to Lyons. I can pick you up on my way out of town. And you can read the field operations manual for my shovel on the way to the trail. It's printed in English, French, Spanish and Farsi. :thunb:

Chris
October 28th, 2009, 09:40 PM
Hey Rob, you willing to share the shovel operator? I provide verbal instruction. :D

Rob
October 28th, 2009, 09:52 PM
Hey Rob, you willing to share the shovel operator? I provide verbal instruction. :D

I'd need to see your union card to see if you're checked out on "shovel instruction."

Anyway, this wet, heavy snow is gonna freeze and we'll be able to cruise on top of it. Won't be any digging. :thunb:

WINKY
October 28th, 2009, 10:41 PM
does he have a license to drive said shovel?

white collar redneck dad
October 28th, 2009, 11:00 PM
All this snow coming, and the high is supposed to be in the 60s on Sunday, at least down here.

Im kidless this weekend --- I may be able to make it!! :D

Ace
October 29th, 2009, 06:10 AM
Yep - and 60 degrees on Sunday it'll really hold up well to 3 tons :D

Could easily be 3 feet of new snow, not accounting for drifts. My prediction is this run will be measured in yards :lol:

Jeez Nay, I'm starting to see where you got your forum name!:D

Brody
October 29th, 2009, 06:24 AM
Jeez Nay, I'm starting to see where you got your forum name!:D

Good one, Andy!

Dave should change his screen name to "Naysayer"!

---------- Post added at 06:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 AM ----------

I wish I could go. I love snow bashing.

But I will be moving that day. Moving over to Ft. Collins. Finally getting out of cowtown.

Geez...and I thought that I was the only one that referred to Denver as big cow town.

So...question: If Denver is a big cowtown, what exactly is Ft Collins? A smaller cow town with a higher concentration of nice looking young women, not necessarily farm stock?

Chris
October 29th, 2009, 08:39 AM
My prediction is this run will be measured in yards :lol:

I think you're right Dave. Whoever takes the lead may be the only one who gets on the trail. :eek:

Medic-5150
October 29th, 2009, 09:34 AM
I'm glad I jsut get to ride on this one :), so much less work. Despite possible said shovel operation. It's always better if it's someone elses vehicle stuck :-P. My friends and I got stuck in a couple feet of snow at 12000 feet at 2am...We were out by sunrise

Rob
October 29th, 2009, 09:58 AM
Yep - and 60 degrees on Sunday it'll really hold up well to 3 tons :D

Could easily be 3 feet of new snow, not accounting for drifts. My prediction is this run will be measured in yards :lol:

What can say? I'm an optimist.

SubaCool
October 29th, 2009, 10:40 AM
You can ride with me. And you won't have to drive to Lyons. I can pick you up on my way out of town. And you can read the field operations manual for my shovel on the way to the trail. It's printed in English, French, Spanish and Farsi. :thunb:
Awesome, Thanks! I read well in English and Slovak, hopefully the instructions are not too complicated :p

Btw, they were showing snow totals on TV. As of right now, Nederland has over 31 inches! This should be fun :D Wish I had a snowmobile...

Roostercruiser
October 29th, 2009, 11:14 AM
yall have fun :thunb:

WINKY
October 30th, 2009, 03:04 AM
lardcakes will be forthcoming upon my arrival.:thunb:

Smash
October 30th, 2009, 08:20 AM
lardcakes will be forthcoming upon my arrival.:thunb:

I knew we were riding up to the trailhead with you for a reason. :lol:

Brody
October 30th, 2009, 09:17 AM
I just talked to the Boulder County Ranger District. The information I got is that Middle St Vrain, Coney Flats, Bunce School trails are still open, or at least the gates haven't been shut.

Here is the rub, though:

The FS Ranger that normally closes these gates/trails is back from vacation and starting work again tomorrow AM. The dispatcher said that there is a better than average chance that he is going to be closing all of these trails tomorrow and that, since the FS Ranger Station isn't open on Saturday, there is not going to be a way for us to check to see if they are closed or not.

What this means to us is that I imagine that we are PROBABLY going to find MSV and Coney Flats CLOSED, leaving us with the first 4 miles of so of Bunce School and the Ironclads as the closest alternative routes.

I also just talked to the dispatcher for the FS Ranger District that manages the Johnny Park and Pierson Trails. Roughly the same thing applies to these trails: the gates to the trails are still open as of this morning. The gates may be closed off sometime this weekend, but there isn't going to be a way for us to check as the FS offices are closed on the weekend.

In both conversations, I was told that there is a huge amount of snow on all the trails, possibly making them impassable, whether the gates are open or not.

So, there you have all the information that I do. Nederland had an accumulation of 31 inches and this is about 1,000 or more lower in elevation than any of the trails we have talked about doing and is located in a much friendlier section of mountains. Also note that Yankee Hill area got 41" and this is at the I70 side of Peak to Peak. We are going to be a little higher where MSV, etc are. 41" is almost headlight high on my rig... Take a look at your rig, and see where 31+ inches fall in relation to your tires, frame rails, door sills, etc.

I am still going to go on this run, but am expecting to only be able to get on Bunce School Road and possibly the Ironclads simply due to snow accumulations...and then probably not be able to do the whole trail. Pretty much a standard snow run scenario...

So, just a reminder of what to expect. If you do still plan on going, you need to be bringing a positive and friendly attitude coupled with a bunch of patience and expect to be doing some shoveling, winching, etc, in the cold and snow and, most of all, helping anyone else with a smile:D

Can't do this, you might as well stay at home...

Smash
October 30th, 2009, 09:55 AM
FANTASTIC!

We have no concern at all about "measuring our progress in yards" and will come prepared and ready to do battle with our shovels. :thunb:

Medic-5150
October 30th, 2009, 09:56 AM
If my ride is still up for going I'll be there for sure. If he's not, anyone else got an open seat? I don't have a shovel but am well trained

Andrew
October 30th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Some pics from a guy who went up lefthand...yesterday I think. It's buried.

http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv26/everttbays9766/snow%20day/102909_12372-1.jpg

http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv26/everttbays9766/snow%20day/102909_12381-1.jpg

http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv26/everttbays9766/snow%20day/102909_12431-1.jpg

Smash
October 30th, 2009, 09:58 AM
:eek:

WOOT!

Medic-5150
October 30th, 2009, 10:01 AM
We're gunna be a bunch of kids in a giant candy store!

SubaCool
October 30th, 2009, 11:25 AM
I say dress worm and expect to get wet. Pack extra. This is not gonna be a walk in the park, but more like a crawl in a swamp ;)

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

Hey, worse comes to worse, we can go sledding, build forts and snowmans, and have a huge snowball fight!! Kids, right? :lol:

Smash
October 30th, 2009, 11:29 AM
Yeah I think the wet is key. Jeans won't cut it! Well, unless you aren't shoveling. :lol: We will be in ski pants to stay dry.

Rob
October 30th, 2009, 12:31 PM
Once Pete blazes a trail, it'll be a cake walk for the rest of us.

Do I really have to smile, though? That's such an unnatural expression for me. :D

WINKY
October 30th, 2009, 12:37 PM
someone say cake?:D

Rob
October 30th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Edited for Winky.

Once Pete blazes a trail, it'll be a lard cake walk for the rest of us.

Smash
October 30th, 2009, 12:44 PM
But you must say "lardcake"

WINKY
October 30th, 2009, 12:56 PM
DrUnit, you sir are not worthy. HAHAHAHAHA:lol:

DETN8R
October 30th, 2009, 05:13 PM
Just filled up my CO2 tank so I'm gearing up. I'm preparing to get buried.

Air Randy
October 30th, 2009, 05:17 PM
I'm hoping to be over the flu in time to make this. If I can make it, can someone confirm where were going and where the meetup spot will be?

Chris
October 30th, 2009, 05:45 PM
I'm hoping to be over the flu in time to make this. If I can make it, can someone confirm where were going and where the meetup spot will be?

Highway 36 into Boulder. Stay on it as it passes through Boulder like you are going to Lyons. This is the LAST Safeway Starbucks on the left side before you leave town and it is just past the Checkers sign on the left. 8am.

Smash
October 30th, 2009, 05:47 PM
so excited
so excited

so excited

so excited

so excited

so excited

so excited

so excited

so excited

so excited

so excited

Chris
October 30th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Bring your shovel

Bring your shovel

Bring your shovel

Bring your shovel

Bring your shovel

Bring your shovel

Bring your shovel

Bring your shovel

Bring your shovel

Bring your shovel

Bring your shovel

Bring your shovel

Funrover
October 30th, 2009, 05:51 PM
Take Pictures
Take Pictures
Take Pictures

Take Pictures
Take Pictures
Take Pictures

Take Pictures
Take Pictures
Take Pictures

Take Pictures
Take Pictures
Take Pictures

Take Pictures
Take Pictures
Take Pictures
Take Pictures
Take Pictures
Take Pictures
Take Pictures
Take Pictures
Take Pictures
Take Pictures
Take Pictures
Take Pictures
Take Pictures
Take Pictures
Take Pictures

Smash
October 30th, 2009, 05:53 PM
Yes sirs! You know we're good for both. Video too.

Funrover
October 30th, 2009, 05:55 PM
You know we're good for both. Video too.

I wouldn't let that get out to much :lol::lol:

SubaCool
October 30th, 2009, 05:55 PM
Highway 36 into Boulder. Stay on it as it passes through Boulder like you are going to Lyons. This is the LAST Safeway Starbucks on the left side before you leave town and it is just past the Checkers sign on the left. 8am.
...or 9am at a gas station in Lyons, right?

Smash
October 30th, 2009, 06:00 PM
I wouldn't let that get out to much :lol::lol:

It's alright, they're not for sale. ;)

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

Bring your good video camera, it's much better than my Flip.

Funrover
October 30th, 2009, 06:00 PM
Free vid even....... Whats the catch? :lol:

SubaCool
October 30th, 2009, 06:02 PM
Bring your good video camera, it's much better than my Flip.
I'm bringing both, will just have to keep em dry. My last video camera I got wet, it didn't like that much :erm:

Funrover
October 30th, 2009, 06:07 PM
I'm bringing both, will just have to keep em dry. My last video camera I got wet, it didn't like that much :erm:

:lol::lol: My mind is in the wrong place

Smash
October 30th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Free vid even....... Whats the catch? :lol:

Can be negotiated for the right 4x4. :thunb:

Make sure your jacket has atleast one waterproof pocket.

SubaCool
October 30th, 2009, 06:38 PM
What the hell are you thinking about? :erm: :rolleyes:

Make sure your jacket has atleast one waterproof pocket.
I'm more worried about dropping one into snow or something along those lines ;)

Smash
October 30th, 2009, 06:45 PM

Hehe, the talk of videos and Karla. :p

I'm more worried about dropping one into snow or something along those lines ;)

Uh. Wrist strap? I can bring some zip ties. :lol:

JeepersCreepers
October 30th, 2009, 06:49 PM
anybody heading up from castle rock area/south denver area? I have not been up that way yet and have no clue where I'm going.

Funrover
October 30th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Hehe, the talk of videos and Karla. :p

Uh. Wrist strap? I can bring some zip ties. :lol:

So... are these "tools" of the trade for you 2? :lol: Be kind man... padded handkuffs every now and then sheesh... :lol:

Smash
October 30th, 2009, 07:27 PM
So... are these "tools" of the trade for you 2? :lol: Be kind man... padded handkuffs every now and then sheesh... :lol:

No padding! We are tough! We use shovels!

And I'm digging myself deeper....... :lol::lol::lol:

Funrover
October 30th, 2009, 07:31 PM
No padding! We are tough! We use shovels!

And I'm digging myself deeper....... :lol::lol::lol:

:rolleyes::rolleyes: Oh man that was bad......

Medic-5150
October 30th, 2009, 08:09 PM
anybody heading up from castle rock area/south denver area? I have not been up that way yet and have no clue where I'm going.

I live in Arvada, right off of 36 and Sheridan. If you want to pick me up, I can help ya get there. I'm not taking my rig on the trail. I was gunna ride with Charlie, but I'm not sure if he's still going with all the snow. Let me know if I can be of any help

Rob
October 30th, 2009, 10:48 PM
I live in Arvada, right off of 36 and Sheridan. If you want to pick me up, I can help ya get there. I'm not taking my rig on the trail. I was gunna ride with Charlie, but I'm not sure if he's still going with all the snow. Let me know if I can be of any help

I talked to Charlie tonight. Sounds like he's still planning to go. He wanted to drive up and scout out the trail. I thought about it, but I need to check out Patrolman's tires for sale, pick up a couple of items for the 40 and switch out tires on the Cruiser before the run Sunday.

Medic-5150
October 30th, 2009, 10:49 PM
I talked to Charlie tonight. Sounds like he's still planning to go.

Yea, I talked to him as well. I think he's going to head up there tomorrow and check it out.

As for Jeepers, let me know, I can meet you somewhere convenient if you'd like. It's really pretty much a straight shot on 36 though.

Speedwagon
October 31st, 2009, 12:19 AM
I'm very seriously considering bringing the BRAT out to this. If I get out there and it's over my headlights, I can just walk it a bit, and my halfbreed Husky would probably LOVE to be out in that much snow. I might have to rent some snowshoes from REI too, so I can try em out. :)

Subacool and Smash, are you taking the subies out to this? Or something else?

4Runninfun
October 31st, 2009, 04:03 AM
Speedwagon

Do you have good snow tires on? that will make a world of difference, also if you have the ability hit up wally world get some basic cable chains, then let a couple big boys break down the big drifts and then i don't think you'd really have an issue. If i were you i'd ask and see who's got an open seat, drive out there and then make a judgement call to either drive or ride depending on conditions. I took my old 85 wagon through quite a bit of deep snow so the ability is there as long as it doesn't get too deep. also make sure you have recovery points front/rear, if not you might wanna re-consider based on that alone. without those it really isn't a good idea.

Brody
October 31st, 2009, 05:55 AM

Straight shot up I25 to 36 (Boulder Turnpike), stay on that all the way to Boulder. Continue to go through Boulder on the same road. Last Safeway on the left side.

---------- Post added at 05:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 AM ----------

I might have to rent some snowshoes from REI too, so I can try em out. :)

I have a spare pair of snowshoes I am selling. There are over at a friend's on loan right now, but if you are interested and weigh between 180 and 225 +-, they would work for you. I got them for doing winter mixed rock and ice climbs when I was carrying a 50lb plus pack..Let me know if you are interested with a PM...

I'll probably have mine thrown in the back if you just want to borrow some...

Do not discount using poles when you snow shoe either! Grab some hiking poles or a set of ski poles. Makes all the difference in the world.

JeepersCreepers
October 31st, 2009, 07:18 AM
[QUOTE=Brody;67778]Straight shot up I25 to 36 (Boulder Turnpike), stay on that all the way to Boulder. Continue to go through Boulder on the same road. Last Safeway on the left side.

Sounds easy enough! :D

Famous last words right! :lol:

I'll see everyone there unless something last minute comes up.

Ace
October 31st, 2009, 07:23 AM
There's a decent chance I will have a seat open... I'm up in Longmont, could meet in Longtown, lyons or the trail.

Plus I have a winch so less shoveling!

Smash
October 31st, 2009, 08:00 AM
Subacool and I are not bringing our subies. Snow will be too deep.

I have snowshoes I can bring to if you'd like to borrow them. Not for sale though. Let me know!

white collar redneck dad
October 31st, 2009, 08:28 AM
Yea, I talked to him as well. I think he's going to head up there tomorrow and check it out.

Hello all -- Gonna be taking off my balding 32x11.5x15 "mudders" and putting on 235x75x15 snow tracker tires on a jeep with 4.5 in coils!!!!:lol::lol: Gives me plenty of room for flexing with chains!!:thunb::thunb:

Being kidless this weekend, I was thinking of heading up to the trail head later today to check out the 35-40 inches of snow that fell over the week. As you know the town of Pine (near Rollinsville) received 45 inches (almost 4 feet)of snow over the week. Could make for a fun fun snow run!!! Im so pumped for this trip as it has been awhile since my green jeep has been on a trail.

Would anyone like to go check out msv / camp dick to the trail head and / or even a portion of the trail later today? To allow for the heating of the day -- Im thinking early afternoonish....

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 AM ----------

Yes -- Diamond Shamrock in Lyons on Left side of road @ 9am.

Chris
October 31st, 2009, 08:45 AM
I'm out, a continuation of family visiting has priority. :(

white collar redneck dad
October 31st, 2009, 08:47 AM
I'm out, a continuation of family visiting has priority. :(

Chris -- any chance of getting those Body Size Fr4x4 Stickers? I would like two of them..

Chris
October 31st, 2009, 08:48 AM
They're long gone Charlie, just small ones left.

white collar redneck dad
October 31st, 2009, 08:50 AM
They're long gone Charlie, just small ones left.

Thanks Chris,,Any chance of ordering new ones?

Chris
October 31st, 2009, 08:52 AM
Not for a while, not enough demand.

white collar redneck dad
October 31st, 2009, 08:54 AM

Ok -- Thanks Chris.

Rob
October 31st, 2009, 02:27 PM
Plus I have a winch so less shoveling!

Did you get a rear flotation device installed yet? I hear that water-filled crater is still on MSV. ;)

ShutUpHippie
October 31st, 2009, 02:28 PM

Just take I-25 North to 36 West. 36 West goes through Boulder (and turns into 28th?), then Pete's directions should be able to take you from there.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

_________
Just kidding, that was already posted. I should learn to read..

Brody
October 31st, 2009, 04:14 PM
Rob's right. I need to learn to read, too:

I25 north to 36 West through Boulder. LAST Safeway on the left before you leave town, just past a Checkers sign.

I25 north....wait....already did this...:lol::lol:

Mporter
October 31st, 2009, 05:07 PM

I may be interested in a few....not sure yet

Also, i'm going to be Pete's shovel slave on this run :D

Ace
October 31st, 2009, 05:21 PM
Did you get a rear flotation device installed yet? I hear that water-filled crater is still on MSV. ;)

I installed new fenders today to replace the one that the crater swallowed.

And I think I fixed the nut behind the wheel!

Air Randy
October 31st, 2009, 05:22 PM
I'm out gang, if I go anywhere tomorrow it will probably be to the ER. Man, I have never felt this bad for such a long time before. Be safe, have fun and take lots of pictures.

Rob
October 31st, 2009, 07:02 PM
I'm out gang, if I go anywhere tomorrow it will probably be to the ER. Man, I have never felt this bad for such a long time before. Be safe, have fun and take lots of pictures.

Flu, Randy? Hope you kick it quickly.

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

[QUOTE=Brody;67778]Straight shot up I25 to 36 (Boulder Turnpike), stay on that all the way to Boulder. Continue to go through Boulder on the same road. Last Safeway on the left side.

Sounds easy enough!

How about something easier?

Straight up I-25 to State Highway 66. Go west on 66 to Lyons. The Diamond Shamrock is on the left before you get into town. I think it's just after the intersection with 36.

That route is 4 miles longer but three minutes quicker (roughly) and you don't have to hit all those lights in Boulder. I think you'll hit maybe five lights on 66.

DETN8R
October 31st, 2009, 07:39 PM
See you guys in the morning.

Ace
October 31st, 2009, 08:09 PM
See you guys in the morning.

Ditto

Medic-5150
October 31st, 2009, 08:19 PM
:D:D:D:D:D:D I'm gunna be tired, I'll do the best I can shoveling.

Rob
October 31st, 2009, 08:36 PM
DrUnit, you sir are not worthy. HAHAHAHAHA:lol:

I know. I was raised on Moon Pies. :( I still have a lot to learn. :thunb:

WINKY
October 31st, 2009, 08:39 PM
i was sick when i was a kid and ate too many moonpies and got sicker... now its a stigma thing for me i cant eat them anymore... :(

white collar redneck dad
October 31st, 2009, 09:34 PM
Im so pumped --- its gonna hard to sleep tonight!!!! Changed out 8 tires today -- nothing like 235's on 4.5 in coils then again 32x11.5 mudders on stock cherokee!!

Don't forget to change BACK the clock -- otherwise you may be just alittle bit early!!

See ya in the morning..

WINKY
October 31st, 2009, 10:13 PM
YAY SNOW RUN!

Chris
October 31st, 2009, 10:20 PM
All y'all have fun!

white collar redneck dad
October 31st, 2009, 10:27 PM
All y'all have fun!

I got a hunch that Randy will get a chance to use that 16,000 lb winch!! :thunb:

Rob
October 31st, 2009, 10:36 PM
I called the Boulder Ranger District and listened to the road-closure recording.

If it's right, WE'RE ON. (Sorry for yelling, Chris.)

Mporter
October 31st, 2009, 10:55 PM
I called the Boulder Ranger District and listened to the road-closure recording.

If it's right, WE'RE ON. (Sorry for yelling, Chris.)

Supposed to be like mid-50's and light winds

Smash
November 1st, 2009, 01:27 AM
Well, just getting settled in after going out for halloween. I went as Ghost Rider, Karla as a mexican ganster (complete with facial hair made with her hair! It was awesome). Clocks set back, will be tired but ready to meetin Winky at 6:30am. I think we're riding with hippie? Lol I am too intoxicated to remember at the moment, someone point me in the right direction in the morning. Will be armed and ready with shovels. See y'all in the morning!!

Brody
November 1st, 2009, 05:19 AM

Feel Better fast Randy! I hope it is nothing more than just a nasty bug! Let us know how you are doing.

Sleep, liquids, etc....We are going to miss you!...and Chris....and Adrian...sorry that you guys aren't gonna be able to make it..

---------- Post added at 05:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 AM ----------

As of this morning all of the roads we are thinking about running, including the back up trails, are still being shown as 'open'. Should be fun!

Smash
November 1st, 2009, 05:44 AM
Well count Winky as one who's cell phone didn't change over... Got a call 10 minutes ago from him asking if we were on our way to his place. Uh. Dude. Its 5:30am.... LOL!!!

Mporter
November 1st, 2009, 05:58 AM
hahaha.....he would.

See ya guys there

Smash
November 1st, 2009, 06:16 AM
Ah **** me sideways. I've never gotten a hangover before in my life. Totally serious, ask Karla. Well, I guess this is what a hangover feels like. Damnit I'm SO ANGRY!!!

I'm out guys.

Karla know has to school me on how to get rid of this strange and evil thing called "a hangover."

WINKY
November 1st, 2009, 06:23 AM
Well count Winky as one who's cell phone didn't change over... Got a call 10 minutes ago from him asking if we were on our way to his place. Uh. Dude. Its 5:30am.... LOL!!!

yeah im gonna have a chat with work and ask why our switches arent changing over, MANY people are gonna be very pissed off today.

Ah **** me sideways. I've never gotten a hangover before in my life. Totally serious, ask Karla. Well, I guess this is what a hangover feels like. Damnit I'm SO ANGRY!!!

I'm out guys.

Karla know has to school me on how to get rid of this strange and evil thing called "a hangover."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA i cant stop laughing! Welcome to manhood Ash!

drink lots of water, lots of headache meds, eat solid foods.

Smash
November 1st, 2009, 06:28 AM
I am so ticked off!! Can't even put to words.... Everybody have a great time!!

I hate getting old.

WINKY
November 1st, 2009, 06:31 AM
glad i called an hour early, wanted to make sure you were ready to go....obviously you figured out you werent...LOL

anyone can get a hangover at any age... just the older you get, you know what to do and what not to do...

Smash
November 1st, 2009, 06:32 AM
Lol, your welcome for the entertainment Winky! Sorry I made Karla talk to you.... Ug the thought of listening to your diesel right now....

WINKY
November 1st, 2009, 06:34 AM
no problem man, get rest.

Smash
November 1st, 2009, 06:34 AM
I'm ****ing 28 years old! Haha you'd think I would know what to do. LOL!! This is mildly amusing. Would be very funny if I wasn't so pissed!

ShutUpHippie
November 1st, 2009, 06:41 AM
You trying to say that my pipes are gonna be too loud for you this morning?!! haha :lol:

RockyMtnHigh
November 2nd, 2009, 08:14 AM
I'm ****ing 28 years old! Haha you'd think I would know what to do. LOL!! This is mildly amusing. Would be very funny if I wasn't so pissed!

A hangover is essentially your body crashing, it's looking for the substance you poured down your throat the night before, it's not getting it so that's part of the reason the headache kicks in. Some say take aspirin right before drinking heavily, my problem is I don't ever plan on drinking heavily, if the first couple go down smooth and everyone else I am with, feels like partying, well that's where it starts, by that time any foresight on the morning after is not any where to be found. Water and Gatorade is a definite need the morning after, your body is dehydrated and is the other part of the reason for the headache and the reason you generally feel like crap, tired and sluggish.

The headache is the worst of it though, I can deal with the rest. What I found that works best is take a shot of what you had the previous night. If it was a beer stupor, then chug half a can of whatever it was you had the night before, and then hit the water and pain meds.

Smash
November 2nd, 2009, 08:20 AM
I think I was still drunk.... As posted in the ride report, I got up at 9:45am feeling just fine. Heck, I even made a full breakfast in bed for Karla.

transplant87
November 2nd, 2009, 08:20 AM
slam a beer, eat a bowl of manudo and go to sleep when u wake up ull feel alot better