PDA

View Full Version : Playgrounds

sunk
October 22nd, 2009, 07:41 PM
Seems like any time I find a cool spot to test my flex, or blast thru a big puddle, or find a short steep hill to play on, someone closes it down. Im not talking about on a trail, but somewhere in town...anyone know of any spots to mess around the denver metro area? I understand if you dont want to give up your secret spot.;)
I think I need to head out to CORE

WINKY
October 22nd, 2009, 07:48 PM
one reason why i dont do anything on land in the city or near is trespassing violations... i got one with a remote control car and had to go to court. its not worth the hassle...

unless its property of someone you know.

Chris
October 22nd, 2009, 07:51 PM
CORE would be good for that, private or public wouldn't be. ;)

sunk
October 22nd, 2009, 07:55 PM
I knew the answer before I asked...

gm4x4lover
October 22nd, 2009, 10:42 PM
i got one with a remote control car and had to go to court. its not worth the hassle...

WTF?? how does that happen?

WINKY
October 22nd, 2009, 11:31 PM
guess the cops were short on donut funds....

what happened was me and a friend drove in his blazer onto the property, got our rc trucks out and were having fun. The owner hated people on his land and in retaliation for not being able to put a walmart there on that land he just wanted to burn the world and prosecuted everyone that stepped foot on it. the cops knew this and took advantage of it for revenue, the cop said that because we drove the blazer onto the property we were trespassing. at the same time he ticketed a little kid on a 50cc dirtbike and his dad. another kid on a bmx bicycle, and a couple guys on dirtbikes.

Went to court, told the judge there were no signs, and he said tough crap. We mentioned to him that it sure was a waste of taxpayers money to spend the time in court for playing with remote control cars. I had to spend the next 3 months clean (no robbing 7-11's shooting people or robbing them, killing babies, raping women, felonies etc etc) and it would be dismissed being a first time offense in my whole life.... our justice system is severely flawed to the point that it only brings in revenue and frees the bad criminals. I was effing pissed off and $150 short :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Brody
October 23rd, 2009, 06:17 AM
Stephanie(Pathrat) knows of a spot by her house out in Arvada and Josh (Haku) knows of one off 104th. Try PMing those guys and get directions...

Mporter
October 23rd, 2009, 06:24 AM
(no robbing 7-11's shooting people or robbing them, killing babies, raping women, felonies etc etc)

No one ever said it had to be women or 7-11's.....:confused:

Brody
October 23rd, 2009, 08:07 AM
No one ever said it had to be women or 7-11's.....:confused:

Yeah Randy...and just so that you keep your priorities in order, it is "Rape, pillage, then burn" not the other way around....

1freaky1
October 23rd, 2009, 08:38 AM
PM whitecollarredneckdad he knows a place out by Buckley A.F.Base

Haku
October 23rd, 2009, 08:51 AM
104th? Not sure about anything out there. The only Metro "playground" I know of is the Buckley one, and we've already had that discussion on here.

If anyone needs to flex out their rig and such, 4wheelparts doesn't mind if you use their loading ramps. They are tall enough where just about any rig will be able to flex till they can't anymore. Maybe not a moon buggy, but thats a whole another issue. We used it to Flex Scoutman's Scout the other day, to measure for shock lengths.

JH

scout man
October 23rd, 2009, 10:47 AM
yea, they are some of the better loading dock ramps I have seen.

Funrover
October 23rd, 2009, 10:56 AM
Your Scout just looks to awesome man!

WINKY
October 23rd, 2009, 11:08 AM
Yeah Randy...and just so that you keep your priorities in order, it is "Rape, pillage, then burn" not the other way around....

damn i knew i got something wrong on barbarian final exams.... damnit and i cant take it again.......:mad:

Mporter
October 23rd, 2009, 11:18 AM
Thats a mighty fine scout you got there

BlackRubi
October 23rd, 2009, 12:22 PM
The one by Buckley AFB is just outside the Mississippi Gate. Take Mississippi west until it makes a 90 degree right hand curve (this is past Buckley). On your left side there will be a dead end road that connects to a dirt trail. Lots of mud, a few good hills, some puddles, and a few rocks.

Chris
October 23rd, 2009, 01:37 PM
Since you're based there Kyle maybe you can tell us what the status of this area is for public use. I discourage everyone from using areas like this since it's probably trespassing and further tarnishes the view of 4x4ers.

Haku
October 23rd, 2009, 02:42 PM
From what I gather, its private land (not part of Buckley) but its hard to tell since there is no signage. From the looks of it, its for future residential use. For now, its mostly just a bunch of flat dirt track, with a few gullies that have mud pit type stuff in it. Lots of dumped tires and large appliance type stuff out there too. About 10 couches out there right now as well, so if you are looking for Riot making material there ya go.

I can see both sides of this argument honestly. On one side I discourage trespassing and such, but on the other this are is unmarked, clearly used, full of prairie dogs, and when its used for its intended purpose, will be bulldozed and graded, so whatever people do will be erased anyways. So yeah, is one of those gray area things, and can go either way. I think the main complaints the PD gets, is noise of ATV's and Dirt Bikes from the nearby Town Home community. Kinda funny, when you consider there are f-16's flying in and out all the time.

JH

p.s. Looked closer at the Road Closed signs near the entrance to this area, and they are at the end of the pavement, but it doesn't look like they were placed there to keep people off the land, but more as a warning that the road ends.

Brody
October 23rd, 2009, 02:57 PM
yea, they are some of the better loading dock ramps I have seen.

Nice...who really needs an RTI anyway?

Haku
October 23rd, 2009, 03:07 PM

Not I, just something to measure stuff out with. Might need to do this myself soon, as the shocks I have seem to be bottoming out before they hit the bump stops. I think my rig could manage a bit more uptravel before completely stuff the tires, so I may change the shocks for something with a smaller compressed length. Definitely prefer to not have the shocks be the thing to limit travel in either direction. Thats what springs and bumpstops are for, or if you get really extreme, limit straps.

The best area to do the RTI style stuff over there is near the tire pile. Good time to sort through their stuff and see if there is a usable spare in there. Lots of 16", 17", and up stuff there. Not so much for 15" tires though for some reason.

JH

Funrover
October 23rd, 2009, 03:17 PM
The Docks where I work are nice.. but not the best

BlackRubi
October 23rd, 2009, 04:03 PM
Haku is spot on. The "Road Closed" sign is only on the pavement. I asked the guy that was mowing the grass out there if it was OK for me to be out there. He said that it wasn't a problem. Then again, he could just be hired to mow.

cfr
October 23rd, 2009, 06:54 PM

Don't do this at the dock on accident. This guy needed brains more than he needed an RTI ramp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2cZXAie4lU

Haku
October 23rd, 2009, 07:04 PM
yeah........thats what happens when....

1) You are dumb
2) You take a vehicle that can't flex up a ramp that is designed to test flex

Many of the vehicles on here, that would never have happened to. Hummer is a decent offroad vehicle, but not for crawling. That video never gets old though, pretty funny.

JH

Brody
October 24th, 2009, 05:50 AM
You watch a couple of things like that and you realize where the term '**** for brains' comes from, **** not being reknown for the quantity of brain cells in it's make up....

Anyone notice that it looks like he had his kids in the car? Looks like a couple of little heads bobbling around back in the back seats....

Mporter
October 24th, 2009, 06:27 AM
I wanna know why he picked it up in the first place.....other than to try and look like a bad ass

Honestly....I can't believe it wasn't common knowledge that once you get most of the weight past the center of gravity....that it's gonna be a couple tons of dead weight you're gonna try and pull down by yourself? Good luck numbnuts.

WINKY
October 24th, 2009, 07:12 AM
even before i hit play i could tell he was up that ramp waaaayyy to far for it to be practical..... now i will watch the funny!

---------- Post added at 07:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 AM ----------

OMG WHAT A TARD. someone have his sign? he deserves the bill to repair that thing, and a good size 12 across the face from my foot for breeding......

Roostercruiser
October 24th, 2009, 04:30 PM
[QUOTE=WINKY;66189]guess the cops were short on donut funds....

should have just gave them some lardcakes:D

WINKY
October 24th, 2009, 04:33 PM
i should try that sometime!

Mporter
October 24th, 2009, 06:30 PM
[QUOTE=WINKY;66189]guess the cops were short on donut funds....

should have just gave them some lardcakes:D

Just gotta get an empty box of donuts and put it in the middle of another field and call in a serious crisis to that location, and that all available officers are needed. And while they are searching for the missing donuts.....you have plenty of time to flex out your ride....:cool:

WINKY
October 25th, 2009, 02:53 AM
lmao!

KnuckleHead
October 25th, 2009, 03:35 AM
Why on earth would someone want to do something that stupid... it kills me... and to think that everyone was so impressed after he did it...

4Runninfun
October 25th, 2009, 03:52 AM
I think it was the sort of applause you get when you eat s&%t falling on ice.

scout man
October 26th, 2009, 12:31 PM
Not really sure what he was trying to prove on that ramp. Yes, you can drive all the way to the top, but it doesnt count if you dont have your other 3 wheels on the ground! If you want to prove how steep of a grade you can climb, use a ramp that supports BOTH sides of your rig. He needed to stop when his tire left the ground... about 2.5 feet onto the ramp at the most.

And thanks for the Scout compliments. It still has a lot of work left to go though, but it is getting there.