PDA

View Full Version : small successes

scout man
October 22nd, 2009, 10:39 PM
Ran Yankee Hill today with Josh, and for the fist time in about 6 months I ran a complete trail, start to finish, with absolutely nothing breaking! At least nothing I have discovered so far. Some of you will recall Yankee Hill last spring was the start of all my problems, with the blown up front CV joint. Followed by spring creek, with mor drive shaft issues, steering issues, tire issues, and ultimately tranmission failure. Now 4 tranny installs and lots of hours later, I seem to be back on my wheels! Still plenty of things to do, but at least I am back to upgrading instead of repairing.
:thunb::wrench::clap:

WINKY
October 22nd, 2009, 11:38 PM
do i get to pull the tow hoop off again?

KnuckleHead
October 23rd, 2009, 01:11 AM
Thats great to here... never fun always fixing things....

Funrover
October 23rd, 2009, 10:39 AM
Glad you are back up and runnin!

scout man
October 23rd, 2009, 10:43 AM
do i get to pull the tow hoop off again?

you are welcome to try, but I am prepared for you this time! Bring it on Winky!

Patrolman
October 23rd, 2009, 02:45 PM
Glad that it all has gone well! Major hurdles to get over. Fingers crossed that this is the end of it and it is just upgrades from here out!

Haku
October 23rd, 2009, 03:01 PM
The tranny seems to be happy (knock on wood), so for now its just upgrades. Looks like he could use some new springs up front, but the rest is just strengthening and adjusting for the most part. Found a good source for metal stuff in Altitude Steel (under Colfax and I-25 overpass), so this is defintely doable. Hopefully Steve post the pictures of our "fab job" of his Ford shock towers. We used 3.5" .250 wall angle iron to plate the frame, and then welded the shock towers onto the plate. Worked like a charm, and we did a decent job for using my welder for the first time. I'm pretty psyched to be able to do my own welding now, and the welder should last for a while. Anyone is welcome to come over and use it too, just throw a few bucks my way for consumables maybe.

JH