PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Annual Turkey Run

Chris
November 6th, 2009, 12:39 PM
This is the "official" 2nd Annual Turkey Run thread. As we did last year we'll collect and donate turkeys and other goods and deliver them to the Denver Mission.

The Denver Mission does a tremendous job and feed, clothe and help a huge number of people every year.

Jeff/Patrolman will be orchestrating this again as he did last year.

Thanks Jeff!

Smash
November 6th, 2009, 12:41 PM
RSVP function?

Chris
November 6th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Yes, click the "Turkey Run" on the top of the main page.

Or here -> http://frontrange4x4.com/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2009-11-20&e=148&c=1

Smash
November 6th, 2009, 12:45 PM
Ah there it is! I was too quick.

CR
November 11th, 2009, 04:04 PM
What are the details?
Who is collecting the food or are all of us doing our own thing and delivering together?

Patrolman
November 11th, 2009, 05:15 PM
We are all collecting food individually and then delivering together. I am the "tentative" leader so long as I am still unemployed by next Friday... Here are the details:

http://frontrange4x4.com/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2009-11-20&e=148&c=1

WINKY
November 11th, 2009, 06:45 PM
i will be available to take food there for those that cant make it. pm me to deliver the goods and i will take it there in your behalf.

CR
November 12th, 2009, 04:29 PM
i will be available to take food there for those that cant make it. pm me to deliver the goods and i will take it there in your behalf.
I'm in. Already aquired a large ham, a turkey and about 40lbs of beans. I might need to drop this off to you winky if thats OK. I will know by the middle of the week if I have to work or not.:smokin:

WINKY
November 12th, 2009, 08:25 PM
i have room for one turkey...lol i got space for the rest ill pm my addy and number.

Patrolman
November 16th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Got the RSVP. I called this morning to confirm we are still on for Friday.

The shelter got a $50,000 donation from SW Airlines to buy birds. They got about 4,000 turkeys with the $. Here is the link:
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...48/detail.html

We all plan on meeting at the Colliseum off of I-70 to drive over together. Will meet by 11:50 to drop turkeys at 12-noon in a caravan.

The location we will be taking the turkeys to is the warehouse off I:70:
3501 e. 46th ave

I was also thinking of doing something afterwards for those who attend. The Forney Transportation Museum is right there near the Colliseum. Thought about going in there Friday afternoon. We might get a group rate...

Smash
November 16th, 2009, 02:01 PM
I am really hoping to be in.

Is there anything they need besides food? Or is it best to stick with canned foodstuffs?

transplant87
November 16th, 2009, 02:05 PM
ill see wat i can get together and ill try to make the run

Patrolman
November 16th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Any sort of food, whether it is canned or fresh/frozen. They will use it. They have a warehouse sized fridge/freezer apparently.

Additionally, they can always use clothing, blankets, coats, shoes, sleeping bags, cots, pillows, toys, backpacks/luggage. I have been told in the past, everything/anything except electrical items. I also avoid furniture. We slowly fill up a box of old clothes, shoes, and blankets over the year. Will be taking it with us.

Smash
November 16th, 2009, 02:29 PM
Alrighty thanks, I'll get some canned stuff to donate.

Patrolman
November 16th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Just to keep in mind, I go through the cupboards and get all the stuff that is coming up to the "best by" date. If there is no way I will use it soon, I donate it. Better to give it away than have it go bad.

No need to buy anything. Give away what you have that you won't use.

WINKY
November 16th, 2009, 06:40 PM
i will be bringing clothing and canned food. Anyone need to get with me during this week to drop stuff off that cant make it im available.... No one has called or wanted to meet up so i can collect for ya....!!!

Patrolman
November 16th, 2009, 06:41 PM
I am in South Denver. Happy to take any canned goods, clothing, blankets etc. Just let me know when/where you want to drop off.

ShutUpHippie
November 16th, 2009, 07:19 PM
I'll have some canned goods and various coats and etc. I will have to hook up with someone North of Denver as I will have to be at work that day.

Any takers?

Smash
November 16th, 2009, 07:53 PM
I'm in Wheat Ridge, but won't know for sure until tomorrow if I can go. I'll let you know.

Rob
November 16th, 2009, 08:00 PM
I'll have some canned goods and various coats and etc. I will have to hook up with someone North of Denver as I will have to be at work that day.

Any takers?

You need someone to pick up stuff, Rob? I could stop by on my way down from Longmont.

ShutUpHippie
November 16th, 2009, 08:20 PM
I might need you to. I live right off of 144th and Sheridan- so it's not too far off 287 or I-25. I will let you know as I gather things up.

Thanks Rob :thunb:

Rob
November 16th, 2009, 09:02 PM
I might need you to. I live right off of 144th and Sheridan- so it's not too far off 287 or I-25. I will let you know as I gather things up.

Thanks Rob :thunb:

No problem. Let me know. I can shoot down 287.

CR
November 19th, 2009, 04:46 PM
i have room for one turkey...lol i got space for the rest ill pm my addy and number.
Thanks for offering to help Winky. Looks like I'll be able to make it.

WINKY
November 19th, 2009, 04:47 PM
cool:thunb:

Funrover
November 19th, 2009, 04:48 PM
Where are we meeting and when?

WINKY
November 19th, 2009, 04:51 PM
read post #10

Funrover
November 19th, 2009, 04:59 PM
read post #10

Is this off of I-70 east.. The Denver Collusium?

Roostercruiser
November 19th, 2009, 05:14 PM
i70 and bightoon bvld exit by the stock show complex on souhth side of 170

Roostercruiser
November 19th, 2009, 05:14 PM
right by the mouse trap

Smash
November 19th, 2009, 05:19 PM
I'm out guys, changed my RSVP. Have to work :(

WINKY
November 19th, 2009, 05:37 PM
if you have stuff you want to donate, bring it by my place before 830 tonight and i can deliver for ya ash

Patrolman
November 19th, 2009, 05:42 PM
I was also thinking of doing something afterwards for those who attend. The Forney Transportation Museum is right there near the Colliseum. Thought about going in there Friday afternoon. We might get a group rate...

Turns out I can't do anything afterwards. I got suckered into helping the bro-in-law with the tranny fluid change on the Subaru we just bought him. How does that work, right?!?

Patrolman
November 19th, 2009, 05:43 PM
if you have stuff you want to donate, bring it by my place before 830 tonight and i can deliver for ya ash

Ditto on that. Anyone in South Denver who wants to drop stuff off, I will be home most of the night. PM me and you can drop stuff off.

Smash
November 19th, 2009, 05:51 PM
I don't have anything to donate. With buying the 'burb and the maintenance I want to do + the holidays cash is very tight. I know, it makes me sound like a total ass. I was gonna pick some stuff up tomorrow morning if I was able to get out of work. :(

Roostercruiser
November 19th, 2009, 06:02 PM
I don't have anything to donate. With buying the 'burb and the maintenance I want to do + the holidays cash is very tight. I know, it makes me sound like a total ass. I was gonna pick some stuff up tomorrow morning if I was able to get out of work. :(
your not an ass:)

Smash
November 19th, 2009, 06:05 PM
Haha, I'm an ass, just hopefully not for this! ;)

Funrover
November 19th, 2009, 06:06 PM
Haha, I'm an ass, just hopefully not for this! ;)

.... Since you said it ...... :lol::lol:

WINKY
November 19th, 2009, 06:54 PM
if the shoe fits....AHAHAHAHHA

ShutUpHippie
November 19th, 2009, 08:19 PM
No problem. Let me know. I can shoot down 287.

I don't think I'll have anything to donate at this time. I have been pushing the family to dig through their old coats and etc, but they won't get around to it for a few weeks. I will be doing a solo donation somewhere in the next few weeks.

Have fun guys/gals, hope the turkey run goes well (I have to work :mad:)

It's great that there are so many people who want to help people in need!!

WINKY
November 20th, 2009, 08:46 AM
see you all at the coliseum at 11:50!!!!!!!:thunb:

Smash
November 20th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Have fun guys!

Patrolman
November 20th, 2009, 08:55 AM
see you all at the coliseum at 11:50!!!!!!!:thunb:

See you then! I will be hard to miss. Old brown Toyota truck with gold doors and desert camo hood. Lifted but stock tires. ;)

Patrolman
November 20th, 2009, 09:20 AM
For those who can't make it but still want to donate, you can also donate by online payment at the website. The tab to donate is at the very top of the page. Site is:
http://www.denverrescuemission.org/

And for those who are really ambitious, there is an Enterprise donation with BIG tax benefits:
http://www.denverrescuemission.org/ez.html