PDA

View Full Version : Looking for house/pet sitter over Christmas

Smash
November 10th, 2009, 11:02 AM
I'm looking for a house and pet sitter around Christmas. Here's what I need!

Stay overnight (mandatory, no exceptions)
Feed cats and dogs 6:30am and 6pm
Fresh water daily
Clean cat littler every other day
Poop scoop every other day
Take the dogs for a short walk every other day, 30 minutes or so is good. You can of course walk them more if you'd like.
Bring the mail in
Do not need to stay at the house during the day, I have a secure courtyard for the dogs
Shovel snow out of courtyard if necessary (for the dogs)
Dates: Thursday evening, December 24th - Wednesday morning, December 30th

Pay: $25/day, $175 total, cash

The dogs are healthy, well behaved, 10 and 11 years old (75lb husky/malamute mix, 45lb lab mix). No medications, easy feeding (just dry food), they walk well on a leash. Unfortunately you can't bring any of your pets over as one of my dogs isn't very dog friendly.

Let me know if anyone's interested. I will have the fridge well stocked with the beverage of choice for the sitter!!!

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff182/deesmotorhead/group%20camping%20memorial%20day/IMG_1426.jpg

http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/coloradosmash81/birthday%20fun%20with%20dogs/IMG_3197-1.jpg

Smash
November 10th, 2009, 11:03 AM
Oh, the two cats are both neutered males, about 10lbs, short black hair.

Brody
November 10th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Hey Ash

LaDawn and I are going to be in town for Christmas and have no plans. You don't live that far away from us, the criteria isn't a problem, and we can spend the night there just as easily as we do here.

Happy to help out if we can. Just let us know. We like both dogs and cats, too..

One question: Wireless access or a computer we can use for the internet? We can bring our laptops no problem, but 90% of LaDawn's work is via computer..

Smash
November 10th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Hey sweet that'd be awesome, what's mine is yours while you're here. I'll pull my threads on the other forums and consider the position filled! We can hook up next month and iron out the details. You two are fantastic, thank you! Oh, and you'll have to let me know what to stock the fridge with.... ;)

Brody
November 10th, 2009, 11:44 AM
LaDawn is sticking this on the calendar as we speak. We are going to be gone from November 19th to December 1st. Providing we don't get mistaken for 'rich Americans' in Venezuela and held for ransom (HAHA), in which case they will just shoot us when they see our finances, we will be stateside late on the 1st.

Margarita mix, some regular tequila, Diet and regular Coke and not a bunch of either. No big deal if you don't stock it...up to you.

Funrover
November 10th, 2009, 11:47 AM
PARTY AT SMASH'S PLACE!!! Lets get the plans going...HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Smash
tequila and marg mix taken care of, as is coke. I have coke zero, but will pick up some diet coke for sure.

Question - do you guys like green chili? I infuse Cuervo with medium hatch green chili... Makes a killer margarita.

Oh, I don't have cable (sorry!) but I do have a DVD and VHS player and some movies. I have a bunch of movies on my computer too but I'll be taking that with me for my second cousins to watch.

Smash
PARTY AT SMASH'S PLACE!!! Lets get the plans going...HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Clean up, and I don't have a problem with that!! :thunb:

Funrover
November 10th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Clean up, and I don't have a problem with that!! :thunb:

Well I figure the pets will help with the floor and I know Brody can help repair some of the house issues that are bound to occur. LMAO!! :lol: Have a good time whereever you are going..Everything will be just fine :lol:

Smash
November 10th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Lol, no problem, I trust easily. :)

Headed to a small town just outside Pittsburgh for the annual Christmas family reunion. It's the only time of year I get to see my family, it is very exciting. Also heading up for 2 days towards the New York border to visit Karla's family!! Totally psyched about that, I have only met her mom.

Thanks again Brody for helping to make this happen!

Brody
November 10th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Coke Zero works. We don't have cable, either. We have also hung onto the VHS and have been happy we did as you can get VHS movies at all the Goodwill type stores for about $.50 or sometimes 3 for a buck...

How about DSl or wireless for the laptops?

We are now both very curious about the green chili/margarita deal.

Smash
November 10th, 2009, 11:54 AM
No wireless, but cable in the office. If you have a wireless modem you want to bring go ahead, it's a small place so it should work throughout!

If you guys have a car about the size of the Forester it'll fit in the garage, I'll squish the bike back by the door and give you a garage door opener.

Brody
November 10th, 2009, 11:55 AM
Thanks again Brody for helping to make this happen!

No problem. I pointed this out to LaDawn and asked her if she knew of someone she could suggest and she said "What about us?" It was "Well, why not?"

Glad to be able to help out.

Smash
November 10th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Haha, give her a hug from me! And my aunts, uncle, grandma, cousins..... You get the idea. ;)

Sweet, I'll get a hold of you next moth.

Oh, and I think you should tell the kidnappers your income/net worth. They probably won't waste the bullets. :lol:

Andrew
November 10th, 2009, 12:05 PM
I would have told him to fill the fridge with royal purple gear oil.

:p

Smash
November 10th, 2009, 12:06 PM
My wallet isn't that deep!!!

Funrover
November 10th, 2009, 12:24 PM
No cable, VHS and DVD... Sounds like Jess and I. Cable seems like a waste of $$ IMO.

Have fun with the families and be safe.

Smash
November 10th, 2009, 12:33 PM
Yessir will do.

I really usually have no desire for cable.

Except for last night.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted to watch the Steelers trounce the donkeys. Sigh.

Funrover
November 10th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Yessir will do.

I really usually have no desire for cable.

Except for last night.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted to watch the Steelers trounce the donkeys. Sigh.

Can't watch games on non cable anymore? Shows how much I pay attention

Smash
November 10th, 2009, 12:35 PM
I don't have the fancy box... So I don't even get the local channels.

Andrew
November 10th, 2009, 12:37 PM
I'm too much of a baseball and football fan to not have my HD.

Funrover
November 10th, 2009, 12:38 PM
I don't have the fancy box... So I don't even get the local channels.

LOL.. It was Free or we wouldn't either. :lol:

Smash
November 10th, 2009, 12:45 PM
LOL.. It was Free or we wouldn't either. :lol:

Haha yeah I missed out when they were doing the whole coupon thing, at that point my roommate had (and paid for) cable.

Brody
November 10th, 2009, 03:58 PM
I would have told him to fill the fridge with royal purple gear oil.

:p

Two questions:

Why didn't you mention this before?:eek:

Why didn't I think of it?:(

Smash
November 10th, 2009, 04:00 PM
I promise green chili margs are almost as good.