PDA

View Full Version : Cool AMC Eagle

Patrolman
November 14th, 2009, 07:37 PM
I have seen this car multiple times in Idaho Springs just East of the main drag near the road to the hot springs. We stopped to take pics last weekend and talked to the owner for a bit.

Now sports a V8 (360 if I remember right). Will go back to a 4.0L soon. Converted to solid front axle, 4.0 transfer case with hi/low, True-tracs. Basically, as he stated, the only thing stock is the body and interior, which is still highly modified!

Rob
November 14th, 2009, 08:38 PM
I've driven by that rig a few times myself. I definitely did a double-take the first time. Did the owner say if he wheeled it much?

Patrolman
November 14th, 2009, 08:41 PM
Seems like he takes it out a fair amount, just not any real crawling. Doesn't want to tear it up. Can't blame him. TONS of work into it.

Mporter
November 14th, 2009, 09:43 PM
Thats sick!

It's like a domestic Dune Buggy.
I also like the police front bumper.....do some P.I.T's with that sumbitch!

Patrolman
November 14th, 2009, 09:47 PM
And the hidden winch in the front bumper... It all looks nice and clean.

Andrew
November 14th, 2009, 11:21 PM
It's awesome ran into him on Yankee Hill once.

WINKY
November 15th, 2009, 02:40 AM
i think its the coolest car around! i wouldnt mind having it!

Brody
November 15th, 2009, 05:12 AM
I have talked to the guy a few times over the years, too. Pretty cool little Eagle. When I talked to him, the guy seemed like a real conceited ass, though.

I mentioned his rig on one of the trail clean up reports as that was the second time I have seen him and his rig and talked to him. Both times, he seemed like an ass, so maybe he is simply as ass and can't help it.The thing that I didn't like about his Eagle was that he has about every kind of fake, trashy garbage that Checkers or Pep Boys sells stuck all over it: fake carbon fiber hood scoop, fake hood louvers, etc. God knows what the inside looks like. I fully expected to see a nice set of fuzzy dice, plus some of those fine dingo balls, and some of those totally stupid chrome nekkid women mud flaps on it...

If you were to de tune all the WalMart dollar sale stuff on it, it would make for a nice rig...and one you wouldn't feel embarassed to drive...

Roostercruiser
November 15th, 2009, 07:57 AM
those cars are why i like 4x4's . back in Belguim at S.H.A.P.E. alot of american soldiers would bring them over from the the US and in europe there wasnt antything like those. i also like the wagon versions. remember this was the 80's. ive like them every since.

Roostercruiser
November 15th, 2009, 08:15 AM
there is also a very nic green one in Casper WY at the 4x4 shop on Honeysuckle St. it green and lifted and has full exo cage on it with t tops. that thing is way cool

billsbar
November 15th, 2009, 09:36 AM
I have to agree with Brody, it looks like you could fill a dumpster with all the crap that you could take off it. As far as the the green one, is this it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/IowaEagle/ROTM/september2007.jpg

Patrolman
November 15th, 2009, 10:00 AM
Yeah, it does have a lot of "stuff". I just thought it was cool since it was different.

billsbar
November 15th, 2009, 10:15 AM
oh I think it's cool, but like most that are addicted he couldn't stop buying shtuff for it once it was "done". I'm no different except I try to buy stuff thats usable, like I'm saving right now for up graded drive shafts, and then probably lockers and then more cage and then....................................

Brody
November 15th, 2009, 10:15 AM
Yeah, it does have a lot of "stuff". I just thought it was cool since it was different.

Me too, just all the little glue on geegaws detracted from what is otherwise a nice rig. I used to have an Eagle at one point and he has done everything I wish I had had on mine...mechanically..

I'm no different except I try to buy stuff thats usable

That is what bothered me the most, just the waste of $$ on non usable stuff like the $40 glue on 'carbon fiber' hood scoop...He had said it had won some shows, too, just didn't say where. Mexico, perhaps?

Roostercruiser
November 15th, 2009, 10:46 AM
I have to agree with Brody, it looks like you could fill a dumpster with all the crap that you could take off it. As far as the the green one, is this it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/IowaEagle/ROTM/september2007.jpg
yup thats it and there is a big full size chevy there sitting on 44's

ShutUpHippie
November 15th, 2009, 07:21 PM
That thing is awesome!

billsbar
November 15th, 2009, 07:28 PM
yep I would love to have that style exo cage on my Sami

Brody
November 16th, 2009, 06:19 AM
Now that green one is the business...get rid of all the 3rd world stick on stuff and there you are.

I always look at the hood scoops and vents on rigs to see if they are actually there for a reason besides '3rd World Grooviness'...cars and trucks..I have also looked at all the stuff in PepBoys and have been amazed at the amount of non useful crap: neon under lighting, neon interior light, fake antennas, fake carbon fiber hood scoops, fake hood louvers, fake vents, fake dual exhaust...none of which happens to be cheap. Yeah, skip the 3rd World look and get real...

Funrover
November 16th, 2009, 06:29 AM
I love those cares, personally I want the 4 door version. But I have respect none the less. I do see that one from time to time!

Smash
November 16th, 2009, 07:44 AM
Yep, seen that first rig more than once wheeling up near Apex. I think it's sweet. All the cheap crap he's tacked onto it just adds to the look IMO. However, I got more of a laugh out of it than I think the owner had in mind.... It's definitely a hoot to see in person!

Rob
November 16th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Rig of the Month, November 2005, on AMC Eagle enthusiasts' Web site. Looks like he's added stuff since then.

November 2005 - Mountain Eagle's Trail Rated SX/4http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/IowaEagle/ROTM/novrotm.jpg

Patrolman
November 16th, 2009, 09:50 PM
Articulates better than either my truck or my 4Runner. :(