PDA

View Full Version : Stock Taco

dr350jja
November 21st, 2009, 10:38 AM
Who has a 2005+ latest generation Tacoma? Just curious to see what’s the toughest trails that were run with a stock Taco, and if it’s OffRoad pkg, and short or long bed???

Haku
November 21st, 2009, 01:08 PM
Who has a 2005+ latest generation Tacoma? Just curious to see what’s the toughest trails that were run with a stock Taco, and if it’s OffRoad pkg, and short or long bed???

I think you would be surprised about how much a stock Tacoma could do, especially with the TRD locker and some good tires. I'm reasonably sure one could make it up Old Chinaman Gulch no problem, but maybe not the hardest lines. I think it could also manage something like Holy Cross, with some winching at the first obstacle. Short or Long wheelbase should make a huge difference, as its about 6 inches difference. Maybe on a really distinct ledge that needs a bunch of breakover, but even a short wheelbase version will have issues with that. Gearing might be an issue on really steep stuff, but those have more power then the earlier stuff, so it kind of negates stuff.

So in other words, why not come find out for yourself:lol:.

JH

Funrover
November 21st, 2009, 04:30 PM

huey9876 is the one on this forum with the newest one I believe

dr350jja
November 22nd, 2009, 06:03 PM
Seems like there's a fair amount of Yotas here, but not many of the newer Tacos!?

JeffX
November 22nd, 2009, 07:03 PM
I think Chinaman's will require rock sliders and an occcasional tug for stock a LWB.

dr350jja
December 1st, 2009, 10:51 PM
Must not be many new generation Tacos here!?! :rolleyes: