PDA

View Full Version : Check your Antifreeze!

Patrolman
December 1st, 2009, 12:20 PM
Supposed to get COLD in a day or two! Snow starts tonight. Check your coolant and make sure that it is good well below 0 degrees. Some stations were reporting we will see close to 0 degrees Thursday and Friday morning!

Funrover
December 1st, 2009, 12:23 PM
Checked this morning!!! I am good!

WINKY
December 1st, 2009, 04:56 PM
i need to get a hydrometer thingy to check my vehicles thanks for the heads up jeff!

Patrolman
December 1st, 2009, 05:00 PM
The ones with the little balls are sort of a hassle. I have a Prestone one that has a needle instead. Works great. Hasn't failed me so far! About $4 at Checker I think.

96blkbeauty
December 1st, 2009, 05:18 PM
Yay for extremely cold temperatures and a leaking water pump. I have to check my Antifreeze/coolant at least once a week. :doh:

WINKY
December 1st, 2009, 07:08 PM
The ones with the little balls are sort of a hassle. I have a Prestone one that has a needle instead. Works great. Hasn't failed me so far! About $4 at Checker I think.

ill grab one tomorrow.:thunb:

Patrolman
December 1st, 2009, 07:13 PM
Yay for extremely cold temperatures and a leaking water pump. I have to check my Antifreeze/coolant at least once a week. :doh:

Is it difficult to replace? Belt driven by the serpentine? Some cars have them driven by the t-belt. MUCH more work...

96blkbeauty
December 3rd, 2009, 07:42 AM
As far as I know its driven by the serpentine. I've heard it isn't a real difficult job. I just need to get around to doing it.