PDA

View Full Version : My newest project

1freaky1
December 5th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Ok so I have been on here kinda sporadically lately and here is why, I just could not do with one train running outside in the backyard so I am build one inside my office running the N Scale which is the second smallest trains made. Here a few pics of what I have done in two weeks time from scratch. Meaning I had to build the platform and mountain background plus carve out the foam and design the track layout.

RidgeRunner
December 5th, 2009, 01:35 PM
WOW, very cool. Train sets are so much fun. My dad built a HO scale set when I was a kid, not nearly that elaborate though.

Keep updating, I'd like to see how it turns out.

Chris
December 5th, 2009, 01:55 PM
Nice hobby for the cold weather, nice to see you've brought it inside!

:cheers:

Brody
December 5th, 2009, 02:13 PM
You've made a lot of progress from the last time I saw it! It is looking good!

Mporter
December 5th, 2009, 06:10 PM
That's sweet, I remember going to hobby shops when I was younger and just watching those all the time.

Hypoid
December 5th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Yep, looks much warmer than the garage! :D

Funrover
December 5th, 2009, 06:23 PM
Very Cool!

Roostercruiser
December 5th, 2009, 07:30 PM
:2thumbs::cheers:

Rob
December 5th, 2009, 07:43 PM
Sweet. By the way, Sean, there's a train show at the Boulder County Fairgrounds in Longmont next weekend.

Here's the Web site of the club that puts it on (though maybe you're already familiar with it): http://www.bouldermodelrailroadclub.org/

The BMRC has hosted an annual Train Show for the general public for the last 31 years. This year's Show will be held December 12-13, 2009 at the Boulder County Fairgrounds in Longmont, Colorado. The Show will feature several operating layouts, prizewinning models, a layout to be raffled off, many vendors and opportunities to meet and chat with railroad modelers of this area.
The Show will be open Saturday from 9:00 AM until 5:00 PM. It will be open Sunday from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Admission is $5.00 (children under 14 free).

1freaky1
December 6th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Sweet. By the way, Sean, there's a train show at the Boulder County Fairgrounds in Longmont next weekend.

Here's the Web site of the club that puts it on (though maybe you're already familiar with it): http://www.bouldermodelrailroadclub.org/

The BMRC has hosted an annual Train Show for the general public for the last 31 years. This year's Show will be held December 12-13, 2009 at the Boulder County Fairgrounds in Longmont, Colorado. The Show will feature several operating layouts, prizewinning models, a layout to be raffled off, many vendors and opportunities to meet and chat with railroad modelers of this area.
The Show will be open Saturday from 9:00 AM until 5:00 PM. It will be open Sunday from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Admission is $5.00 (children under 14 free).

Thanks for all the info Rob, I will have to see about going up there for it.

And thanks everyone else for the positive comments, I will post up some more pics as it goes further towards being finished well they are like our rigs they are never finished. :thunb:

Funrover
December 7th, 2009, 06:53 AM
So you are going to have the famous "Moffot Tunnel" somewhere right? LOL.. Hats off to you man that is an impressive project

1freaky1
December 7th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Thanks Funrover, it is definitely a different type model building than I did as a kid building model cars and airplanes. So much more involved.
from where it stands so far there are 5 tunnels might turn into 7 if I change my mind again, that is the whole challenge so far is making up my mind and sticking to it, LOL. I am surprised at how relaxing this whole thing is so far cause it really has helped me out with the insomnia.
Another thing I am liking more about this N Scale stuff compared to my Garden train is it is a ton less expensive.

KnuckleHead
December 7th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Looks sweet man... keep up the cool work...

Funrover
December 8th, 2009, 06:42 AM
Thanks Funrover, it is definitely a different type model building than I did as a kid building model cars and airplanes. So much more involved.
from where it stands so far there are 5 tunnels might turn into 7 if I change my mind again, that is the whole challenge so far is making up my mind and sticking to it, LOL. I am surprised at how relaxing this whole thing is so far cause it really has helped me out with the insomnia.
Another thing I am liking more about this N Scale stuff compared to my Garden train is it is a ton less expensive.

I am not sure if you have ever made it up to the neighborhoods of Winter Park but there is a guy up there that has a HUGE garden train set up. Complete with a full town and ski resort including lift. Really impressive set up I will look for my pics.. You know for inspiration! :thunb:

1freaky1
December 8th, 2009, 11:17 AM
That would be cool to see, as for my garden train you can see it is up on the wall in one of the pics. Since I don't like the cold too much it comes inside in the winter. Next summer planning on extending its layout by about 100 feet of track which should cost roughly $1600 not counting the bridges and buildings or electrical. Like I told Val the other morning each year I come up with a new hobby or project to do and it looks like these will be my ongoing projects.

Funrover
December 8th, 2009, 11:25 AM
That would be cool to see, as for my garden train you can see it is up on the wall in one of the pics. Since I don't like the cold too much it comes inside in the winter. Next summer planning on extending its layout by about 100 feet of track which should cost roughly $1600 not counting the bridges and buildings or electrical. Like I told Val the other morning each year I come up with a new hobby or project to do and it looks like these will be my ongoing projects.

:lol::lol: Funny how that happens