PDA

View Full Version : HillBilly Sledding

CR
December 6th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Went Hillbilly sledding with some co-workers after work on friday.
Next time I'm waiting for about 6 more inches of snow.. The frozen cow patties sort of hurt the cheecks.:D

ShutUpHippie
December 6th, 2009, 07:40 PM
Awesome! That is always a blast, but yes- decent ground cover is a must (much less painful)

cfr
December 6th, 2009, 08:10 PM
I used to know two (crazy) brothers from high school that did this behind a 1970s Monte Carlo. The the guy in the back was on an innertube.

It was a blast until the guy on the back slammed into a telephone pole and broke his leg. Ouch. Give me shivers just thinking about it again.

cfr
December 6th, 2009, 08:15 PM
Argh! Now I'm going to spend the next 2 hours watching sledding videos on youtube! Damn this internet.

Best sledding vid ever,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpCVrzVr97M

ShutUpHippie
December 6th, 2009, 08:42 PM
Nothin' like some good cereal varnish... :D

Funrover
December 7th, 2009, 06:41 AM
Heck yeah! That's the way to do it!

Brody
December 7th, 2009, 07:17 AM
It also works well with x country or alpine skis and a tow rope. You just have to be pretty damn good at either skiing or eating dirt and snow...We used to do this all the time driving into areas where we were going to cross country. As soon as we got off the main roads, on went the tow rope, a driver was designated, and away we went. It does get a little brisk over 30 mph..

BTW...there is always the possibility of breaking bones doing anything. Don't let that get in the way of having fun. I had a friend that went to the Himalayas for months. He climbed a bunch of peaks ranging in height from 18,000' to 25,000', then traveled around the world before getting back to Denver. The peaks were all hard and he lost two friends (whom I also knew) and almost lost his own life. He got back to town and the first day back, stepped off a curb and broke his ankle...

CR
December 7th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Skis would be fun. I think next time I'll also bring my snowboard.
I will bring the sled CORE!:D