PDA

View Full Version : C.O.R.E 12/12/09

Chris
December 12th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Great turnout, lots of fun, lots of mud. Thanks to Clyde for opening up for us! I'm not sure of the final count but probably in the range of 14. Good to see some new folks along with some old!

One casualty was Brian's rear DS which was destroyed far too early in the day. I was helping extract someone else and missed that so will leave it to someone else. Brian, please post so we know you made it home okay.

Everyone that tried the mud pits succeeded in getting thoroughly stuck. It was more like 4-6" of ice over the mud which we succeeded in breaking through. Off the top of my head those that got stuck includes Randy, Rob, CR, Asher & myself, nobody else was foolish enough to try.

Yes, you read that right - Big Randy got completely mired. :lol:

Racing around the track was 2WD fun. It was nice not having any rules! :D

I'll leave Rob's drama to CR who was the only witness and apparently is more aware of it all than Rob was himself. :eek:

Subacool brought his bug which was fun to watch, I think everyone got a kick out of it. :thunb:

Pics? Yeah, got some coming.

Chris
December 12th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Pics...

Chris
December 12th, 2009, 04:27 PM
More....

Chris
December 12th, 2009, 04:28 PM
And a few more...

brian pleasant
December 12th, 2009, 04:53 PM
madie it home safely but slow thought, many thanks to guys who help with my driveshaft, it was real early for any carnage! but it happens

Patrolman
December 12th, 2009, 05:02 PM
madie it home safely but slow thought, many thanks to guys who help with my driveshaft, it was real early for any carnage! but it happens

It just hasn't been your week or so, huh!?!

transplant87
December 12th, 2009, 05:04 PM
brian give me a text about ur DS and ill see wat i can do to get u a used 1 and we will talk price

RidgeRunner
December 12th, 2009, 05:05 PM
Looks like fun, too bad I missed it!

More pics plz!!

brian pleasant
December 12th, 2009, 05:19 PM
hello keith, yes your text number is in my gf purse somewehre..let me know about ds it really sucks but need to have it to drive with

transplant87
December 12th, 2009, 05:21 PM
:erm:
hello keith, yes your text number is in my gf purse somewehre..let me know about ds it really sucks but need to have it to drive with
ok well i have school m-f and only weekends off so tell me when and ill see wat i can do

brian pleasant
December 12th, 2009, 05:26 PM
yeah not exactly my week! fun fun fun then all suddenly halts! i hear ho ho some where so it should nt be bad week hopefully

cfr
December 12th, 2009, 05:26 PM

How did you destroy your driveshaft?

transplant87
December 12th, 2009, 05:27 PM
he hit a high spot with his drive shaft and i thing he gased it a little to much and twisted it

brian pleasant
December 12th, 2009, 05:28 PM
i dunno just drive up hill and all suddenly rock was right there, came out of no where, slid on it, i have several broken driveshafts before but this one was silent one

Patrolman
December 12th, 2009, 05:29 PM
If you still have the driveshaft ends, you can get the tube re-done. Any driveshaft shop can do it for you. They can make it stronger than original. My Scout had that done. Won't ever bend again!

transplant87
December 12th, 2009, 05:30 PM
If you still have the driveshaft ends, you can get the tube re-done. Any driveshaft shop can do it for you. They can make it stronger than original. My Scout had that done. Won't ever bend again!
it would be cheaper to get 1 from the junk yard

Rob
December 12th, 2009, 05:41 PM
I don't know what drama Chris could possibly be talking about. I went up the hill, over the hill and down the other side. Felt a bit tippy to the left on the other side, but I stayed right side up. I'm sure CR will make up some wild story about somersaults and wheels 10 feet off the ground. Don't believe a word of it.

Here are a few pics:

Fordguy77
December 12th, 2009, 05:45 PM
Hey all i just wanted to say thanks for the good time today, it was a blast. Hopefully i'll have one of my rigs up and running soon!!! thanks again to keith for letting me drive his rig.

Rob
December 12th, 2009, 05:48 PM
And some more pics:

brian pleasant
December 12th, 2009, 05:57 PM
yeah i will need used one for now so that way when i lifted it up i would need new ones later on..yup like what keith said twisted!!!! i have torn driveshaft before, one time i had 454 big block and i gassed it and the driveshaft flew thru my truck bed and left hole in it geexz that was funny..but over all it been fun day. i been tempting to do mud but with front two wheel drive dont think so

Rob
December 12th, 2009, 06:07 PM
And some videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-HWHgCoyQ4"]YouTube- Recovering CR.AVI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Sdp_JjbTkg"]YouTube- Ash in mud.AVI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CYyb6XeBjc"]YouTube- Chris uphill 2.AVI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVw9kIf51hg"]YouTube- Chris uphill 3.AVI

Tee Hee
December 12th, 2009, 06:09 PM
Thanks guys had a great time and it was nice to meet you all.

WINKY
December 12th, 2009, 06:15 PM
Glad to hear you made it home Brin, and it will be a easy fix!

What happened was when he went over the mound there was a rock in the middle that the drive shaft went right over and you can see the ds just pretzeled as it went over, thus why i t was quiet. Then the Diff hung up on the rock stopping him in his tracks.the ends are good, the tube ... not good. Maybe he can take a pic of it and stick it in the carnage section!

I had a blast, fun times as always, i like the place as there are many things to do, try out, test your skills on and get sideways, literally!

I gave Clyde a big thank you for having us there today and he welcomes us back he told me. During off season, he does want a minimum of 7 trucks to make it worthwhile for him to come on down and open up so keep this in mind.

I think Ash has EARNED his 4X4 wings and gained a HUGE bit of confidence in his new rigs capabilities! (i dont think he will stop smiling for a looong while).

His inaguration of his first run was to get stuck to the frame and be happy bout it :) LOL

We were going to go home once he did but we felt bad and pulled him out....

And yes i was the first to attempt the mud.... when everyone said it was the shallow pit i knew better but couldnt resist mud! That ice was literally 10 inches thick easy! It stopped me in my tracks instantly. Clyde pulled me out with ease (he has a diesel too) and we proceeded to get others stuck. CR was the only one to make it all the way through, with assistance of course. Chris dove right in on the deeper one and the ice stopped him real fast. I am surprised he didnt break something but all was well.

Once the sun came out and warmed everything up to about 50 things started to get interesting. The ground was slicker than snot and sliding was easy! Ever see a full size drift round corners? HAHAHAHAHAH

Smash
December 12th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Hey guys, we got home with no drama, drifted another nice semi the whole way home.

HUGE THANK YOU to everybody!

For those that don't know that was my first run in the 'burb, and really my first run in a 4x4!

I have reach a whole new level of consciousness....

Report, photos and video to come tomorrow.

Special thanks to Randy and Chris for the advice and guidance, Randy for getting me unstuck and Kubo for letting me drive his death trap (aka bug). Awesome day.

brian pleasant
December 12th, 2009, 06:21 PM
thanks winky, true i should take pics and put in carnage lol. it was silent killer for ds or i was sooooooo deaf today?????

Roostercruiser
December 12th, 2009, 06:23 PM
i had fun for the short time i was there. great meeting everybody:thunb:. i stuck it out till the end. i need to figure out how to post pics now the old way isnt working anymore:confused:

Rob
December 12th, 2009, 06:25 PM
Report, photos and video to come tomorrow.

Tomorrow?!?!!?!?!?!?

Chris
December 12th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Rob, where the video of Winky? Or was that a photo?

We all know Randy's signing skills, one finger doesn't count. :erm:

Rob
thanks winky, true i should take pics and put in carnage lol. it was silent killer for ds or i was sooooooo deaf today?????

:lol:
Brian, I got a good photo of Winky trying to "sign" today, but I don't think Chris will let me post it.

WINKY
Tomorrow?!?!!?!?!?!?

too much excitement, hes got to rest from the trauma!:lol:

Rob
December 12th, 2009, 06:27 PM

The one I just referenced as we posted at the same time? :thunb:

Rob
December 12th, 2009, 06:27 PM
too much excitement, hes got to rest from the trauma!:lol:

OK. I'll be understanding, this time.:thunb:

Chris
December 12th, 2009, 06:28 PM
Yeah, that would be it.

brian pleasant
which sign? american or profanity?

Rob

We all know Randy's signing skills, one finger doesn't count. :erm:

It was actually two fingers. Should I post it?

brian pleasant
December 12th, 2009, 06:30 PM
up to you bro! might be indian sign lol

WINKY
December 12th, 2009, 06:31 PM

WINKY
December 12th, 2009, 06:34 PM

Rob
December 12th, 2009, 06:35 PM

WINKY
December 12th, 2009, 06:36 PM
ahh yes the perverbial FACKYOO! this was after everyone laughed at me for diving in...i got a kick out of it :)

brian pleasant
December 12th, 2009, 06:37 PM
ah that one ..everyone knew the first sign when we all were born lol

Rob
December 12th, 2009, 06:38 PM
ahh yes the perverbial FACKYOO! this was after everyone laughed at me for diving in...i got a kick out of it :)

We weren't laughing at you. We were laughing with you. :thunb:

WINKY
December 12th, 2009, 06:39 PM
We weren't laughing at you. We were laughing with you. :thunb:

oh i know, and i was laughin at you all ....:P good times though!!!!!!!

Chris
December 12th, 2009, 06:57 PM
this was after everyone laughed at me for diving in.

We need the one of everyone laughing at with you. :lol:

transplant87
December 12th, 2009, 06:57 PM
randy lets go back, im like a junky i need a fix again hahahahahaha:lol::lol::thunb:

Clyde
December 12th, 2009, 07:25 PM
Glad everyone had fun, and with a minimum of carnage. You guys have a great group there, hope to see you back again real soon.

Still trying to guage intrest in tomorrow, if I can get at least 5 rigs, I am willing to go back out, so off to check the other forums and see if anyone is wanting to go out and play.

Smash
December 12th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Honestly I probably won't gt to the report until monday...

I spend all week on the computer and because of our conflicting schedules, very little time with karla. When you see me posting on the weekends, its usually from my phone. Rarely turn my computer on saturday and sunday, its "family time" for us.

We both had an incredible day! I do promise to get the report up monday for sure!

InsanityIsBorn
December 12th, 2009, 07:32 PM
it would be cheaper to get 1 from the junk yard

In the short term it would be, but having it rebuilt is not very expensive and they are built TOUGH. I had my rear rebuilt, its a long DS and it was maybe $80 but damn that thing is hefty.

I would highly recommend doing that.

InsanityIsBorn
December 12th, 2009, 07:38 PM
Damn looks like there is some gnarly mud there!

SubaCool
December 12th, 2009, 07:52 PM
I've had a great time today, despite the Bug not being 100%. We've beaten the sh!t out of it and it was still driving. Oh, and did I mention I haven't even burned through the 5 gallons of fuel I had in it? Crap, the more I drive it, the more I wanna keep it. Is that a bad thing? :D I'm glad everybody got a kick out of it, I kinda felt like being in a clown car with so many full size rigs :rolleyes:

Smash, thanks for letting me try out your Burb. It's ugly, it smells, and it's loud. It's perfect! I was getting a bit worried trying out the hill, sliding backwards in what felt like a house, but it did good. Good ol' fashioned power house, just mash it and it goes :thunb: I still like being lower though. I've had a few scary moments in the Bug, and some fun ones (I really like the simplicity of it - rock dents the floor pan? just pop it back out), but I definitely got my $20 worth. Thanks Clyde for coming out and letting us roam free :D

Brian, sorry I've left you waiting for Randy. Smash offered me to drive his burb so I finally took him up on it. Did you get to drive the Bug? Also sorry to hear about your truck. If you need any help, I've offered before and it still stands!

It was great to see everybody I've met on Ironclads, and also it was great to meet everybody I haven't. It's so much nicer to have some faces one can associate their nicknames with (or scary). I'm looking forward to going on another run with y'all soon again. This is a great group!

Also, can I please ask for the hi-res photos/vids of me from today (I didn't get any as I was having too much fun driving)? Me email is kubo.nater@gmail.com Thanks!

Funrover
December 12th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Looks like a great time. Glad you all had fun!

Rob
December 12th, 2009, 08:05 PM

Oh, THAT one.

Here ya go.

brian pleasant
December 12th, 2009, 09:41 PM
it is true that i need beefier driveshaft but i dont usually bring my truck to trails since jeep was in wrecked, the used driveshaft should be ok for now since i willl do solid axle swap then lift it up so i will need new ones. suba thaks for letting me to drive your bug but i need get back home as soon as posssible it took us hour and half to get home, maybe next time i can drive it wildly lol. this is a great group to wheel with of course everyone knows at least one sign lol

BlackRubi
December 12th, 2009, 09:51 PM
Really wish I could've made it out there. I had to teach a stupid class. Well, the class isn't stupid. Everyone can use a little hand-to-hand combat now and again. I just wish that I could have found a replacement instructor or that it was on a different day. Glad everyone had a great time. Brian, sorry to hear about the DS. Keep in mind my motto..."It'll buff out." :thunb:

SubaCool
December 12th, 2009, 10:39 PM
suba thaks for letting me to drive your bug... maybe next time i can drive it wildly
Maybe next time it will actually be more drivable, with a new tranny :cool: But I'm glad you've had fun!

KnuckleHead
December 13th, 2009, 12:49 AM
Looks like it was a blast....wish I could have been there. Hopefully next time I will be

Brody
December 13th, 2009, 05:01 AM
Thanks for all of the great pictures!

Englewood Driveshaft will re sleeve yours for $100. Mention Front Range or my name.

U Pull It on 64th and Pecos has driveshafts for $18...best price around. Plenty of Fords, too..

Mporter
December 13th, 2009, 06:49 AM
Looks like it was a fun time. I wish I didn't have to work yesterday

WINKY
December 13th, 2009, 07:59 AM

Nice!!! i didnt feel bad and feelings werent hurt, i just give crap back :p:lol:

Oh, THAT one.

Here ya go.

Nice pic of everyone, what are they laughing at?

Maybe next time it will actually be more drivable, with a new tranny :cool: But I'm glad you've had fun!

I had no problem finding first,second,third,fourth.... And it was a clown car compared to my size, the dang steering wheel was right in my chest almost and i had to drive with my arm out the window... lol:cool:

transplant87
December 13th, 2009, 08:02 AM
im ready to go back and do that all over again, and maybe laugh at randy this time

WINKY
December 13th, 2009, 08:10 AM
im ready to go back and do that all over again, and maybe laugh at randy this time

ill throw a packed snowball at your jewels this time too...HAHAHAHA:lol:

transplant87
December 13th, 2009, 08:16 AM
ill throw a packed snowball at your jewels this time too...HAHAHAHA:lol:
i didnt mean too:p:lol::lol:

WINKY
December 13th, 2009, 08:29 AM
i didnt mean too:p:lol::lol:

oh i know, it was good aim though, luckily i dont need them.....

transplant87
December 13th, 2009, 08:33 AM
oh i know, it was good aim though, luckily i dont need them.....
i might have a cousin that might help u with that:lol:

WINKY
December 13th, 2009, 08:35 AM
well i am a single man.:thunb:

Chris
December 13th, 2009, 08:44 AM
Brian, check out the Pull N Saves like Pete said. Today should be a good day to hit them and get it on your truck on the cheap. No damage to the diff?

WINKY
December 13th, 2009, 08:47 AM
Forgot to mention Keith is helping him out with getting a used DS and installing it. There wasnt any damage to the diff, there may have been a bit of weight on the pinion flange but i didnt feel anything lose on it when we took the ds off.

transplant87
December 13th, 2009, 08:48 AM
i just sent brian a text

Chris
December 13th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Yeah but I thought Keith said he couldn't help until next weekend. With the Jeep crash and now this that's a long time...

WINKY
December 13th, 2009, 09:42 AM
oh i didnt read that....:erm:

Chris
December 13th, 2009, 09:45 AM
:erm:
ok well i have school m-f and only weekends off so tell me when and ill see wat i can do

Here's the post Randy. Is it next weekend you're planning on Keith?

transplant87
December 13th, 2009, 09:56 AM
i talked to brian and im doing it today. i just need to get there, and to the junk yard

Smash
December 13th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Dang, we're already committed to a graduation party and going to see a friend in the Springs or we'd come help!

Chris
December 13th, 2009, 10:00 AM
i talked to brian and im doing it today. i just need to get there, and to the junk yard

Great to hear Keith! :clap: :clap: :clap:

sunk
December 13th, 2009, 10:18 AM
sounds like everyone had fun, wish I could have made it. I would like to get some of that mud action. Those videos of Chris getting some air are awesome!

brian pleasant
December 13th, 2009, 11:01 AM
keith is coming over here at my house, real nice! i dont find anyone like that in florida, selfish state! lol makes me wanna to live out my life here in colorado!

InsanityIsBorn
December 13th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Thanks for all of the great pictures!

Englewood Driveshaft will re sleeve yours for $100. Mention Front Range or my name.

U Pull It on 64th and Pecos has driveshafts for $18...best price around. Plenty of Fords, too..

I went to Englewood Driveshaft and had it done for $85!!

Chris
December 13th, 2009, 12:09 PM
Shhh, don't tell Pete!

Mention his name and they'll do it for $100. :lol:

Just kidding Pete. ;)

WINKY
December 13th, 2009, 12:10 PM
keith is coming over here at my house, real nice! i dont find anyone like that in florida, selfish state! lol makes me wanna to live out my life here in colorado!

why i left... that state can go under water for all i care...:mad:

brian pleasant
December 13th, 2009, 01:32 PM
exactly i dont want to go back lol..i hope keith find some ds i had a new u joint right before i left from florida and i had hard time finding u joint for it went to all over then decided go to napa and took hours to find one, i hope keith dont have hard time to find it looks like rare ds but it is just ds, should have made them all similar lol

Roostercruiser
December 13th, 2009, 01:48 PM
here is some pics

Chris
December 13th, 2009, 01:50 PM
YouTube- Chris uphill 3.AVI (\"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVw9kIf51hg\")

Back on topic, thanks for the videos Rob. Barb really liked this one. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVw9kIf51hg

Roostercruiser
December 13th, 2009, 01:51 PM
couple of more

Roostercruiser
December 13th, 2009, 01:53 PM

YouTube- Chris uphill 3.AVI (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVw9kIf51hg)

big difference in traction from when i got there. nice air:thunb:

CR
December 13th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Sorry for the delay.
We had a christmas paty to go to as soon as we got home.
Great Day!!!
Nobody saw Rob's close encounter like I did. We were approaching the hill from the back side, and all I see is this beautiful FJC with the passenger rear tire off the ground headed down a drop off. Then all of a sudden all four back on the ground. All I can say is that this driver must have serious skill or serious luck.
Definatley too early for the drive shaft issues, but it happens.
The mud pits were fun. Very sticky.
All in all, We had a great day.
Also great to meet everyone and put some faces to names.
Big thanks to Clyde for opening for us.
This is a great group.
Pics coming soon.

Brody
December 13th, 2009, 02:14 PM
why i left... that state can go under water for all i care...:mad:

X2 every hurricane that comes along, I am always hoping that Florida kinda just goes away when the water recedes...I lived down there 18 years. Only thing down there that is any good is the diversity of wildlife...and that is getting jacked..Not too many people would miss it too much..

transplant87
December 13th, 2009, 03:22 PM
well i went looking for a drive shaft but no luck. went to the junk yard on pacos and could not find it so we went to the others around there with no luck so we r going to get 1 from the junk yard up the street from me and put it in in the morning

CR
December 13th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Fun times

brian pleasant
December 13th, 2009, 04:03 PM
it is no problem, it is matter of finding it.

WINKY
December 13th, 2009, 04:10 PM
man, we got there it was all white.... then it was all brown mud when we left.... fun!

transplant87
December 13th, 2009, 04:13 PM
Got to love that mud

CR
December 13th, 2009, 04:46 PM
More fun

CR
December 13th, 2009, 04:49 PM
And more

CR
December 13th, 2009, 04:54 PM
That mud was sure fun... Just hard to wash off. I think I spent 12 dollars in quarters at the car wash and still need to wash it again.:D

CR
December 13th, 2009, 04:57 PM
A few more.
Can't wait til next time!:thunb:

Brody
December 13th, 2009, 05:13 PM
That mud was sure fun... Just hard to wash off. I think I spent 12 dollars in quarters at the car wash and still need to wash it again.:D

Doesn't work too well in the winter when stuff is frozen, but a really good trick in the warmer months is to get a spray type sprinkler and stick it under your rig for a bit. Let the water soak everything down really well and move the sprinkler around to where it gets everything really wet, then take it to a car wash. Most of the mud will come off at a fraction of the cost..

Rob
December 13th, 2009, 05:24 PM
Nobody saw Rob's close encounter like I did. We were approaching the hill from the back side, and all I see is this beautiful FJC with the passenger rear tire off the ground headed down a drop off. Then all of a sudden all four back on the ground. All I can say is that this driver must have serious skill or serious luck.

I'm gonna say it was all luck. I didn't have time to apply any skill. I just reacted.

Back on topic, thanks for the videos Rob. Barb really liked this one.

Glad she liked it. Wish I had more.

I was still there when you left, CR. I had to swipe the credit card a second time, so I probably spent about $15. And I went back today to get some of the hidden mud off I discovered when I switched tires. That was some serious mud.

Chris
December 13th, 2009, 06:45 PM
I'm with you guys on that, I used a debit card and stopped just past $15. I got 95% of the mud off which leaves about 20lbs still on. My sympathies to the car after me. :lol:

I think CR's pic of Ash on his roof is avatar material. ;)

Spudco
December 13th, 2009, 06:47 PM
Hi all,

Sorry for the late post here, but my son and I had a blast yesterday at CORE too. :D (We had a hockey game last night and then helped a friend work on his new ('97) F350 to get it ready for 'wheelin all day today)

We had a blast at CORE. I wish we could have stayed to enjoy the mud!

It was great to meet all of you. Thanks for such a warm welcome!

Yesterday was a shakedown run for the new 4Runner. It was both impressive and disappointing. It was impressive for where it could go and how all the electronics made it get traction. It got traction even when I didn't want it too! It will work really well for my wife when she travels in snow. I'll stick with old school steel. I'm on the lookout for a new project.

I'll watch the boards for another CORE trip and take the 2wd 69 F250 out!

Spudco

Chris
December 13th, 2009, 06:48 PM
big difference in traction from when i got there. nice air:thunb:

Thanks Roland but I'm probably the guy that turned the area before the hill into slick mud that prevented you from getting any traction at all. I made numerous runs at it before making it for that shot.

Rob
December 13th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Yesterday was a shakedown run for the new 4Runner. It was both impressive and disappointing. It was impressive for where it could go and how all the electronics made it get traction. It got traction even when I didn't want it too! It will work really well for my wife when she travels in snow. I'll stick with old school steel. I'm on the lookout for a new project.

So what was disappointing? You should be able to deselect traction control, if it's anything like my FJC. When I lock the center diff (it's full-time 4wd, or essentially all-wheel drive till I lock the center diff or go into low four), the on-road stability control shut down. Then I can select ATRAC if I'm in a situation that warrants it. I don't use it often, or the rear locker, so it's mostly straight four-wheeling, but the gadgets come in handy in some situation.

What kind of project are you looking for?

ShutUpHippie
December 13th, 2009, 08:00 PM
Wow! Just two a day and a half and I already had to read 99 posts!! Great day, I had a great time raising hell EVERYWHERE we could... that would explain why I am not in many pictures I guess. The only pictures I took were really of my truck, and one of Keith's, spent too much time (if that's possible) out driving around and exploring.

Keith, thanks for pulling me out- I'm sure it felt good to pull a Chevy out with a Ford right? :lol:

I would most certainly be in next time we go, I would love to bring out the quad and maybe a dirtbike or two, the tracks for those looked really awesome too. Clyde, thanks again for the opening, and thanks to everyone who picked up my slack as the "planner", as I missed a few points (like the fact that CORE wasn't really open... :erm:)

Regardless of that though, great time had by all, it was great to see everyone and I had a BLAST! TeeHee and Icehouse, sweet rigs by the way :smokin:

- Rob

Chris
December 13th, 2009, 08:05 PM

Hmm, did it worked too well? I've heard a few Land Cruiser owners express disappointment with their trucks because they were too well engineered and removed the driver from the challenge of an obstacle. Point & shoot wouldn't be what I'd like.

ShutUpHippie
December 13th, 2009, 08:09 PM
Hey Chris, did that picture of the muddy hill climb with my tires in the air come out? That hill had a foot of vertical on it!! It was a trip. :D And it was really fun watching your attempts at it before getting up too.

Rob
December 13th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Hmm, did it worked too well? I've heard a few Land Cruiser owners express disappointment with their trucks because they were too well engineered and removed the driver from the challenge of an obstacle. Point & shoot wouldn't be what I'd like.

You've seen me wheel in the FJC, which has lots of bells and whistles and is well-engineered. And I sure as heck can't point and shoot! Remember Bill Moore Lake? Sometimes I can't even point very well. :lol:

I have to say, though, I enjoy wheeling the FJC and the FJ40. Both are capable and both are fun to wheel. It was interesting to take the 40 on MSV and Coney after running those trails a few times in the Cruiser, just to see how they compared. The trail was actually a bit easier in the 40, mainly because of the shorter wheelbase. And also maybe because I'm not as concerned about body damage. :thunb:

ShutUpHippie
December 13th, 2009, 08:16 PM
The trail was actually a bit easier in the 40, mainly because of the shorter wheelbase. And also maybe because I'm not as concerned about body damage. :thunb:
I bet the 40 would have went over though at the top of that hill, good thing you were in the FJC!

Rob
December 13th, 2009, 08:19 PM
I bet the 40 would have went over though at the top of that hill, good thing you were in the FJC!

I think you're right. But I would have been less bothered about rolling the 40. :eek: Plus, I'm not sure I would have tried the big hill in the 40.

Chris
December 13th, 2009, 08:30 PM
Hey Chris, did that picture of the muddy hill climb with my tires in the air come out? That hill had a foot of vertical on it!! It was a trip. :D And it was really fun watching your attempts at it before getting up too.

Sorry Rob but I missed the shot. :(

You'll have to do a dozen times next time to ensure one good shot. I did that spot lots of times and was happy to see Old Rob caught it.

Old Rob :lol:

Rob
December 13th, 2009, 08:41 PM
Sorry Rob but I missed the shot. :(

You'll have to do a dozen times next time to ensure one good shot. I did that spot lots of times and was happy to see Old Rob caught it.

Old Rob :lol:

I guess that's better than Ugly Rob or Asshat Rob. Or Old Yeller. ;)

ShutUpHippie
December 13th, 2009, 08:44 PM
Oh well, there will be plenty of other opportunities!

WINKY
December 13th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Im leaving the mud on for aesthetics!

It will all fall off on its own in due time.

Roostercruiser
December 13th, 2009, 11:09 PM
still found more mud in my sons carseat and hair (per winky) hahahshaa ....good times. my truck left a big brown outline on my parking spot were the mud fell off.

Smash
December 13th, 2009, 11:31 PM
I shudder to think how much I'll be spending at the car wash....

I also have a MASSIVE dirt pit in front of my garage from parking Rhino there overnight. My neighbor was very confused when she saw Karla's old beater 4 door white prism parked in the mud (she didn't see the burb there). LOL.

Smash
December 13th, 2009, 11:34 PM
Oh man and you should see the inside. Didn't help AT ALL that I couldn't get my windows up when in the mud pit!! Hahaha whoops! Its on the list to fix....

SubaCool
December 14th, 2009, 01:46 AM
Oh man and you should see the inside. Didn't help AT ALL that I couldn't get my windows up when in the mud pit!! Hahaha whoops! Its on the list to fix....
WE WANT PICTURES AND VIDS FROM YOU!!! Slacker :p

Funrover
December 14th, 2009, 06:25 AM
More great pics!

Mporter
December 14th, 2009, 06:27 AM
Im leaving the mud on for aesthetics!

It will all fall off on its own in due time.

Well if you follow suit with the subi commercials "it's a badge of honor....and who are you to take it away?"

ShutUpHippie
December 14th, 2009, 06:43 AM
"it's a badge of honor....and who are you to take it away?"
+1 :thunb:

Smash
December 14th, 2009, 07:43 AM
Pic and vids to come later today I promise.

Funrover
December 14th, 2009, 07:44 AM
Pic and vids to come later today I promise.

:rolleyes: Heard this before

Smash
December 14th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Got about 100 photos to go through and edit...

How do 19 videos sound to get us started??

Subacool's buggy, which seemed to make a TON of noise without really going anywhere. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqDEvdym7fk

Karla hopped inside with the video camera!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kglwSmFzkQ8

Subacool attempting one of the hills. With the bald tires and everything, it took a few tries!

Take one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svzAXI5oEn4

Let's play follow the leader:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ_bdYv5uUI

There we go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_Tgit2QL34

Smash
December 14th, 2009, 08:23 AM
Parade of rigs going through the shallow mud pit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB8uuXgeb20

Winky's attempt at the middle one!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnIVM0Ld3rE

cr and I decided to hang to the side a bit the first time through. Piece of cake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyCh9nPnn_E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNF8bGCiHcw

Then we both got good and stuck. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRYymRc2T8o

Sorry for the face full of mud!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w905wY3_oBA

Ooo yes, this way is much better... After we tweaked cr's bumper a bit. Whoops!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI0mCKHTBwo

Smash
December 14th, 2009, 08:34 AM
My turn!!

Can you hear Winky say, "ok lets go home!" :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VERqoZ25yM

Thanks Winky for not leaving! Would've been nice if I could've gotten those windows up sooner. Lol. Please note Karla's incredible redneck "that's a big 'ol pit" at the end. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4KDA1rckfg

Subacool gives Rhino a try:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qHv3sTpR-k

It had gotten pretty slick! Roland's street tires didn't help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddJEsZatxqE

Towards the end of the day we went out for a drive with our friend John. Was nice to see him having such a good time in the slick stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oTMtCQCsAA

Karla took the wheel for most of this drive, she loves getting sideways! Although she did take it easy on the 'burb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJRxdL0h0UY

Uh... Who turned my girlfriend into a banshee?? *shudder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_R5DkaOZzA

brian pleasant
December 14th, 2009, 08:51 AM
nice video smash!

brian pleasant
December 14th, 2009, 08:51 AM
chris, looks like i am sending you some pics again lol..to put it on the forum

WINKY
December 14th, 2009, 08:56 AM
Ash,

nice vids man, do you not remember me asking to roll yer windows up before you went in to get stuck..? you said. no........... HAHAHAhAHAHAHAA

I also pulled you with my ebrake on.

Funrover
December 14th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Who pulled WINKY out? That Dodge was at Toys for Tots! I like it!

Smash
December 14th, 2009, 09:10 AM
Ash,

nice vids man, do you not remember me asking to roll yer windows up before you went in to get stuck..? you said. no........... HAHAHAhAHAHAHAA

:lol::lol::lol: :thunb:

I also pulled you with my ebrake on.

Who pulled WINKY out? That Dodge was at Toys for Tots! I like it!

That was Clyde! Nice truck.

WINKY
December 14th, 2009, 09:13 AM
yeah he has a 12v 6bt in it.

Chris
December 14th, 2009, 09:52 AM
chris, looks like i am sending you some pics again lol..to put it on the forum

Here they are Brian!

Chris
December 14th, 2009, 09:53 AM
More:

SubaCool
December 14th, 2009, 09:53 AM
Now that's what I'm talking about Ash :thunb: How come you only took videos of me failing on everything though? Where are the ones I did good? :o (you know I want copies, right?) Yeah, the bald tires and shotty tranny made for a terrible combo. But it sure was fun to see everybody smiling (or laughing) at it :D Now pics, I wanna see pics!

Smash
December 14th, 2009, 09:56 AM
Hahaha, I got a video of you not failing!! Just got a few videos before that too. That thing was a freakin hoot, and a death trap. Both reasons had Karla grinning ear to ear and me trying not to worry. She gets completely insane piloting small, fast, uncontrollable vehicles...

Photos are coming... I have work to do too.

SubaCool
December 14th, 2009, 10:08 AM
I have work to do too.
What's that? :p

brian pleasant
December 14th, 2009, 10:25 AM
chris thanks! i need to learn how to put pics in it and also i did video with my blackberry but need to get thru something to make it in this forum...feeling old already, need to have another child to keep up with the pace lol

CR
December 14th, 2009, 11:03 AM
Great vids Smash.
I think you have me and cfr confused though.:D

Smash
December 14th, 2009, 11:21 AM
oh *** sorry about that!! I'm really bad with names.

Smash
December 14th, 2009, 01:29 PM
Alrighty guys, you ready?

Just gonna post up the best of the lot. Not putting 100 photos up here! The full slide show is almost done uploading. Will link to it shortly.

On the way out:

http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/coloradosmash81/CORE%20offroad%20park/IMG_3484.jpg

Check out this awesome shot! John rocking his 4 door long bed dodge heavy duty diesel.

http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/coloradosmash81/CORE%20offroad%20park/IMG_3490.jpg

Problem was that's as far as he got! Got his hitch stuck on a rock when his tires lost grip and he slid back down.

http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/coloradosmash81/CORE%20offroad%20park/IMG_3493.jpg

http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/coloradosmash81/CORE%20offroad%20park/IMG_3492.jpg

http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/coloradosmash81/CORE%20offroad%20park/IMG_3509.jpg

http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/coloradosmash81/CORE%20offroad%20park/IMG_3513.jpg

Smash
December 14th, 2009, 01:41 PM
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/coloradosmash81/CORE%20offroad%20park/IMG_3518.jpg

http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/coloradosmash81/CORE%20offroad%20park/IMG_3514.jpg

http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/coloradosmash81/CORE%20offroad%20park/IMG_3519.jpg

http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/coloradosmash81/CORE%20offroad%20park/IMG_3522.jpg

http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/coloradosmash81/CORE%20offroad%20park/IMG_3524.jpg

http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/coloradosmash81/CORE%20offroad%20park/IMG_3527.jpg

Smash
December 14th, 2009, 01:41 PM
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/coloradosmash81/CORE%20offroad%20park/IMG_3558.jpg

http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/coloradosmash81/CORE%20offroad%20park/IMG_3560.jpg

http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/coloradosmash81/CORE%20offroad%20park/IMG_3564.jpg

http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/coloradosmash81/CORE%20offroad%20park/IMG_3571.jpg

http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/coloradosmash81/CORE%20offroad%20park/IMG_3573.jpg

http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/coloradosmash81/CORE%20offroad%20park/IMG_3580.jpg

Smash
December 14th, 2009, 01:42 PM
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/coloradosmash81/CORE%20offroad%20park/IMG_3585.jpg

http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/coloradosmash81/CORE%20offroad%20park/IMG_3595.jpg

You'll find the full slideshow here: http://rides.webshots.com/slideshow/575918486nvGmEl

Smash
December 14th, 2009, 02:16 PM
Whoops. Meant to post this one too.

http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/coloradosmash81/CORE%20offroad%20park/IMG_3577.jpg

SubaCool
December 14th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Now that's what I'm talking about!
http://inlinethumb59.webshots.com/31546/2452827560105528460S500x500Q85.jpg

Tommy Boy style - Big guy in a little coat... er, car! :lol:
http://inlinethumb11.webshots.com/40138/2043150440105528460S500x500Q85.jpg
Nice pics Ash!

Smash
December 14th, 2009, 03:11 PM
Hehe, that was the tire that tented your floor pan right? That had Karla in stitches when you told her to kick it back in. :lol:

Fordguy77
December 14th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Nice pics ash, shows most the areas where everyone spent the most time.

porkchop
December 14th, 2009, 05:08 PM
looks like fun times guys im gonna have to make a trip out there next time maybe.

mud is like a hot chick with an std you know the results will be bad but you just have to hit it lol:lol:

WINKY
December 14th, 2009, 05:18 PM
good analogy!

Spudco
December 14th, 2009, 05:39 PM
So what was disappointing? You should be able to deselect traction control, if it's anything like my FJC. When I lock the center diff (it's full-time 4wd, or essentially all-wheel drive till I lock the center diff or go into low four), the on-road stability control shut down. Then I can select ATRAC if I'm in a situation that warrants it. I don't use it often, or the rear locker, so it's mostly straight four-wheeling, but the gadgets come in handy in some situation.

What kind of project are you looking for?

DrUnit,

The inability to go sideways was disappointing. My system is the same as you describe. I have VSC and traction control and a center diff. They all work marvelously! If I want to go up steep icy, off camber snow trails, I just put it in 4L and lock the center diff and up I go. I keep the rpms at about 2k and it climbs with no problem.

The frustration comes in when I want to get it sideways or my son wants to practice getting the back end loose and how to correct when it does. In 2wd the traction kills the power and uses ABS to stop wheel spin. No fun there. In 4wd, the VSC "corrects" any slides too. If I lock the center diff, thereby turning off the VSC, I now have 4wd with a locked center diff and I get so much traction that it's work to get any slides going. I need to put bald tires on it!

Anyway, I had a blast and look forward to going to CORE with you all again.:lol:

Spudco

Smash
December 14th, 2009, 05:41 PM
DrUnit,

The inability to go sideways was disappointing. My system is the same as you describe. I have VSC and traction control and a center diff. They all work marvelously! If I want to go up steep icy, off camber snow trails, I just put it in 4L and lock the center diff and up I go. I keep the rpms at about 2k and it climbs with no problem.

The frustration comes in when I want to get it sideways or my son wants to practice getting the back end loose and how to correct when it does. In 2wd the traction kills the power and uses ABS to stop wheel spin. No fun there. In 4wd, the VSC "corrects" any slides too. If I lock the center diff, thereby turning off the VSC, I now have 4wd with a locked center diff and I get so much traction that it's work to get any slides going. I need to put bald tires on it!

Anyway, I had a blast and look forward to going to CORE with you all again.:lol:

Spudco

You guys should have hopped in the 'burb! He would learn fast with that big butt going sideways in 2WD!

WINKY
December 14th, 2009, 05:49 PM
fun aint it? i do it all the time in my truck YAAAAY!!!!!

drifting 4 tons of fun is fun!

Fordguy77
December 14th, 2009, 05:59 PM
fun aint it? i do it all the time in my truck YAAAAY!!!!!

drifting 4 tons of fun is fun!

The more weight the more fun!!! or destruction whichever comes first lol

WINKY
December 14th, 2009, 06:03 PM
HAHAHAHAHA i hope not the latter...

Fordguy77
December 14th, 2009, 06:07 PM
I never really worried about the latter till my :princess: drove my 70 f100 in the snow. Drivers side hasn't been the same since.

transplant87
December 14th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Keith, thanks for pulling me out- I'm sure it felt good to pull a Chevy out with a Ford right? :lol:
i pull out alot of chevys, it just gets sad after awhile:lol::lol::lol:not

Clyde
December 14th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Funny, that old dodge of mine has pulled out a little of everything:D

ShutUpHippie
December 14th, 2009, 06:43 PM
Hey Ash! That was my posing rock!!

WINKY
December 14th, 2009, 07:04 PM
we didnt see your name on it...HAHAHAHAHA

ShutUpHippie
December 14th, 2009, 09:13 PM
you didn't look hard enough.... it was on the underside ;)

WINKY
December 14th, 2009, 09:13 PM
right next to gods name right....HAHAHAHAHAHAA

SubaCool
December 14th, 2009, 10:13 PM
You should put a toggle switch on it to disable the ABS/VSC or whatever it is that prevents you from having fun. There's gotta be a way to cheat it (you could just pull the fuse, but a switch would be easier on the fly). It's an idea :rolleyes:

Hehe, that was the tire that tented your floor pan right? That had Karla in stitches when you told her to kick it back in.
Yeah, that spot. It was either a tire or a rock, but either way, simplicity at it's best - just popped it out :D

Brody
December 15th, 2009, 05:48 AM
i pull out alot of chevys, it just gets sad after awhile:lol::lol::lol:not

After awhile it becomes just one 4x4 pulling out another one. I have been pulled out by almost everything at one time or another and have pulled out almost everything (including a 30 ton logging truck and a 60' cherry picker) with one rig or another. The kind of vehicle doesn't seem to make too much of a difference as it seems that you can get one stuck as easily as another.

I wish I had a picture of the Sammi pulling my Yota out with Randy's Dodge acting as an anchor point. That was a good one...

WINKY
December 15th, 2009, 07:16 AM
I wish I had a picture of the Sammi pulling my Yota out with Randy's Dodge acting as an anchor point. That was a good one...

that snow sure did pack down to ice, and i was just slippin and slidin..!

Mporter
December 15th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Nice pics ash

96blkbeauty
December 15th, 2009, 01:39 PM
Looks like a great time. Wish I coulda made it. Maybe next time.

Aaron
December 16th, 2009, 05:13 PM

YouTube- Chris uphill 3.AVI (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVw9kIf51hg)

That was cool! and a bit crazy...

SubaCool
December 16th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Parade of rigs going through the shallow mud pit:

YouTube- Parade of rigs! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB8uuXgeb20)
Did anybody get some video/pics of me going through the deep ruts? I could swear I've seen some lenses pointed at me :o

Chris
December 16th, 2009, 10:58 PM
That was cool! and a bit crazy...

and a lot of fun. ;)

brian pleasant
December 17th, 2009, 10:49 AM
subacool, i did some video on some rigs and yours i think, i need to get my video from blackberry to computer i cant find adapter that connects from blackberry to pc..still looking for it, has been mess since bringing from florida

SubaCool
December 17th, 2009, 01:06 PM
subacool, i did some video on some rigs and yours i think, i need to get my video from blackberry to computer i cant find adapter that connects from blackberry to pc..still looking for it, has been mess since bringing from florida
I thought I've seen you with your phone :) Whenever you get to it, it's no biggie. I know you've had a rough welcome to Colorado ;) Does your Blackberry take a memory card (SD, micro SD, etc)?

Smash
December 17th, 2009, 01:24 PM
$20 as the car wash later I have one thing to say....

How did I get mud clods there???

Funrover
December 17th, 2009, 02:55 PM
$20 as the car wash later I have one thing to say....

How did I get mud clods there???

:lol: Welcome to mud and wheeling.

brian pleasant
December 17th, 2009, 03:13 PM
yeah i think it does, i been using sidekick from t mobile for years and didnt like it and bought blackberry from verizon and loved it so it is all new to me lol i will figure it out