PDA

View Full Version : Land Rover Guy from the Springs

RoverRage
December 19th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Hi to all.
My name is Dan and I have a 1993 Land Rover Range Rover Classic LWB (Long wheel base).
The air suspension was replaced with a coil spring 1.5" Old Man Emu lift; ARB front and rear bumpers; Diff guards, front and rear. Right now it is riding on 265/75/16 Yokohama Geolander ATSs.
Everything mentioned above was done by the previous owner.
I have had it for a little over a month and a half, so I am still in the process of figuring out what else the previous owner may have done to it.
The seats were in bad shape, so I took all of them out, cleaned and conditioned them and then re-dyed them.
It's my daily driver also, so I am concentrating on getting it as dependable as I can.
Plans in the future will be to get a little more aggressive tires on it; get some rock/tree sliders and maybe upgrade the gearing.
I'm really looking forward to exploring the trails around here.
I'm a former dirtbike guy, so I don't have much experience with four wheel off-roading except with HMMWVs in the Army.
Also included is a picture of my former rig, an 81 Jeep J10, with my other passion leaning against it at Falcon Trail on the Air Force Academy. I passed on the Jeep to my son to continue with.
I wanted a 4X4 with a little more creature comfort.:lol:

CR
December 19th, 2009, 03:50 PM
Welcome! Hope to see you on the trails soon.

Mporter
December 19th, 2009, 04:21 PM
welcome

JeffX
December 19th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Welcome! I'm in the Springs, too. There are lots of good trails around here.

BlackRubi
December 19th, 2009, 04:40 PM
Sweet! Another Army guy! Welcome to the group!

RoverRage
December 19th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Sweet! Another Army guy! Welcome to the group!

Another Army guy at an Air Force Base. I'm at Peterson.

BlackRubi
December 19th, 2009, 05:50 PM
I'm at Buckley AFB!

Rob
December 19th, 2009, 05:53 PM
:welcome:

Is your son going to join us, too?

RoverRage
December 19th, 2009, 05:54 PM
I'm at Buckley AFB!

I noticed that. I like the Air Force perks, but being in the Army.:thunb:

RoverRage
December 19th, 2009, 05:56 PM
:welcome:

Is your son going to join us, too?

I'm going to invite him to. From what I've seen so far this is a great group.

Jamie
December 19th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Welcome!

Wait until Aaron see's this, he will be all over it like a fat kid on cake!:furover:

Funrover's a great guy, and can help you get this rig where you want it! And some places you may not want it.LOL

KnuckleHead
December 19th, 2009, 06:52 PM
Welcome aboard..... nice looking rig you have there...

Fordguy77
December 19th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Welcome. Nice looking rig you have got

brian pleasant
December 19th, 2009, 09:10 PM
welcome to front range 4x4, there are few of rover fans here

greenramp
December 19th, 2009, 09:21 PM
Welcome to the Board, Nice RRC, looks familiar

Funrover
December 20th, 2009, 12:50 AM
Welcome man! Glad you made it over here!

Funrover
December 20th, 2009, 12:51 AM
Welcome!

Wait until Aaron see's this, he will be all over it like a fat kid on cake!:furover:

Funrover's a great guy, and can help you get this rig where you want it! And some places you may not want it.LOL

LMAO!!! Yeah I like his rig!

Brody
December 20th, 2009, 07:00 AM
Welcome to the forum! Nice looking Rover and the PO did a decent job making it more trail worthy!

Sean (1freaky1) and I can do sliders for you when you get in the market for them. You will also find a bunch of folks who like to mountain bike on the site, including Aaron.

RoverRage
December 20th, 2009, 12:46 PM
Welcome to the Board, Nice RRC, looks familiar
If it helps, I bought it off of Jeff Corwin, owner of JC's Rover and 4X4 through the Solihull Society forum. Great guy!

Funrover's a great guy, and can help you get this rig where you want it! And some places you may not want it.LOLActually it was Aaron (over on the Land Rover Repair Forum) that steered me to this site. I was just hanging around waiting until the membership opened up again. Great site:thunb:
Thanks to all for making me feel really welcome.

RoverRage
December 20th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Welcome to the forum! Nice looking Rover and the PO did a decent job making it more trail worthy!

Sean (1freaky1) and I can do sliders for you when you get in the market for them. You will also find a bunch of folks who like to mountain bike on the site, including Aaron.

Thanks, I will definitely keep that in mind.

Chris
December 20th, 2009, 12:50 PM
I was just hanging around waiting until the membership opened up again.

Sorry to hijack this but I want to mention that since opening registration I've had a about 50 new people sign on. All from out of the US so have changed the registration process again. We are open so please feel free to invite friends.

Funrover
December 20th, 2009, 01:23 PM
I didn't realize that was JC's LWB. Thought it looked familiar.

RoverRage
December 20th, 2009, 02:17 PM
I didn't realize that was JC's LWB. Thought it looked familiar.

Yup. I had my eye on it for quite awhile. It's a great solid rig. I hope to improve on it.

RoverRage
December 20th, 2009, 09:44 PM
Sounds good. I saw the pictures of you guys at Palmer Park. That's a fun place to ride.

greenramp
December 21st, 2009, 07:13 AM
Now I do know the rig. Your welcome BTW for the air conditioning compressor. Seems like every Rover I come accross has a part in it from my garage. Kinda makes me feel good though.

Funrover
December 21st, 2009, 07:35 AM
Now I do know the rig. Your welcome BTW for the air conditioning compressor. Seems like every Rover I come accross has a part in it from my garage. Kinda makes me feel good though.

HAHAHAHAHA!! add me, my rear diff is from your garage now!

RoverRage
December 21st, 2009, 09:29 AM

Thank you.:thunb: It will be greatly appreciated this summer.

Fordguy77
December 21st, 2009, 04:55 PM
Long wheel base? hell thats a short one compared to what i am used to riding around in

RoverRage
December 21st, 2009, 05:24 PM
Long wheel base? hell thats a short one compared to what i am used to riding around in

Compared to the SWB version, this one has about 8 more inches of leg room in the back. Limo in comparison.:D

Fordguy77
December 21st, 2009, 05:27 PM
Thats comparable lol beats my 133" inch thou haha

RoverRage
December 21st, 2009, 10:27 PM
100" as apposed to 108" in the LWB if my memory serves me right.

Smash
December 21st, 2009, 11:14 PM
Sweet another Rover guy! I grew up driving Rovers. While I don't have one right now, I would love to have one in the future. Welcome!!

JeffX
December 22nd, 2009, 06:40 AM
That's crazy! I had no idea there was more than one WB. Now that I look closer, it's obvious.

http://www.whitescarver.com/albums/4-wheeling/101_0184.jpg

Funrover
December 22nd, 2009, 06:43 AM
Yup, just look at the back door! Mine is a SWB like in your picture.... Looks a lot different once you know!

Roostercruiser
December 22nd, 2009, 07:05 AM
welcome to the site . bunch of good people here. nice RR

RoverRage
December 22nd, 2009, 04:19 PM
That's crazy! I had no idea there was more than one WB. Now that I look closer, it's obvious.

http://www.whitescarver.com/albums/4-wheeling/101_0184.jpg

The LWB was offered in the 1993-95 RRCs.
Here's some comparison shots of the interior.

LWB
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_H8XOnZC7feI/SzFTmHf0UHI/AAAAAAAAIyI/uWJE1cj08OA/s144/LWB.jpg

SWB
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_H8XOnZC7feI/SzFTmJWWT_I/AAAAAAAAIyM/0UCeqYsDVbE/s144/SWB.jpg

Smash
December 22nd, 2009, 04:21 PM
I learned to drive on a SWB, then my parents got a LWB. Man there is a HUGE difference, inside and outside.

Fordguy77
December 22nd, 2009, 06:03 PM
Wow that is a pretty large difference. never knew 8 inches could make such a difference

Mporter
December 22nd, 2009, 06:08 PM
Wow that is a pretty large difference. never knew 8 inches could make such a difference
:D
Sorry im tired.....things are little more funny right now

Rovers4now
December 22nd, 2009, 11:26 PM
Welcome aboard, always cool to see more Rovers coming in.