PDA

View Full Version : For All of the Rally Fans out there

Brody
December 22nd, 2009, 12:08 PM
I came across this on you tube. It is a bunch of Rally videos from around the world, showcasing many of the top drivers. The footage is great as are the locations. Hope you enjoy these. They are all about 26 minutes long.

http://www.youtube.com/show/worldrallychampionship

Mporter
December 22nd, 2009, 02:57 PM
dang.....lots of stuff there

Rovers4now
December 22nd, 2009, 11:39 PM
NICE!!!!! I think I watched every one of those episodes as they were aired. I still cant understand why SPEED quit airing the WRC series. Thanks for bringing back old memories Brody!

SubaCool
December 23rd, 2009, 01:19 PM
I still cant understand why SPEED quit airing the WRC series.
Because the concept of turning any other direction other than left is just crazy and totally undesirable in this country?
Because it's too hard to follow when you're hammered?
Sorry, couldn't resist :p

Brody
December 23rd, 2009, 01:27 PM
Because the concept of turning any other direction other than left is just crazy and totally undesirable in this country?
Because it's too hard to follow when you're hammered?
Sorry, couldn't resist :p

That's funny! Yeah, you would probably get motion sickness watching a rally race after hammering down a bunch of the piss beer that seems so popular in America: Busch, Bud, Pabst, Miller, etc., etc....the stuff that needs to go through the horse about three more times if you can even get the horse to drink it....

Haku
December 23rd, 2009, 01:36 PM
To their credit they do an all right job of covering the Formula 1 series. I remember when they were trying to cancel the WRC coverage, all the Subaru sights and many others sent tons of petitions to try to stop it, but to no avail. I said this in one of the threads about it back then, but its kind of like comparing Soccer to Football (the american kind) and wondering why there is so much more coverage of NFL stuff then World Cup Soccer stuff in this country, despite it being the most popular sport in the world. No logical reason, but Americans just don't turn on the set for it evidently. Same reason why there is no Formula 1 race in the states anymore, people stopped showing up (plus we are too poor to keep up with the existing international F1 circuits facilities wise). Definitely sucks big time, since the racing is so much more interesting then the standard fair that NASCAR provides. I still think it would be the best year ever to travel along with the Formula 1 series and go to every race. Too bad I'm not a millionaire that doesn't have to work, or haven't managed to find a job that would let me travel with the series yet.

On another note.....here is some great HD footage of the 2009 Great Britain WRC Rally....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9Jk370xfgg

JH

Medic-5150
December 27th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Rally is the best! Thanks Pete!

Rob
December 27th, 2009, 08:15 PM
Hey, Pete, have you come across any golf videos you want to share?