PDA

View Full Version : Last minute snow run - Tue Dec 28th / Bunce, etc

cfr
December 28th, 2009, 06:06 PM
{ Edit: Argh. Tuesday the 29th! }

Just got the OK from the wife to get out tomorrow. Looking for someone to go with.

Want to check the snow conditions on the trails in the Lyons/Estes area: Bunce School Road, Johnny Park, Pole Hill, etc. I'm expecting to find a lot of snow so there may be more driving between trails then driving on trail.

Meet at Diamond Shamrock in Lyons at 10AM. Will leave at 10:15. CB Channel 4.

Rob
December 28th, 2009, 07:10 PM
I'd go if I didn't have to work. If Johnny Park and Pole Hill are still open and runnable, I'd be up for a run on one of them this weekend or next.

Chris
December 28th, 2009, 07:26 PM
I'd like to join you but won't know until morning. Will you be going regardless of anyone else showing up?

cfr
December 28th, 2009, 07:44 PM
Yep. I'll be at the Diamond Shamrock in Lyons from 10-10:15 either way. If nobody else shows, I"ll just be much more conservative.

Chris
December 28th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Okay, maybe I'll make it, hope so!

Chris
December 29th, 2009, 07:47 AM
Have fun CR, I can't make it. :(

cfr
December 29th, 2009, 08:14 AM
No problem. I was thinking this morning that this will be more of a scouting mission and a mountain drive for me. I'll post a trail report tonight to describe what I find, gate closures, etc.

Brody
December 29th, 2009, 09:11 AM
No problem. I was thinking this morning that this will be more of a scouting mission and a mountain drive for me. I'll post a trail report tonight to describe what I find, gate closures, etc.

You'll probably find the same gate closures that have been there for the last couple of years. Hopefully nothing new. The only other road they can stick a gate on is the Ironsides road.