PDA

View Full Version : Friday, January 1st - Georgetown Ice Races

Andrew
December 29th, 2009, 03:05 PM
This is a Friday - so that means a FUN DAY at the Ice Races!

It's only $5 for the day (per driver), which is a bargain!

Let's meet right at the lake - I see no need to pool up there. They say they want to have things setup by 11AM so I'd say let's meet at about 10:30AM.

I'm inviting some people from some other forums, so who knows who will make it - but it'll be fun!

SubaCool
December 29th, 2009, 04:25 PM
I know they could use as much help setting up as they could get, so if anybody is planning on going early I'm sure they'll appreciate it ;) I still hope I'll feel better by New Year's eve, I'm still fighting this nasty cold (and my whole family is too). I wanna go, but if I feel like crap, I'll have to pass :(

Patrolman
December 29th, 2009, 04:47 PM
It is a total blast and we are going to try to make it. Will know more as we get there. :)

scout man
December 29th, 2009, 06:44 PM
I plan on being up there, and :princess: will already be up that way with for a friends bachelorette party, and will probably show up with a friend or two.

Viper
December 29th, 2009, 08:32 PM
I plan to be there between 10 and 10:30 see you there

RoverRage
December 30th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Forgive my ignorance, but what are the Ice Races? Sounds interesting!

Mporter
December 30th, 2009, 07:32 PM
racing on georgetown lake when it freezes over

Chris
December 30th, 2009, 07:39 PM
Here's their site: http://www.ourgangiceracing.com/

Andrew
December 31st, 2009, 05:48 PM
CB Channel 4 if I didn't put that somewhere.

I'll see ya guys tomorrow, I still don't know a lot of ya but my Xterra is pretty easy to spot.

scout man
December 31st, 2009, 06:12 PM
see you there! I should be really easy to spot too!

Patrolman
December 31st, 2009, 06:54 PM
We can't make it. :princess: doesn't want to take her Forester. My truck isn't "worthy".

Just FYI, any vehicle has to go through a quick inspection. Seat belts, no loose stuff in the cab (tools, parts, etc). Also battery has to be tied down properly and no leaks. My truck fails most of those points. :(

scout man
December 31st, 2009, 06:56 PM
I'm not planning on driving, jsut hanging out and watching. In fact, I think my rig fails every single one of those points, especially leaks. Come up and hang out and watch!

Brody
January 1st, 2010, 05:24 AM
Forgive my ignorance, but what are the Ice Races? Sounds interesting!

Georgetown is located off of I70 past Idaho Springs before Eisinhower Tunnel . Georgetown Lake freezes over every year and 4x4 enthusiats race their rigs on the frozen lake under the 'Our Gang' regulations, the group that keeps these races going. There are quite a few different classes, including open rubber classes, most of the races are set up as elimination rounds, and it is certainly fun to watch and/or participate it at least once.

There aren't any dumb questions on this site, BTW, and the only people that will give you grief are people who know you pretty well. Everyone else will just answer your questions...

Mporter
January 1st, 2010, 06:12 AM
Leave it to Pete to take the technical route and blow my explanation outta the water

Brody
January 1st, 2010, 06:26 AM
Leave it to Pete to take the technical route and blow my explanation outta the water

Hey...The guy is from out of state and I was only expanding on your explanation....not everyone is born knowing where Georgetown Lake is:D

Mporter
January 1st, 2010, 06:27 AM
Good call....

Chris
January 1st, 2010, 06:45 PM
Moved reply to Trail Run Reports

Brody
January 2nd, 2010, 04:59 AM
Moved reply to Trail Run Reports

HEY WINKY! I THOUGHT YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE DOING THIS STUFF ON THE TRAIL SECTIONS!

RoverRage
January 2nd, 2010, 08:52 AM
Georgetown is located off of I70 past Idaho Springs before Eisinhower Tunnel . Georgetown Lake freezes over every year and 4x4 enthusiats race their rigs on the frozen lake under the 'Our Gang' regulations, the group that keeps these races going. There are quite a few different classes, including open rubber classes, most of the races are set up as elimination rounds, and it is certainly fun to watch and/or participate it at least once.

There aren't any dumb questions on this site, BTW, and the only people that will give you grief are people who know you pretty well. Everyone else will just answer your questions...

Thanks... that's what I assumed, but wasn't sure. I appreciate the extra explanation. :fing:
I took a drive up to Georgetown a few weeks ago. Nice area.