PDA

View Full Version : F R weather has come to Moab

ROKTAXI
December 30th, 2009, 01:33 PM
Well, now I now what it feels like to live east of the Rocky"s.... hasn't stopped snowing here for 2 days. Twenty years in Moab and I've never seen this weather pattern before. Usually I brag about how it snows a couple inches and then melts off and can do some wheeling. The snow from 2 weeks ago (10") hasn't melted at all and now we have another 8" + on top of that. So if you're thinking of a winter get-away in Moab I wouldn't plan on it anytime soon (July?)

Chris
December 30th, 2009, 01:36 PM
We need that to improve before March Marty! :eek:

cfr
December 30th, 2009, 05:37 PM
Argh. Still grumbling about my the Moab trip I'm supposed to be on right now.

ROKTAXI
December 30th, 2009, 08:33 PM
We need that to improve before March Marty! :eek:

I'll have to have a long talk with the weather GODS....(can they be bribed?) .... and speaking of weather, it looks like a couple more storms off CA are lined up and heading this way. Not a good sign.

Chris
December 30th, 2009, 09:07 PM
Odd weather everywhere it seems, no evidence of global warming that I can see. :rolleyes:

Rob
December 30th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Odd weather everywhere it seems, no evidence of global warming that I can see. :rolleyes:

There you go, confusing weather and climate. Be glad you don't live in Tuvalu.

"We live in constant fear of the adverse impacts of climate change. For a coral atoll nation, sea level rise and more severe weather events loom as a growing threat to our entire population. The threat is real and serious, and is of no difference to a slow and insidious form of terrorism against us."
-Saufatu Sopoanga, Prime Minister of Tuvalu, at the 58th Session of the United Nations General Assembly New York, 24th September 2003

Chris
December 30th, 2009, 09:28 PM
There you go, confusing weather and climate.

Geez, what are you, an editor or something? :rolleyes:

Rob
December 30th, 2009, 09:30 PM
Geez, what are you, an editor or something? :rolleyes:

Nope, merely a purveyor of truth, justice and the American way. :superhero:

Chris
December 30th, 2009, 09:32 PM
:lmao:

Pathrat
December 30th, 2009, 10:16 PM
Nope, merely a purveyor of truth, justice and the American way. :superhero:
It sounds like I should be buying something from you.

Pathrat
December 30th, 2009, 10:16 PM
Wow on the snow totals down there. I am glad we did not plan a trip down. I am looking forward to a warm March down there.

JeffX
December 31st, 2009, 06:06 AM
That's crazy. Maybe some of us should retract our advice about Moab in winter :P .

This was January 5 years ago:

http://www.whitescarver.com/jeffscarver/Moab/MoabTrip/147_4768.JPG