PDA

View Full Version : Someone want to help this guy out with Trail info?

Brody
January 3rd, 2010, 12:01 PM
Could someone involved with Colo4x4 help this guy out with some Ellis Jeep Tail info?

Here is his post:

http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=159630

I don't feel like joining Colo4x4 simply to answer it and he is getting some bogus information from people who haven't. We ran the trail late last year. Here is our link that he should be directed to:

http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?6670-Ellis-Jeep-Trail-ElkHorn-Whiskey-Park-Dunes&highlight=ellis+Jeep+trail

I had a hard time finding trail reports when we were trying to get information to run it. It doesn't get run enough to have much information out there. Someone do this guy a good turn...

RidgeRunner
January 3rd, 2010, 01:01 PM
Done! I posted up the link for him.

Brody
January 3rd, 2010, 02:10 PM
Thank you! When we were researching the Ellis Jeep Trail for our run last year, it was really hard getting any information about it at all other than traildamage.com. Wells book was a bit vague, too. I figure that if we can help out a fellow wheeler and save them the time it comes under the 'trail karma' heading. We could find no recent posts on it and no posts on any other club website.

Great trail, BTW, and there were other spur roads that looked to offer some harder stuff, but we didn't have enough time. We wanted to run the Dunes since we were up that way (kind of a waste of time unless you have a buggy, rock rail or ATV with you), and actually ended up wishing we had done more exploring on the spurs. I think we ran almost all of the trail in 2WD with the exception of a few spots, but it was also pretty dry. Great camping pretty much everywhere you looked, hardly any people, and just a real pretty family oriented trail run. Something like 55 miles all off road if you do the loop. We are already planning on going back, hopefully with a bigger group from Front Range this coming year in the fall.

Appreciate it!

RidgeRunner
January 3rd, 2010, 03:22 PM
No problem.

I looked through the tread you linked and it looked line fun! That would be somthing I'd be interested in doing of FR4X4 did a run.

DaJudge
January 4th, 2010, 10:06 AM
I figure that if we can help out a fellow wheeler and save them the time it comes under the 'trail karma' heading.

'Karma' indeed. Somehow I had never run across this site until I saw the posting on CO4x4! Now I can double the amount of time I waste web wheeling online. :D

RidgeRunner
January 5th, 2010, 07:32 PM
'Karma' indeed. Somehow I had never run across this site until I saw the posting on CO4x4! Now I can double the amount of time I waste web wheeling online. :D

LOL Welcome to the forum DaJudge, nice to see you over here!