PDA

View Full Version : club warehouse

gragravar
January 18th, 2010, 09:11 AM
finally got around to taking some initiative around my desire to learn to weld. I took a class yesterday at club workshop in Denver.

http://www.clubworkshop.com/

first, I really enjoyed the class and learned a lot.

next, if you have projects to do but are lacking the space and or equipment to work on it, check out club workshop. they have a huge facility a wood working shop, metal shop including CNC machines, and welding equipment. They have one car lift, and plan on 2 more soon. they have a rapid prototyping machine, and well as laser engraving equipment for your hobby projects. you can get in there with a day pass, a punch card, or a monthly pass. they also offer classes on all the equipment in the shop (use of some of the equipment may require taking a class first so they can meet their shop safety regs.)

looks like a cool business! :fing:

gragravar
January 18th, 2010, 09:12 AM
oops, titled the thread club warehouse when it shoulda been club workshop. can a mod edit for me?

Funrover
January 18th, 2010, 09:41 AM
You like causing trouble sometimes LOL

SubaCool
January 18th, 2010, 11:41 AM
Nice! $45 for 3hrs of intro to welding? Not bad. I like the Machining class too, will look into both when the finances get a little better. Not bad for wanting to just get your feet wet.

gragravar
January 18th, 2010, 01:18 PM
You like causing trouble sometimes LOL

you know it

Nice! $45 for 3hrs of intro to welding? Not bad. I like the Machining class too, will look into both when the finances get a little better. Not bad for wanting to just get your feet wet.

yep. while it is not as cheap as the free offers from friends with welding setups, it was nice to be in a class format, and good that they had a nice pile of scraps that we could work and play with. I will likely be taking several of the classes they offer.

SubaCool
January 18th, 2010, 01:40 PM
while it is not as cheap as the free offers from friends with welding setups
Yeah, but the friends still have to supply the gas and the wire, so then you hope they're real nice to not want anything in return :rolleyes:

Fordguy77
January 18th, 2010, 04:21 PM
Sounds like a cool place. When you were there did you see a metal break? i couldn't find detailed listings of whats there.

gragravar
January 18th, 2010, 04:32 PM
yes, they have one. dont remember the specs on what it would handle though.

Fordguy77
January 18th, 2010, 04:35 PM
Hmmm will have to check it out. i've got a few things in the works where an actually break would be nice instead of a 4.5" grinder a beam and clamps. Thanks for the link

Mporter
January 18th, 2010, 07:20 PM
That's really cool, I may have to check that out one day.

greenramp
January 18th, 2010, 08:41 PM

I was suggesting this place a while back. I looked into giving a class at my shop but for the time I would have had in it I couldn't beat the $45 for 3 hours deal they had. Maybe I would have been more in depth maybe not. Good deal for those interested in any case.