PDA

View Full Version : Looking to help a buddy out.

BlackRubi
January 21st, 2010, 01:37 PM
I have a friend that will be getting out of the Army very soon (within the next month or so). There was an issue with his security clearance, so he won't have it when he gets out. He is looking to stay in the area because his girlfriend/fiancee is here. If anyone knows of any work floating or owns a business and could use some help, please let me know. I'll get you in contact with him. He's probably the most proficient person that I have ever seen use a computer. He dabbles in programming and is even working on his own video game. He has applied to Best Buy's Geek Squad, but I told him that I would look on here to see if there wasn anything better. With all that said, he is not opposed to manual labor. He's helped me on a number of projects and with moving (both residential moves and moving heavy stuff like pianos). He's motivated, disciplined, and willing to learn. Thanks for any help!

colomil
January 21st, 2010, 06:00 PM
What type of programming has he done? Does he know C#/ASP.NET/SQL or iphone programming?

Patrolman
January 21st, 2010, 06:53 PM
Any degree at all?

BlackRubi
January 22nd, 2010, 11:01 AM
No degree. 5 or so years of military experience in a variety of jobs (mostly intel), and a deployment to Iraq where he did a bunch of high-speed stuff.
I'll check on the programming experience.