PDA

View Full Version : The Ups Guy

Fordguy77
January 27th, 2010, 04:39 PM
I have came to the realization it is rather odd when one of your best friends is the UPS guy. Over the last 6 years of part ordering, and such, i have had the exact same UPS guy. Over the years he has asked about all sorts of the stuff i have ordered, he came to the conclusion that i only order parts to make things go faster. Today when he asked what it was this time, He was amazed to see i actually purchased something that has nothing to do with going fast. His package today contained this:
https://www.t-mobilepictures.com/myalbum/photos/photo20/7d/07/44c2ed568a3d__1264607217000.jpeg
Its a late 60's early 70's AM/FM Ford Radio! I plan on replacing the AM radio in my 1970 with this one. Only took me 2 months to track it down. I was avoiding ebay by suggestion of my grandpas friend who said that several of the radios he had gotten off there did not work at all. So he helped me track this one down that is guaranteed to work, and i got a wicked deal on it!

Mporter
January 27th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Nice nice.

Yeah our UPS guy has been the same for quite a while. When I ordered my lift kit I got half the stuff (spring packs, shocks and stuff) on a palette from Old Dominion and then a couple minutes later a box with steering stabilizer and ubolts/bushings came from UPS, the guy was wondering what I got from ARB and so I showed him the palette full o' goodies on the garage floor.

CR
January 27th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Awesome!
Good score on that old classic! It looks great.

Fordguy77
January 27th, 2010, 04:59 PM
I figured i'd throw a picture of it up so people can see what its going into. Its was my first truck, and i love it to much to get rid of it, so once i finish all my current 4x4 projects i plan on restoring it, almost all original though. I bought it from the original Owner, and its just in such great shape i would feel bad if i changed it to much.
http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/98/l_5a114d53a50bb238dfaa3e0da8bfd977.jpg

scout man
January 27th, 2010, 05:10 PM
thats definitely something to hang on too. By the time your kids are posting up pics of their vehicles, this thing will be a real collectors item if still in that kind of shape.