PDA

View Full Version : Automotive Recycling

Fordguy77
January 29th, 2010, 07:20 PM
Does anyone know where i can take a car to get crushed, or even just a place to get rid of it. I need to get rid of a 93 ford explorer. Just the body, not a rolling chassis or anything. I am having issues locating places that will take this kind of thing. If anyone can help me out it would be great

Chris
January 29th, 2010, 07:38 PM
There should be plenty of scrappers happy to take it. Look on CL

Fordguy77
January 29th, 2010, 07:41 PM
There should be plenty of scrappers happy to take it. Look on CL

I have looked there, but so far all i can turn up is people wanting to buy whole used cars with titles and such. I can't seem to come up with better terms to search.

Funrover
January 29th, 2010, 07:52 PM
Won't a local scrap metal place take it? Put an add on CL someone will get it

Fordguy77
January 29th, 2010, 07:55 PM
Most of the local scrap yards i know of in my area don't take things this big. I would put an add on CL but i have to dump it tomorrow or the in-laws will shot me

Fordguy77
January 29th, 2010, 08:25 PM
I followed funrovers advise. Took less than 20min for someone call me and want to pick it up. Thanks for the idea Funrover

Funrover
January 29th, 2010, 08:32 PM
Glad to help

Fordguy77
January 29th, 2010, 08:42 PM
I wish i knew getting rid of my stuff was this easy before, i would of tried it along time ago!

Chris
January 29th, 2010, 08:48 PM
There's always someone looking for your junk! Last time I moved I had all the garage junk - 2x4 chunks, broken rakes, rusty tools, broken tv, scrap metal and various crap like that. Posted it on CL and it was gone.

Funrover
January 29th, 2010, 08:53 PM
CL is awesome!! I find and get rid of crap LOL

Fordguy77
January 29th, 2010, 09:15 PM
CL is awesome!! I find and get rid of crap LOL

I have to agree, But for some reason i take in more junk than i get rid of, Damn it i have issues:lmao:

Funrover
January 29th, 2010, 09:27 PM
I have to agree, But for some reason i take in more junk than i get rid of, Damn it i have issues:lmao:

We are of the same club. LOL Although I had unloaded a mass amount of items when I moved from the Springs to Castle Rock

SubaCool
January 29th, 2010, 11:20 PM
Glad you got it figured out. I've had a similar issue a few months back with a Baja Bug shell. I forgot who exactly, but I found a guy (in the phone book) that specialized in this kinda stuff. He brought a wrecker and the Bug was gone before I even knew it. He even wanted to give me $50 bucks for it, but since I didn't have a title for the shell and he wanted me to sign some stuff, I just ended up giving it to him for free (I should have signed it John Doe, but whatever).

Brody
January 30th, 2010, 04:41 AM
Yeah, if the body or body parts are halfway decent, post it on craigslist for a ridiculous price and it will be gone in a day or so.

Fordguy77
February 1st, 2010, 07:42 PM
Yeah, if the body or body parts are halfway decent, post it on craigslist for a ridiculous price and it will be gone in a day or so.

I parted out the doors, fenders, and hatch for more than i payed for it. It was literally just the body tub, and the frame left on the car. Found some guys who wanted to come pick it up, and give me some cash. Seemed like a great way to still get more money out of it, and get rid of my head ache.

Mporter
February 1st, 2010, 07:43 PM
Hell yeah....capitalism prevails!