PDA

View Full Version : MOAB Mar 21-25 (Pre EJS & Pre FR4x4 Ann Run)

Red Rhino
February 14th, 2010, 10:10 PM
I will in Moab Mar 21 - 25. I will be back in time to run '2nd Annual Front Range 4x4 Anniversary Run' on the 27th. Moab is the Disney Land for Adults and kids who love nature. I like to run the Smooth Slick Rock, Big Rock, and Sand at all levels. Last Year I even ran through 4' deep water and saw lots of Water Falls. Those of you who have not been to Moab this is very rare! Moab will get hot early in the spring so march usually has good weather. Let me know if you might be there and we can make run or 2 or 10 ....

These pics are of Red Rhino with the old body. The new one is all red.

Funrover
February 15th, 2010, 07:00 AM
Someday I will get to Moab..Someday

Pathrat
February 15th, 2010, 06:10 PM

You are coming with us this year.

Pathrat
February 15th, 2010, 06:11 PM
My aunt and uncle live down there. So far, the report is snow and mud. Hope it dries out by then. I usually go in March, but I don't think I can fit it in this year, or pay for it. :(

Chris
February 15th, 2010, 06:15 PM

You are coming with us this year.

Hey Path, load his bike and your truck and he'll be there. ;)

Pathrat
February 15th, 2010, 06:21 PM
Hey Path, load his bike and your truck and he'll be there. ;)

Shall I make him chase it or agree beforehand to come with us?

The bike can be strapped to the roof rack just fine.

Chris
February 15th, 2010, 06:25 PM
Shall I make him chase it or agree beforehand to come with us?

I envision you knocking on his door and letting him chase you. ;)

Smash
February 15th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Bwahahahahaha, you better take your video camera if you do that!!

I've been to moab once, on the motorcycle, for not even a full day. Basically just got to see Arches. Karla's never been. Hope to get her out there this summer to Arches on a motorcycle ride. Maybe take the 'burban this fall?

Haku
February 15th, 2010, 07:35 PM
I may be able to make it for this trip. I have a bunch of stuff to do to the truck, so its really down to how much and how fast I get it done. I'll know in a week or two I'm sure. Moab is a blast, and I'd love to go again. I am planning on going in mid-april too, but think I'll be able to swing both trips. We'll see what happens.

JH

orco59
February 15th, 2010, 09:30 PM
I am planning on being there Mar 21-24 with my family. I'm up for moderate trails, it would be great to meet for a run or three.
This will be my 1st 4x4 visit to Moab.

Red Rhino
February 16th, 2010, 09:07 PM
I am planning on being there Mar 21-24 with my family. I'm up for moderate trails, it would be great to meet for a run or three.
This will be my 1st 4x4 visit to Moab.

Sounds Great. I will be there with my two kids as well. When it gets closer let sets up some plans. All the trails are great fun. You should look at this trail book if you want to see the options:

Red Rhino
February 16th, 2010, 09:12 PM
I may be able to make it for this trip. I have a bunch of stuff to do to the truck, so its really down to how much and how fast I get it done. I'll know in a week or two I'm sure. Moab is a blast, and I'd love to go again. I am planning on going in mid-april too, but think I'll be able to swing both trips. We'll see what happens.

JH

Hope you can make it. I you need help with you rig let me know. I have lots of tools, welder, cutting torch, Big F Hammer etc...

Bryan

orco59
February 17th, 2010, 08:26 PM
Well's book is good, been reading it for months.
I got no goals this trip, other than getting there and running a couple of trails.
Look forward to meeting with you.

Jackie
February 17th, 2010, 08:43 PM
Moab is the BEST. I've been there four times (twice with my Jeep). Don't go in the summer though...the heat is deadly...I mean it. We did a summer trip one time (with a hotel reservation) and found ourselves hanging out in the the hotel room from 10:00 am until sunset because of the heat. No fun. And I'm talkin' 110+ degrees in the shade. Bring lots of water, whatever you do.

white collar redneck dad
February 17th, 2010, 11:19 PM
I have been to Moab twice -- I LOVE IT -- I have an interest in going to Moab that week..I have some other friends who may be meeting me there on that Wednesday late night...3/24..keep us posted..

Red Rhino
March 17th, 2010, 09:43 PM
Hello FR 4X4,

MOAB !!! :)

I am still going to Moab next week and will be back for the 2nd Annual Anniversary Run on March 27th. I do all levels for trails, have a Warn and many tools. Please let me know if you will be in the area wheelen.

Bryan

Haku
March 17th, 2010, 09:54 PM
I really want to go, but already signed up for work on Monday and Thursday. Kinda tempted to cancel, but probably shouldn't. Have an awesome time and take lots of pics and video.

JH

p.s. Put it on the Calendar so people can RSVP. You'll get more interest that way too.

orco59
March 18th, 2010, 08:34 PM
Rhino,
sent you a PM. looking forward to meeting you.

yeah MOAB

SCRubicon
March 22nd, 2011, 04:05 PM

Oh man, I'm in Moab right now with Eric :D