PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Anniversary Run Giveaway Thread

Brody
February 15th, 2010, 06:27 PM
This is a thread for people and vendors to post items that will be given away in a drawing. If you are a vendor, post soemthing that you would be willing to donate: a gift certificate or part. If you are member, anything that you have extra camping or 4x related that you would just like to see going to a good cause, clean it out of your garage and donate it to the drawing. New or used, if it can be used by someone else...hey...toss in in the mix.

I am going to start:

I have a brand new 10,000 pound tie down strap and a Jeep hub nut socket nearly new.

Englewood Drive Shaft is going to be donating a gift certificate and stickers.

Smash
February 15th, 2010, 06:28 PM
I've got a used XM Roady (in great shape!) with all the accessories for the raffle.

Still looking for other things.

Chris
February 15th, 2010, 07:05 PM
I'll be bringing small stickers and whatever I can find in my garage that someone can use.

Smash
February 16th, 2010, 04:41 PM
Got a great backpack for a good sized dog. My husky/mal mix has gotten too old to use it unfortunately.

Still looking.

scout man
February 16th, 2010, 08:45 PM
I will probably have a good pile of stuff. Picking up about 3 truck loads tomorrow, so hopefully I will find some good things that will be usefully for a variety of people. More details when I sort through everything.

CR
February 17th, 2010, 08:42 AM
Toyota Taco skid plates from me

Smash
February 17th, 2010, 08:53 AM
Got a twin air mattress, maybe a 2 person 3 season tent....

Chris
February 17th, 2010, 04:58 PM
I have a set of brackets for DIY gauge panels mounting to roll cage. Was going in my FJ55. :(

Also I'll throw in a few new rachet straps.

Smash
February 18th, 2010, 02:21 PM
Woohoo! Nicely done Brody.

WINKY
February 18th, 2010, 03:04 PM
So if i get something for a toyota, id be willing to swap with someone that has a yota for something useful for me... :)

Smash
February 18th, 2010, 03:05 PM
So if i get something for a toyota, id be willing to swap with someone that has a yota for something useful for me... :)

You're already bringing lardcakes.....

Andrew
February 18th, 2010, 03:44 PM
Awesome!

Brody
February 18th, 2010, 03:54 PM

Think of it as a White Elephant game, where if you get something you can't use you can swap it for something you can use, either with someone else or simply for another item. I am trying to get the vendors to supply gift certificates rather than make or model specific items, but we have a lot of Toyota specific vendors here, so there will be a certain amount of Toyota specific stuff that will simply not look good on your big Dodge...:lmao::lmao:

Oh...and since I will be doing the giveaway drawing stuff again this year (unless someone's kid(s) want to...more fun) you will have to deal with me.:D:D

WINKY
February 18th, 2010, 04:22 PM
make specific stuff doesnt bother me none, gift certs are nice i can always use more lights!

Chris
February 18th, 2010, 04:28 PM
OUR VENDOR"S ROCK!

High Country Performance 4X4 (Thanks Valerie!)
Addicted Off Road (Thanks Scott! Way To Go!)
AA Performance Muffler and Brake (Thanks Scott and Tammie!)
Englewood Drive Shaft (Thanks Bill!)
Arvada Auto Tech (Thanks Scott!)
Farris Survival LLC (Thanks Bob!)
Yoda Jim (Jims Got Parts) (Thanks Jim! You Rock, Man!!)
JC's Rover&4x4
Ahren's Automotive (Thanks Bill!)
Altitude Steel (Thanks Doug! You are one of the BEST!)
ProTool (Thanks Doug!)
Nemesis Industries (Thanks Rob!)
Dave'z Off Road Performance (Thanks Dave! Cool Item!)

Wow! What a great group of vendor's!
A huge thanks from all of us at Front Range 4x4!

Dirt Claude
February 23rd, 2010, 08:26 AM
I'll throw in (4) pairs of new rubber shock boots. I'm sure I've got some other stuff laying around too, just need to go through it.

Brody
February 23rd, 2010, 12:49 PM
OUR VENDOR"S ROCK!

Here is what is happening so far with our trusted service and 4x4 shops:

High Country Performance 4X4 (Thanks Valerie!):

Spare tires covers, plus assorted useful items

Stuffed animals for the kids

One 1985-1985 Addicted Off Road Toyota Winch Bumper (These are nice!)

AA Performance Muffler and Brake (Thanks Scott and Tammie!):

Gift Certificate

Englewood Drive Shaft (Thanks Bill!):

One each gift certificates valued at $50, $75, and $100

Arvada Auto Tech (Thanks Scott!):

Free oil change (regular oil) insulated cup holders (always useful) , rulers for the kids and more

Farris Survival LLC (Thanks Bob!):

Three day emergency pack or similar

Yoda Jim (Jims Got Parts) (Thanks Jim! You Rock, Man!!) :

Five $50 gift certificates

$50 Gift Certificate any automotive work

Altitude Steel (Thanks Doug! You de man!)

$25 Gift Certificate for any steel purchase

ProTools (Thanks Doug!)

One Free used air tank for your shop or OBA

Dave'Z Off Road Performance (Thanks Dave! This is sweet!):

DORP's designed new Toyota transfer case E Brake

Pending:

Nemesis Industries

Gift Certificate towards JEEP stuff

JC's Rover&4x4:

Probably a gift certificate

Slee Off Road:

Possibly a gift certificate

Rusty
February 23rd, 2010, 05:50 PM
That's awesome Chris, I'll check with Zach's Transmission and 4x4 to see if they'll help out.

scout man
February 23rd, 2010, 07:06 PM
That's awesome Chris, I'll check with Zach's Transmission and 4x4 to see if they'll help out.

ooooh, they should donate a Torquflite 727 with Dana 300 attached!!! :D

just kidding

Chris
February 25th, 2010, 08:32 PM
I'm adding 4 white Front Range 4x4 hats that I found today. :thunb:

WINKY
February 25th, 2010, 09:09 PM
YAAAY is it time yet?

foxtrot
March 1st, 2010, 10:14 PM
nevermind, dad got rid of the tires already, I'll bring a high lift jack mount.

Smash
March 2nd, 2010, 07:35 AM
Adding a REI half dome 2 person 3 season tent to the mix.

Zatticus
March 2nd, 2010, 09:58 PM
If you want them, I have a SLIGHTLY used can of TurtleWax Rubbing Compound and New TurtleWax Polishing compound I could throwin.
:)

Brody
March 3rd, 2010, 05:38 AM
If you want them, I have a SLIGHTLY used can of TurtleWax Rubbing Compound and New TurtleWax Polishing compound I could throwin.

Do it! You would be surprised at what people turn up in their garages that other people were quite happy to win! It makes for a fun time. Coupled with the stuff that I have been getting from various vendors, this should make for some serious prizes for almost everyone! Kahal is dropping off some stuff to me today that he was going to toss. He isn't sure if he can make the run due to work, but is throwing in a perfectly good Coleman cooler and some other stuff....

Chris
March 3rd, 2010, 06:41 AM
I have a pair of jack stands I'm adding. Generic, not very high but someone could get some use out of them I'm sure.

Smash
March 3rd, 2010, 07:39 AM

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo yes I WANT! :lol:

Zatticus
March 3rd, 2010, 09:36 AM
;p alright,
I'll bring em or give em to somebody if I can't go
uhh,
how much are the raffle tickets?
;D

Brody
March 3rd, 2010, 04:08 PM
http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/../images/frontrange/icons/icon1.gif Re: 2010 Anniversary Run Giveaway Thread

OUR VENDOR"S ROCK!

Here is what is happening so far with our trusted service and 4x4 shops:

High Country Performance 4X4 (Thanks Valerie!):

Spare tires covers, plus assorted useful items

Stuffed animals for the kids

One 1985-1985 Addicted Off Road Toyota Winch Bumper (These are nice!)

AA Performance Muffler and Brake (Thanks Scott and Tammie!):

$20 Gift Certificate

Englewood Drive Shaft (Thanks Bill!):

One each gift certificates valued at $50, $75, and $100

Arvada Auto Tech (Thanks Scott!):

Free oil change (regular oil) insulated cup holders (always useful) , rulers for the kids and more

Farris Survival LLC (Thanks Bob!):

Three day emergency pack or similar

Yoda Jim (Jims Got Parts) (Thanks Jim! You Rock, Man!!) :

Five $50 gift certificates

$50 Gift Certificate any automotive work

Altitude Steel (Thanks Doug! You de man!)

$25 Gift Certificate for any steel purchase

ProTools (Thanks Doug!)

One Free used air tank for your shop or OBA

Dave'Z Off Road Performance (Thanks Dave! This is sweet!):

DORP's designed new Toyota transfer case E Brake

Pending:
General Air Service and Supply

Probably a gift certificate

Nemesis Industries

Gift Certificate towards JEEP stuff

JC's Rover&4x4:

Probably a gift certificate (Maybe.....and then maybe not. He didn't sound too damn enthused when I spoke with him today despite the business I have sent his way and sparking off about his shop and service...3/03/2010)

Slee Off Road:

Possibly a gift certificate

Chris
March 3rd, 2010, 05:09 PM

Same as our annual membership fee - $0.00

;)

Brody
March 3rd, 2010, 05:17 PM
;D

I am kind of the community drop zone for the folks up north. A Trac is dropping off a bunch of stuff tonite as he isn't sure he is going to be able to go...he works way too much...Anyway, you can drop anything off at my house. If I fill up too quickly, I'll holler at Ash and Karla with the Surburban to help out...

"How much are the raffle tickets?"...Come on....

Zatticus
March 3rd, 2010, 05:22 PM
haha, Win.
Buut.

Brody, You need to remember, I've always had to pay for my raffle tickets.
D;

Rob
March 3rd, 2010, 08:45 PM
Same as our annual membership fee - $0.00

;)

Can I buy 10 of them? Charge them to my forum account. :D

Chris
March 3rd, 2010, 09:34 PM
Sure Rob, just PM your Visa number & Social Security number. :D

scout man
March 3rd, 2010, 09:49 PM
Rob's too old to have a social security number.

Fordguy77
March 3rd, 2010, 09:50 PM

oh haha i though it was 000-00-0001 i didn't think he was old enough not to have one!

Rob
March 3rd, 2010, 10:27 PM
Sure Rob, just PM your Visa number & Social Security number. :D

Sorry, I thought this was a Sam Drucker style operation and could get credit.

It's actually 0000-00-0002. Chris has 0001. :D

scout man
March 3rd, 2010, 10:34 PM
I will add in one or two steering stabilizers. If I still have a good pile left I will also throw in a pair of free shocks from my stash in the garage.

Rob
March 4th, 2010, 06:57 PM
Any idea if either of those stabilizers would fit an FJ40? That's on my list of things to replace.

scout man
March 4th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Any idea if either of those stabilizers would fit an FJ40? That's on my list of things to replace.
they are pretty much universal rob. All it does is mount on the axle somewhere with one end, then there is a bracket that clamps to the tie rod wherever in need to go. These are made to be universal. I dont have many of the actual brackets, if any, but if you already have a stabilizer chances are you can just switch in one of my cylinders and you will be good to go. If you dont win one on the anniversary run, I have more for sale as well.

Brody
March 4th, 2010, 07:26 PM
they are pretty much universal rob. All it does is mount on the axle somewhere with one end, then there is a bracket that clamps to the tie rod wherever in need to go. These are made to be universal. I dont have many of the actual brackets, if any, but if you already have a stabilizer chances are you can just switch in one of my cylinders and you will be good to go. If you dont win one on the anniversary run, I have more for sale as well.

Easy enough to build the brackets you need and I think I have the ones from the stabilizer I took off mine that you are welcome to. I'll see if I can find them. It consists of one weld on frame/axle bracket and one that clamps to the tie rod. I'll PM you if I find them. I know I didn't toss them as I hardly throw anything steel out...and, as Steve mentioned, they are a universal fit. The throw is more determined by where the brackets are mounted than the actual length of the shock.

Khal (A Trac) just dropped off a couple of 2" lift shock spacers that will fit on an FJ (or probably any newer 4Runner/Land Cruiser) front end plus a slightly used Coleman electric cooler for the giveaway....Thanks Khal!

I may need someone with some room to help me get stuff to the giveaway........

Fordguy77
March 4th, 2010, 07:30 PM
they are a universal fit. The throw is more determined by where the brackets are mounted than the actual length of the shock.
Yeah, its important to set it up so you can turn lock to lock, haha the guy i bought the 77 from installed one( wrong, and you could barely turn left at all) and told me that it messed up the steering linkage, so i used it as a haggling point and fixed that day when i got home!

Rob
March 5th, 2010, 12:00 AM

The 40 does have one already. It's just in really sad shape. And I figure it's something I can do before I replace the tie rod, relay rod and drag link. That's getting into some bucks.

Easy enough to build the brackets you need and I think I have the ones from the stabilizer I took off mine that you are welcome to. I'll see if I can find them. It consists of one weld on frame/axle bracket and one that clamps to the tie rod. I'll PM you if I find them. I know I didn't toss them as I hardly throw anything steel out...and, as Steve mentioned, they are a universal fit. The throw is more determined by where the brackets are mounted than the actual length of the shock.

Thanks, Pete. You'd know better than I whether I can buy a stabilizer (or win one [go me!]) from Steve and just bolt it on or whether I'd need those brackets of yours.

And I can swing by your house on the way to the run and haul a few things down.

Chris
March 5th, 2010, 08:24 AM

I can help too Pete, just let me know.

Mporter
March 5th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Probably gonna get a tent to throw in for this raffle.

Pathrat
March 5th, 2010, 10:31 PM
I don't have much in my garage like some here but I have stock FJC rear springs...is there another application for those springs where maybe someone would want them?

Brody
March 6th, 2010, 05:38 AM
I don't have much in my garage like some here but I have stock FJC rear springs...is there another application for those springs where maybe someone would want them?

Hey Stephanie

Someone has figured something out what to do with the stock FJ springs. I now have a set sitting at my house, too, so if you want to add yours to that to get it out of the garage, please do so. I wouldn't necessarily bring them to the giveaway. I am in the process of trying to find out what people are using these for...Khal dropped his off the other day as I am working on building a rear stroage compartment for him. He had a bunch of stuff he didn't know what to do with, so I said I would get it to a good home.....

Chris
March 6th, 2010, 07:32 AM
Thread Closed. New: http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?8845-2010-2nd-Anniversary-Run-Giveaway-Thread-final-cut