PDA

View Full Version : Metberry Gulch Pre Anniversary Run

Brody
February 16th, 2010, 06:07 AM
I am trying to generate some interest here for doing a pre anniversary trail run of Metberry Gulch to check conditions. What I would like to do is to get an early start and possibly do Longwater and Hackett Mountain trails on the same day, making for a long day of trail running.

This run would be before March 27th, of course, and could be done any weekend day up to a week before the actual run. If anyone is interested, please post up dates that would work and what actual day work work best for you.

AccordRanger
February 16th, 2010, 09:31 PM
Hmmm may be interested. im open every weekend

Chris
February 16th, 2010, 09:50 PM
I might be able to do that Pete if everything settles down here. I already had to have my kids change the celebration date of 2 of my grandkids birthdays which they planned on doing on the 27th so I'll have to see what Saturday they're using instead. I'm also assuming other stuff will be good before too long.

wyota
February 26th, 2010, 11:01 AM
i would go! i have limited funds so the the week ends after 2ed and the 16 are the best days for me as i will have gas money:)

Chris
February 26th, 2010, 01:00 PM
I am now going to say I'm in for sure. My life is about to regain what used to be "normal" and I'd love to get out.

My mother is recovering well and will be getting out of rehab and going home in a few days!

Sure would be nice to get out in the truck! :jiggy:

Smash
February 26th, 2010, 01:10 PM
That's great news Chris! What day is this happening?

BlueMoonMobile
February 26th, 2010, 01:20 PM
I would love to go. I have a flexible schedule as long as I have a weeks notice. just let me know what dates work for everyone else!

JeffX
February 26th, 2010, 08:06 PM
I might be able to go. Will I need chains?

traliduster2
February 26th, 2010, 10:16 PM
I find it funny that I live about 5 miles from all three of these trails and hae never been on them. I live on CR51 have a base and a moble CB I would be in for a trip prior to the trip. Iam new to the site just registered today and have many tools plasma cutting to welding for those in need. Can I get in on this run? If not I have fab help I can do.
Marc

78bronco
February 27th, 2010, 12:33 AM
i might be in depending on when i get the 460 into the beast

Brody
February 27th, 2010, 05:24 AM
I find it funny that I live about 5 miles from all three of these trails and hae never been on them. I live on CR51 have a base and a moble CB I would be in for a trip prior to the trip. Iam new to the site just registered today and have many tools plasma cutting to welding for those in need. Can I get in on this run? If not I have fab help I can do.
Marc

Sure can. This is the "what do you think about this run" section where we try to see what kind of interest people have in doing a run before it goes onto the calendar..

Yeah Dave, I suppose the 13th works OK. I have to see if I actually have money for gas for this, but would really like to.

Jeff-I would hope that you wouldn't! This is an area hat doesn't tend to hold much snow and the trouble spots are exposed to the sun a lot. I certainly don't expect much, but that is why I was trying to generate interest in a pre run. If there is a lot of snow for some reason (like it dropped out of the sky) and it precludes stockers from doing Metberry, we can easily switch the Anniversary Run to the China Wall trail.

Smash
February 27th, 2010, 06:59 AM
We can only do the 14th or 21st due to other plans. No worries! We'll see everyone on the 27th.

traliduster2
February 27th, 2010, 08:38 AM
Good deal. I am in for the 13th. I will be dragging. The wife is headed for Oklahoma on the 17th so this will work out good. She is ready to do some wheeling as well. I will mark the callander.

Chris
February 27th, 2010, 08:47 AM
Looks like we have a run Pete!

AccordRanger
February 27th, 2010, 02:02 PM
I may be in wont know for a bit though.

SubaCool
March 4th, 2010, 01:06 AM
Depends on my work schedule, but I'd like to tag along if this goes down. I could help split gas.

Chris
March 6th, 2010, 08:17 PM
Sorry, I'm out. Two grandkids birthday's being celebrated then instead of the day of the Anniversary run.

Brody
March 7th, 2010, 06:31 AM
So are we doin' it?

If not, I think a Chinaman's run is in order :D

On the calendar for the 13th to Metberry. We need to check conditions to verify that all the rigs can do the trail. China Wall is going to remain as the back up trail if for some reason Metberry is jacked...

traliduster2
March 7th, 2010, 08:41 AM
So far every thing here is looking great! The snow is melting very nicely. Still some deep spots in the shade but mostly clear. the trip as of right now looks great nad no problems for the family yugo!

Brody
March 7th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Depends on my work schedule, but I'd like to tag along if this goes down. I could help split gas.

Southpaw3 (Ed) is planning on bringing his big Surburban, so he may want some company. I don't who else is going for sure, but there should be a seat or two. LaDawn just informed me that she may not be working, so that means she may be going....and sorry, Kubo...but I really like her company more than yours....:D:D

Warrlord
March 7th, 2010, 10:48 AM
Pete, I'm gonna make this one. I'll meet you all at the trail head since I'll be coming from the Divide way.

traliduster2
March 7th, 2010, 01:30 PM
double checking here. For those of us that have CB's or going to be on chanel 4 right? I am going to be meeting you all at the entrance to the trail. The little parkng area where CR3 and cedar mountain road comes together. I will need a time frame that you all are lanning to be in that general area. I can be there watching for you all.

Chris
March 7th, 2010, 02:28 PM
Details are here: http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2010-3-13&e=185&c=1

Anyone going needs to RSVP on the page, right now it looks like Warlord is running it alone. :confused:

traliduster2
March 7th, 2010, 03:22 PM
I have just registered for the run its self. I am woundering about the pre run on the 13th. what time are we thinking about reaching the corners. CR3 and CR51 Is that also on ch4/ Thanks
Marc

Warrlord
March 7th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Marc, they're planning on being in Westcreek at 9:30, so maybe we could meet at CR3 & Cedar Mt Road in the parking area about 9:00? It takes a little longer to get to Metberry from our end than it does from the Westcreek end. Does that sound okay?

Larry

traliduster2
March 8th, 2010, 04:43 AM
Thanks Larry, I will see you there at nine.

Brody
March 8th, 2010, 06:30 AM
Details are here: http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2010-3-13&e=185&c=1

Anyone going needs to RSVP on the page, right now it looks like Warlord is running it alone. :confused:

There are now 4 people or more RSVP'd. Ed, Southpaw3, is planning on going, too, but hasn't RSVP'd.

JeffX
March 8th, 2010, 06:52 AM
I RSVP'ed 'maybe'. I need to get out!

Warrlord
March 8th, 2010, 08:45 AM
I need to get out!

That's what I'm thinking :D

Warrlord
March 8th, 2010, 08:46 AM
I need to get out!

That's what I'm thinking :D

SubaCool
March 8th, 2010, 08:59 AM
and sorry, Kubo...but I really like her company more than yours....
I always prefer somebody elses company over mine too :p No worries Pete :thunb:

I've PM'd Ed, but just in case, does anybody else have an open seat?

traliduster2
March 8th, 2010, 09:16 AM
does anybody else have an open seat?

I have a back seat thats still open. Maybe a front seat if the wife does not make it. even if she does want to go there may still be a front seat open. she might want ot ride on the back. That has been knoen to happen before. The only thing is I am about 5 miles from the trail head. HOWEVER!!!!! If you can get with my brother (sanddawg) he is going to have a open seat for the actual run on the 27th and he lives in the springs. Drop him a note and see what he has planned? If you can make it to about Divide I can get you from there for the run on the 13th.

Brody
March 8th, 2010, 09:54 AM
I told Ed that you may need a seat for either run. I talked to him this AM. If LaDawn ends up needing to work, you'll be the first to know.

SubaCool
March 8th, 2010, 10:10 AM
Thanks guys. I'll really only need a seat for the 13th (if I go). We will be coming on the 27th with the Subie. I will try to avoid damage, but I don't expect to not put any scratches on it either (it's just plastic anyways). I would really like to have a little more clearance on it, but can't afford a lift kit from Australia yet :o
On the 13th, I'll play it by ear. I can ride with somebody down there, or I can drive myself down and catch a ride at the trailhead. I mainly just wanna see the trail beforehand.

colomil
March 11th, 2010, 02:08 PM
Hmm this is a maybe for me. I will be picking up a new driveshaft tomorrow and installing it. If I get it all done I will try to come out. I will be driving the M1009.

SubaCool
March 11th, 2010, 03:24 PM
I'm out, gotta work :( Can somebody do me a favor though please, and take a lots of pictures/video of the rock slab and any of the trouble spots (and also if there's a bypass). I'd like to make the main run without ripping stuff off (scratches don't bother us, but missing parts do). Thanks!

traliduster2
March 11th, 2010, 06:56 PM
Getting excited! I am starting to gather stuff for the pre run. i must have my water and snacks!!!!!

Brody
March 12th, 2010, 06:08 AM
I'm out, gotta work :( Can somebody do me a favor though please, and take a lots of pictures/video of the rock slab and any of the trouble spots (and also if there's a bypass). I'd like to make the main run without ripping stuff off (scratches don't bother us, but missing parts do). Thanks!

I am going to be driving this with a Volvo 245i mentality. I actually wheeled the Volvo quite a bit getting to and from rock climbs, so I should be able to come up with an idea of whether or not your rig can do it. All things I can think of right off the bat is dragging bumpers on the approach or descent from the rock slab, which is all of 12 feet long.

SubaCool
March 12th, 2010, 09:44 AM
All things I can think of right off the bat is dragging bumpers on the approach or descent from the rock slab, which is all of 12 feet long.
I just don't wanna get down that slab just to get stuck on my bumper at the bottom, or hit it and set my airbags off :thunb:

Worst comes to worse, I can have somebody winch me down... or better yet, take off the bumpers and leave them at the top :lmao: Hmm, there's an idea... :rolleyes:

Smash
March 12th, 2010, 09:46 AM
I just don't wanna get down that slab just to get stuck on my bumper at the bottom, or hit it and set my airbags off :thunb:

Worst comes to worse, I can have somebody winch me down... or better yet, take off the bumpers and leave them at the top :lmao: Hmm, there's an idea... :rolleyes:

I'll have my camera ready! :lol:

Fordguy77
March 13th, 2010, 05:27 PM

Pull the air bag relay?

traliduster2
March 13th, 2010, 06:43 PM
I hope you alll made your trip back home safely. I made it home and pulled the d-shaft out it does not look bad but there is a new one in order. the u-joint is toast. It also started to rub threw on the ears of it. I might as well just get a new one. Hopefully It can be done before the aniversary run. I had a blast and It was great meeting you all for the first time. Cant wait for the next run in a few weeks.

Brody
March 14th, 2010, 03:32 AM
Thanks! I am glad to hear that you made it back to your house fine!

SubaCool
March 14th, 2010, 03:48 AM
Pull the air bag relay?
My airbag light is on, so it shouldn't deploy anyways.

On a second though, that might be why it's on. Gotta see if I can replace the relay, see if that fixes the light being on... Thanks! :thunb:

Fordguy77
March 14th, 2010, 01:17 PM
My airbag light is on, so it shouldn't deploy anyways.

On a second though, that might be why it's on. Gotta see if I can replace the relay, see if that fixes the light being on... Thanks! :thunb:

Glad that i helped ya out without even tryin! Nice when things work out like that. The only reason i said that is because i had to mess with the steering column in kateys parents van, and i didnt wanna get hit in the face with an airbag.

scout man
March 14th, 2010, 11:30 PM
An airbag light can also be triggered if your steering wheel is currently 360 degrees off. Not sure if this applies for you or not, but if you have had your steering apart, like removed the drag link (or whatever linkage it has) and rotated it around incidentally before you re-assembled it can cause that problem. Like I said, might not be applicable to you, but maybe. Not even sure your steering setup, if it rack an pinion that might not apply either. not sure if this was helpful.

SubaCool
March 15th, 2010, 02:36 AM
An airbag light can also be triggered if your steering wheel is currently 360 degrees off. Not sure if this applies for you or not, but if you have had your steering apart, like removed the drag link (or whatever linkage it has) and rotated it around incidentally before you re-assembled it can cause that problem. Like I said, might not be applicable to you, but maybe. Not even sure your steering setup, if it rack an pinion that might not apply either. not sure if this was helpful.
Interesting thought, but highly unlikely in my case ;)

scout man
March 15th, 2010, 09:37 AM
Interesting thought, but highly unlikely in my case ;)
cool, thats what I figured.

dr350jja
March 16th, 2010, 10:50 PM
The clock-spring under the steering wheel can set the air bag light. Need to check trouble codes to see what's up.

SubaCool
March 17th, 2010, 02:33 AM
Need to check trouble codes to see what's up.
Yeah, I know, I'm just too lazy :D I don't like dealing with Mike Shaw Subaru and all the other dealerships are too far away. But there's a shop nearby where I know the owner, I just need to find time to take it there ;)

BlueMoonMobile
March 17th, 2010, 03:54 AM
I hope you alll made your trip back home safely. I made it home and pulled the d-shaft out it does not look bad but there is a new one in order. the u-joint is toast. It also started to rub threw on the ears of it. I might as well just get a new one. Hopefully It can be done before the aniversary run. I had a blast and It was great meeting you all for the first time. Cant wait for the next run in a few weeks.

Great to meet you too!! Thanks for the CB pointers! Hope the dodge comes together for you soon...you would be missed at the China Run.