PDA

View Full Version : Adopt-a-Trail 2010 Leaders

Chris
February 19th, 2010, 05:50 PM
Front Range 4x4 has adopted both Barbour Fork & Devil's Canyon in cooperation with Brant Wobig and the Forest Service. We have had a good turnout on the cleanups of these trails and have donated more hours than most clubs last year. I confirmed with Brant today that we intend to continue taking care of these trails this year.

Cleanup Leader guide:
1) Contact Brant and tell him the date for the run. Plan to be at the FS building in Idaho Springs at 9 a.m.
2) Set it up as a trail run on the calendar
3) Hound people until you have lots of them signed up to go. (A week before the run, it's a good idea to check back in with Brant and confirm we'll be there.)
4) Show up, fill our forms, listen to a brief talk from Brant.
5) Head to the trail and start picking up trash, all the while having some fun.
6) Make sure it runs later than planned, then all go to BeauJo's for pizza.

2010 Trails Cleanup Leaders:

Ash/Smash - 1st Devil's Canyon
Rob/DrOldUnit - 1st Barbour Fork
Pete/Brody - 2nd devil's Canyon
Stephanie & Hugh/Pathrat & Gatemonkey penciled in - 2nd Barbour Fork.

Chris
March 25th, 2010, 09:20 PM
I have the Adopt-a-Road Agreement in hand and will mail tomorrow so we're now committed.

Both areas open June 15th assuming weather permits. Rob & Ash have agreed to lead the first cleanup on each. It's probably not too early to plan when you guys want to do these. I'll PM Brants email/phone so you can coordinate with him. Keep in mind that he's a busy man and setting a date also requires him to agree since he has to give his talk to everyone prior to the first trip.

:frontrange4x4:

Pathrat
March 25th, 2010, 10:31 PM
Read. Thinking early September/late August for clean up #2. We will confirm with Brant and post up with the info later.

Rob
March 25th, 2010, 10:43 PM
I'll shoot for setting up the first BF cleanup in late June or mid-July (after the Fourth, of course). Ash, do want to try to coordinate BF and DC the same day?

Smash
March 26th, 2010, 07:48 AM
Hey Rob, I have no idea. I've never run either trail, nor hosted a cleanup (obviously). Just jumping in! Good to run same day, or is there too much work to be done?

Chris, can you PM me Brad's contact info?

BlueMoonMobile
March 26th, 2010, 10:53 AM
This will be posted on the calendar right??

Smash
March 26th, 2010, 10:54 AM
I will absolutely. Have not chosen a date yet.

Pathrat
March 26th, 2010, 08:56 PM
I'll shoot for setting up the first BF cleanup in late June or mid-July (after the Fourth, of course). Ash, do want to try to coordinate BF and DC the same day?

I will be interested in when you do your clean up so I can set a well-timed second clean up. If you do the 4th, I imagine I would do mine after Labor Day.

Smash
April 3rd, 2010, 09:26 AM
Hey Rob, sent you a pm a while back about dates, never heard back.....

Rob
April 3rd, 2010, 06:10 PM
Hey Rob, sent you a pm a while back about dates, never heard back.....

Huh. I sent you a rather long reply. Wonder what happened to it.

Smash
April 3rd, 2010, 07:55 PM
Dang. Lost in the internet. If you still have it, resend?

Chris
May 19th, 2010, 09:37 AM
Rob, Pete, Stephanie & Ash - Brant Wobig has your names as the people leading the cleanups of Barbour Fork & Devil's Canyon for this season.

Contact him directly to set a date for these trails, the first ones are obviously more important to establish early than the second/later ones.

:frontrange4x4:

Smash
May 19th, 2010, 09:37 AM
Great Chris! Thanks for getting our info over to him. I will reconnect with Rob on this.

Rob
May 19th, 2010, 09:42 PM
OK, I'm looking at Saturday, June 26, for the first Barbour Fork cleanup run. Can I get an "Amen, brother"?

Patrolman
May 20th, 2010, 09:30 PM
I was hoping that I didn't miss this. Work and "life" has had me SWAMPED. I really want to make the time as it is a great cause and a wonderful area to spend a day in! Looking forward to it in June! :)

"Amen, brother" ;)

Rob
May 20th, 2010, 09:54 PM
Hallelujah!

I just e-mail Brant to see of June 26 will work. If he gives the go-ahead, I'll post it as an official trail run.

I think I'll bring the 40 on this run. It hasn't done BF yet.

Smash
May 21st, 2010, 07:48 AM
Rob and I agree running both trails on the same day would work out great, so I'll be getting a hold of Brant to work out Devil's Canyon on the 26th as well. Once I confirm with him, will get it on the calendar!

CR
May 21st, 2010, 08:43 AM
Awe man.
Can't make it. I've got a wedding to go to the night before.
My own.:D Maybe the later ones will work out.

Smash
May 21st, 2010, 08:46 AM
Bwahahahaha, yeah I think that's a good reason to NOT make it! :lol:

Chris
May 21st, 2010, 09:15 AM
Awe man.

Where are your priorities CR!

:lmao:

Rob
May 21st, 2010, 12:56 PM
My own

I think a trail cleanup run is about the best way you can start a honeymoon. :thunb:

Pathrat
May 21st, 2010, 11:49 PM
I am thinking mine should be after Labor day if possible...or at least sometime towards the end of August.

Rob
May 22nd, 2010, 05:41 PM
Got the OK from Brant for the 26th, so the first Barbour Fork cleanup run is on the calendar. I hope to see some new faces on this year's run. As much as I like the old faces (and I hope they sign up, too), we don't want just the usual suspects doing all the lion's share of trail cleanups.

Looks like Ash will be setting up the Devil's Canyon cleanup run the same day. It's less challenging than BF, but has great scenery. You can also finish up DC fairly quickly (particularly since we're not erecting any signs this year) and then take a run at BF, which we did on the first cleanup run last year.

We'll need folks to step up for both runs.

scout man
May 23rd, 2010, 05:24 PM
I will help you out Rob if at all possible. As usual if there is work that weekend, then I am out though.

Rob
May 23rd, 2010, 10:00 PM
I will help you out Rob if at all possible. As usual if there is work that weekend, then I am out though.

Thanks, Steve. It's on the calendar, so could you RSVP as a maybe, or even a tentative yes?

Smash
May 24th, 2010, 08:49 AM
Alrighty, the DC run is up! Like Rob said, it's an easier trail. Once that is done, I'll be heading to BF to help out.

scout man
May 24th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Thanks, Steve. It's on the calendar, so could you RSVP as a maybe, or even a tentative yes?

yup, my bad, didnt see it there.

Aaron
July 28th, 2010, 01:28 PM
Should we get the second cleanup on the calendar soon? My (personal) calendar fills up fast so I'd like it to be full of runs :)

Chris
July 28th, 2010, 01:42 PM
I know Gatemonkey/Pathrat are communicating with Brant about this and believe Brody will attempt to coordinate the other trail at the same time.

Pathrat
July 28th, 2010, 02:44 PM
Unofficially we are looking at September 18. Brandt wanted a clean up after Labor Day and we are waiting to hear back from him. Sorry Brody, should have sent you a message this week detailing this. :redface: