PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Anniversary Run Food Part II- final cut!

Pathrat
March 4th, 2010, 10:07 PM
As of today, March 16, we have at around 70 people RSVP'd as YES and a number of maybes.

WE NEED ENOUGH FOR AT LEAST 70 PEOPLE PLEASE!

Here is what we need:
More chips...two more bags DONE!
One more potato/macaroni salad/baked beans type stuff...one more person to sign up DONE!
One bottle of relish...hot dogs without relish, IMO, suck I will bring
People have signed up to maybe bring chili/jalapeno/misc stuff. Please confirm yes and for how many people
Did I forget anything?

IF you have to back out, let me know so we can get things covered.

Thank you
Updates on sign-ups:
Hugh and Stephanie: 60 hot dogs and two grills to cook them on
Chris and Brody: 60 hot dog buns
Mporter: 5 bags chips
RedRhino- at least 60 paper plates
DrOldUnit: paper towels AND choco-chip cookies
Winky: Ho-ho's or other such mixes of lard and sugar (save me one!)
Greenmachine: potato salad
Rusty- lots of miscellaneous goodies
DirtClaude: utensils, bottle each ketchup and mustard
Foxtrot: Boatload of Brownies
Zatticus: 2 bags chips, pack of cheese slices
cr89yota: 1 each tater & mac. salad, coleslaw

Zatticus
March 4th, 2010, 10:13 PM
I can get the two more bags of chips.

What are your guys' preferences?
:)

CR
March 5th, 2010, 07:51 AM
I will chime in on the tater salad/ mac salad/ beans.
I can bring enough for everyone. Hows 1 of each sound? Big ones of course.
I haven't RSVP'ed yet because if it snows, I can't be there. But will still send food with one of the Robs if that is the case.:)

foxtrot
March 5th, 2010, 07:58 AM
I will bring enough for everyone as far as brownies. so just let me know how many we have

Andrew
March 5th, 2010, 08:28 AM
Do we have any burgers? Because I don't eat hot dogs.

Chris
March 5th, 2010, 08:29 AM
Not yet ;)

Zatticus
March 5th, 2010, 08:29 AM
I think I remember seeing somebody bringing meat for burgers.
I hope so,
I've been craving real burgers for a while.
D;

scout man
March 5th, 2010, 08:33 AM
I will brings some burgers if someone else brings buns... and CHEESE!! For now put me down for 30 burgers, but I might up that if no one else steps up

Andrew
March 5th, 2010, 08:34 AM
Well if I need to, I can bring some burgers.

Zatticus
March 5th, 2010, 08:35 AM
Put me on for A pack of Cheese Slices.
American alright?
Or whatever normal kraft cheese slices are.
D;

scout man
March 5th, 2010, 08:37 AM
American alright

works for me

Zatticus
March 5th, 2010, 08:38 AM
Alright then.
Put me down for a pack of Cheese,
And two bags of Chips.

Chris
March 5th, 2010, 08:43 AM
American alright?

Cheddar is better. ;)

Zatticus
March 5th, 2010, 08:52 AM
Fine fine fine.
Put me down for One pack of american
and one pack of cheddar.

Rob
March 5th, 2010, 04:10 PM
Put me down for One pack of american
and one pack of cheddar.

What, no swiss? :D

Zatticus
March 5th, 2010, 04:11 PM
Eww, Swiss cheese on burgers?

You can bring that one yourself.
;p

Rob
March 5th, 2010, 04:17 PM
Eww, Swiss cheese on burgers?

Philistine. :)

Chris
March 5th, 2010, 04:18 PM
I like swiss too Rob but sometimes it's just too much to ask of the yellow cheese crowd.

Rob
March 5th, 2010, 04:20 PM
I like swiss too Rob but sometimes it's just too much to ask of the yellow cheese crowd.

I like Murcan cheese on grilled cheese sandwiches (comfort food), but that's about it. :thunb:

Zatticus
March 5th, 2010, 04:24 PM
I like pepperjack cheese mixed with american on my grilled cheese.

I just like cheese though.
;p

But not swiss on my burgers.
Unless theres plenty of grilled onions to go along with it.
then its alright.

Brody
March 5th, 2010, 04:27 PM
Yeah, let's get a few more people bringing some food! If you don't know what to bring, simply figure that it is essentially an outdoor BBQ, so toss in some salad, chips, dip, hamburgers, buns, hot dogs, baked beans, small dogs or cats that irritate you (sans hair, of course), chicken wings, potato salad, cookies, brownies, cobbler, pie ...any BBQ stuff. That is what I have been telling the people I talk to that aren't members , but may be coming as guests.

Speaking of which, these not guests are not going to entering any drawings for goodies...that is strictly for the Front Range people...

Zatticus
March 5th, 2010, 04:36 PM
Speaking of which, these not guests are not going to entering any drawings for goodies...that is strictly for the Front Range people...

woo!
More prizes for us.
:D

Chris
March 5th, 2010, 04:56 PM

Except kids stuff which will go to members kids of course. Anyone that feels they qualify as both can plead their case to Pete.

foxtrot
March 5th, 2010, 05:28 PM
I don't care what kind of cheese, lol. I just love cheese :)

Zatticus
March 5th, 2010, 05:32 PM
There we go,
I have to agree with you all the way Brad.

But what are your guys' opinions on chips?

I'm getting two bags of those too.
;p

foxtrot
March 5th, 2010, 05:37 PM
bbq is always a winner. sou cream and onion seems to be very popular also. I guess I'm not the best person to ask, I'll eat pretty much anything. except lettuce tomato, mustard and mayo :frontrange4x4:

Fordguy77
March 5th, 2010, 05:41 PM
i vote for jalapeno cheddar chips

Zatticus
March 5th, 2010, 05:42 PM
What about Ketchup chips?
aha.

I'll eat any,
nevermind/
D;

I'm a picky eater.
But I'll atleast eat lettuce and mustard

Pathrat
March 5th, 2010, 10:18 PM
Thank you everyone, I will update the first post. I really appreciate you guys saying how many you are bringing. Just keep checking and counting heads. :)

About burgers. If you want them, you bring them and bring something to cook them on. We aren't cooking those. Why? I am rigid and don't like change.
No, really, it is because it was a total PITA last year to try to do both on our two camp grills with all the dogs. So whoever does not eat hot dogs will have to figure out something for themselves.

Andrew
March 5th, 2010, 10:22 PM
Swiss is good. American (Kraft) is crap. Seriously. And cheddar is good, but pretty much anything less than Tillamook sharp is crap IMO.

I'm picky with cheese.

Pathrat
March 5th, 2010, 10:25 PM
so far we have around 40 people, at least, right?

and Chris, thanks for closing the other thread :smile:

KnuckleHead
March 5th, 2010, 10:27 PM
What about drinks? Soda,water,juice.. etc.? I can bring some if need be....

Andrew
March 5th, 2010, 10:28 PM
Thank you everyone, I will update the first post. I really appreciate you guys saying how many you are bringing. Just keep checking and counting heads. :)

About burgers. If you want them, you bring them and bring something to cook them on. We aren't cooking those. Why? I am rigid and don't like change.
No, really, it is because it was a total PITA last year to try to do both on our two camp grills with all the dogs. So whoever does not eat hot dogs will have to figure out something for themselves.

If that's the case, would anyone care if I just bring a sandwich and crap and do my own thing?

I seriously can't do hot dogs, they literally will make me puke, and nobody wants that.

Pathrat
March 5th, 2010, 10:36 PM
Just don't eat the hot dogs, eat what you want and bring what you want. Why would anyone care if you want to do that? It is like if someone was vegetarian or something. I would tell them fine, bring your own stuff, no big deal. I just don't want to cook it. :)

Chris
March 5th, 2010, 10:48 PM
Personally I think it's repulsive stuff but I'll bring the relish. If you prefer a specific brand please tell me.

Pathrat
March 5th, 2010, 11:01 PM
Personally I think it's repulsive stuff but I'll bring the relish.

Do we have any relish connoisseurs who can help me out here before Chris decides to bring Rufus's Revolting Relish?

Kidding :D

Andrew
March 5th, 2010, 11:05 PM
I can cook my own burgers, but I don't want to bother bringing all my camping gear just to cook a burger.

Chris
March 5th, 2010, 11:07 PM
IIRC a couple people said they'd bring grills. :confused:

Rob
March 5th, 2010, 11:14 PM
And cheddar is good, but pretty much anything less than Tillamook sharp is crap IMO.

Ah, then you've never had Dutch Reypenear VSOP. :thunb: Of course, it's a little too pricey to put on humble hamburgers. It's best savored with 34° Natural Crispbread.

Andrew
March 6th, 2010, 06:57 AM
Ah, then you've never had Dutch Reypenear VSOP. :thunb: Of course, it's a little too pricey to put on humble hamburgers. It's best savored with 34° Natural Crispbread.

Well I wouldn't qualify that as "less than" Tillamook. ;)

scout man
March 6th, 2010, 08:15 AM
I am bringing burgers, IF someone else is brining a grill that they will dedicate to burgers. I dont have room in my ride for a grill, and have no intention of brinnig one. If someone says they will have a grill for burgers, then I will bring burgers.

Rusty
March 6th, 2010, 10:43 AM
I thought i remembered someone saying they would be bringing an (extra) grill, greenmachine maybe? If thats the case can I cook some food on said grill, im bringing a ton of food but only have my mini weber?

transplant87
March 6th, 2010, 10:44 AM
ok put me down for 3 tubs of tato salad and a log of hamburger and i dont have a small grill to bring, my dad wont let me use his big grill ( ill bug him till he says yes, and if not ill find 1 to bring)

foxtrot
March 9th, 2010, 07:09 PM
could I get a person count once we get closer to the date. i counted around 60 people so far but I'm probably wrong somehow :)

SRT08BUS
March 9th, 2010, 08:06 PM
What do we need most for food, I'll take that!

Zatticus
March 9th, 2010, 08:12 PM
wait, so do we have a grill for burgers?
If there is not any burgers, then there is no need for cheese
D;

I want burgers.
/;

foxtrot
March 9th, 2010, 08:26 PM
cheese is always welcome :D

Zatticus
March 9th, 2010, 08:33 PM
Goodpoint.
;p

Good on hotdogs too,
and excellent just to eat.
; )

Chris
March 9th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Do a search of this thread, I did and nobody is bringing a grill

Zatticus
March 9th, 2010, 08:37 PM
nobody is bringing a grill

Thats what I'm afraid of.
D;

Pathrat
March 9th, 2010, 09:28 PM
What do we need most for food, I'll take that!

As of today, it looks like we will have enough for everyone, given what people have signed up for. Maybe you could pick someone to help out. For example, DirtClaude is bringing utensils, RedRhino paper plates...you could augment their contributions or pick something else to add to.

Mporter
March 9th, 2010, 10:28 PM
I thought Stephanie and Hugh were bringing some grills, I could be wrong on this and have believed I saw a post like that.....

Dont shoot me Path

Rob
March 9th, 2010, 10:35 PM
I thought Stephanie and Hugh were bringing some grills, I could be wrong on this and have believed I saw a post like that.....

Dont shoot me Path

They're bringing gas grills only for the hot dogs. She won't shoot you. But, as noted in another post, she carries scalpels in her rig. :eek:

Pathrat
March 9th, 2010, 10:39 PM
DrOldUnit is right, on all counts. :smokin:

Grills for the 60 or so hot dogs, no room for other stuff, sorry.

Mporter
March 9th, 2010, 10:40 PM
Haha, i knew I read it somewhere

Chris
March 9th, 2010, 10:40 PM
Dont shoot me Path

That's the equivalent of a "don't kick me" sign.

Mporter
March 9th, 2010, 10:41 PM
That's the equivalent of a "don't kick me" sign.

new smily?

Pathrat
March 9th, 2010, 10:43 PM
Oh come on, we don't need a little hands-in-the-air smiley, do we? :lmao:

transplant87
March 9th, 2010, 11:36 PM
as i said in my last post i will be bringing a grill. im lookin at buyin 1 for the run so i will have a grill or if some1 in aurora has 1 i can put it in the truck and haul it up

Zatticus
March 10th, 2010, 08:11 AM
woo!
Burgers are on again.

Thanks Keith, ; D

Andrew
March 10th, 2010, 08:33 AM
Okay if burgers are on, what should I bring for burgers? I don't mind cookin them - I make a pretty good burger. I can bring burgers and some seasoning, buns, cheese.

scout man
March 10th, 2010, 08:35 AM
want to split burgers with me? I was just going to pick up some frozen patty's, since it is WAY easier for out on a trail. I'll bring half and you bring half? Then someone still needs to grab buns I think.

Zatticus
March 10th, 2010, 08:43 AM
i got cheese, so theres no need to bring that,
But what kind of cheese would you guys like me to get?
Since yellow seems to not be good enough for you.
;p

scout man
March 10th, 2010, 08:44 AM
whatever you bring is exactly that I want! :thunb:

Zatticus
March 10th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Haha,
American and Cheddar fine for both of you then?
; D

Andrew
March 10th, 2010, 09:15 AM
want to split burgers with me? I was just going to pick up some frozen patty's, since it is WAY easier for out on a trail. I'll bring half and you bring half? Then someone still needs to grab buns I think.

That sounds good - I don't know how many we would need and I was also going to just do frozen pattys.

Haha,
American and Cheddar fine for both of you then?
; D

I prefer Tillamook Sharp Cheddar. They come in slices. If you don't want to get that, I will get it myself because I love that stuff.

Do we have condiments and such coming?

Onion?

Zatticus
March 10th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Never had it, I'll let you get that, And then try some.

SRT08BUS
March 10th, 2010, 09:45 AM
I can do hamburger buns, what would be a good #?

foxtrot
March 10th, 2010, 10:55 PM
I prefer Tillamook Sharp Cheddar. They come in slices. If you don't want to get that, I will get it myself because I love that stuff.

Do we have condiments and such coming?

Onion?

best cheese ever. no argument

foxtrot
March 10th, 2010, 10:56 PM
I can do hamburger buns, what would be a good #?

last count was 65 people, but I assume that not everyone will be eating everything :)

WINKY
March 11th, 2010, 12:29 AM
you know what would have made this alot simpler is put a poll together and make it public.list all the food wanted or brought and have someone vote for what they are bringing. this way everyone can look see who is bringing what and no confusion.

the thread that was prior to this one had 3 people bringing grills... one was bringing 2.... now we only have one..... WTF.....?:D

for example

http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?8921-test-thread-for-food-example

just a thought :D

Pathrat
March 11th, 2010, 09:25 PM
Thanks for the suggestion Randy. Maybe next year you can help implement it.

We have everyone signed up for the necessities and the people who signed up know what they are bringing and it has been suggested they keep an eye on the count. Seems like everything is set up and ready to go, and if someone has to drop out, I am sure they will tell me and I will ask for a volunteer to take their place. Has everyone who signed up to bring stuff have any question?

The whole hamburger grill thing is being set up by a few people who seem to have it handled.

Pathrat
March 11th, 2010, 09:31 PM
the thread that was prior to this one had 3 people bringing grills... one was bringing 2.... now we only have one..... WTF.....?

If people want to bring grills for whatever, they can figure it out on their own and bring what they want.

Hot dogs, what to cook the dogs on, and all accoutrements are covered. Anything extra is up to whomever wants to provide the extras.

scout man
March 11th, 2010, 10:04 PM
so do we for sure have a grill for burgers? I am not spending money on burgers if we dont have a way to cook them.

Rob
March 11th, 2010, 10:05 PM
so do we for sure have a grill for burgers? I am not spending money on burgers if we dont have a way to cook them.

Check with Greenmachine. I recall Keith posting that he'd find a grill to bring.

scout man
March 11th, 2010, 10:11 PM
greenmachine? any grill coming for sure?

Chris
March 11th, 2010, 10:12 PM
Manifold cooking time Rob!

Rob
March 11th, 2010, 10:13 PM

Only if Charlie's coming. :thunb:

Mporter
March 12th, 2010, 06:44 AM

I guess we could use the hot dogs on the engine and burgers on the grill :lol:

MissyJ
March 13th, 2010, 07:57 PM
ok...I've been out of the loop...tell me what to bring and I'm on it..Ya'll are just as picky as little kids!!! lol;)

WINKY
March 13th, 2010, 08:36 PM
ok...I've been out of the loop...tell me what to bring and I'm on it..Ya'll are just as picky as little kids!!! lol;)

bring me a million dollars and a huey. then we will be good.:D

MissyJ
March 13th, 2010, 09:31 PM
Little high maintenance are we??? lol I figure I'll just bring a bunch of crap and either it works or it doesn't!! lol ;)

transplant87
March 13th, 2010, 09:52 PM
yes greenmachine is hot on finding a grill to bring

MissyJ
March 13th, 2010, 09:55 PM
Guessin the focus is on burgers now huh? lol I saw something about onions???Suppose maters is on the list????? Possibly rabbit food??? Damn. gotta go raid the neighbors garden now...:rolleyes:

Pathrat
March 13th, 2010, 10:00 PM
Little high maintenance are we??? lol I figure I'll just bring a bunch of crap and either it works or it doesn't!! lol ;)

You got it! :fing: :smile:

WINKY
March 14th, 2010, 01:53 AM
Possibly rabbit food???

I like rabbit food, amongst other rabbit activities....

Haku
March 14th, 2010, 03:18 AM
A bit late to the party on this one....but I'd be happy to bring a large batch of my Chicken Chili. I also have a grill I can bring along, just have to get some propane for it. Its easy to transport since the legs come off, so all we'd have to do is find a flat place to set it. Its not huge, but could hold a sizable number of hotdogs. If people don't want Chili, I could make a big batch of Taco meat and bring some fixings to go along with that too.

JH

Brody
March 14th, 2010, 04:57 AM
Please make a note of the trail change from Metberry Gulch to China Wall due to the snow conditions on Metberry.

Just bring a batch of your Chicken Chili Josh. People don't want it, like the people who don't eat hot dogs, can figure out something else to eat. My guess is that almost anything you bring is going to get eaten.

There are simply too many people going to try to cater to individual tastes. People who don't like hot dogs, hamburgers, meat products, vegetarian food, lardcakes, milk, Coke, Pepsi, chips, baked beans, potato salad, or anything else that is normally around at an outdoor cookout gathering will just have to do what they normally do and bring stuff that they like to eat.....and bring enough to share...Bottom line: people will either eat it and like it or not eat it and wonder what they have been missing.

Pathrat
March 14th, 2010, 10:03 AM
There are simply too many people going to try to cater to individual tastes. People who don't like hot dogs, hamburgers, meat products, vegetarian food, lardcakes, milk, Coke, Pepsi, chips, baked beans, potato salad, or anything else that is normally around at an outdoor cookout gathering will just have to do what they normally do and bring stuff that they like to eat.....and bring enough to share...Bottom line: people will either eat it and like it or not eat it and wonder what they have been missing.

X2 X2 X2 X2 X2!

However, we did do our best to accomodate anyone who keeps Kosher by buying Hebrew National hot dogs.

Haku- might want to bring bowls for your chili. Thanks.

Roostercruiser
March 14th, 2010, 11:15 AM
just let me know what else you need path. i can bring burners and a table

WINKY
March 14th, 2010, 11:17 AM
X2 X2 X2 X2 X2!

However, we did do our best to accomodate anyone who keeps Kosher by buying Hebrew National hot dogs.

Haku- might want to bring bowls for your chili. Thanks.

I LOVE HEBREW NATIONAL DOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scout man
March 14th, 2010, 11:19 AM
if you bringing your grill josh, lets go ahead and make that a hamburger grill, and I will take that as a go-ahead for buying the patty's I am bringing. That way Andrew and I dont buy all these pattys and get there to find we dont a have a way to grill them.

Brody
March 14th, 2010, 12:45 PM
if you bringing your grill josh, lets go ahead and make that a hamburger grill, and I will take that as a go-ahead for buying the patty's I am bringing. That way Andrew and I dont buy all these pattys and get there to find we dont a have a way to grill them.

It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to bring a grill that you can use over a campfire, too. I might have one and I will look at my junk to see. Last year we had a couple of nice fires going.

Pathrat
March 14th, 2010, 09:23 PM
I LOVE HEBREW NATIONAL DOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I figured you for a good wiener man!

(:lmao: :lmao:)

Pathrat
March 14th, 2010, 10:30 PM
just let me know what else you need path. i can bring burners and a table

A table would be great Roland, thanks!

Rob
March 14th, 2010, 10:34 PM
A table would be great Roland, thanks!

And a table that seats 40 might even fit in that Suburban of his. ;)

MissyJ
March 15th, 2010, 10:18 PM
lol...Nice:lmao:

Haku
March 15th, 2010, 10:22 PM
Scoutman,

Sounds good dude. I can dig burgers too. Not much of hotdog guy myself (I'll eat brats though.......since I like em big;)). Since I'm bringing Chili too, someone feel like providing the propane? I doubt we will use a whole tanks worth, so just grabbing the one off your grill at home should do the task as long as its fullish.

Cheers,

Josh

WINKY
March 15th, 2010, 10:43 PM
I figured you for a good wiener man!

(:lmao: :lmao:)

im a meat curtain man!:lmao:

MissyJ
March 15th, 2010, 10:58 PM
I like rabbit food, amongst other rabbit activities....

And yet they dub you "Winky" instead of "Thumper" Hmmmmm :lol:

WINKY
March 16th, 2010, 12:52 AM
And yet they dub you "Winky" instead of "Thumper" Hmmmmm :lol:

i do like rabbit food. And hey i do drive a BIG truck for a reason. BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!

ild let old dr unit explain my name...

Watch out for butterflies and pool pumps!

Kepi
March 16th, 2010, 01:06 PM
I will bring some turkey hot dogs and buns since I don't do pork, and some relish and ice... is anyone bringing drinks or is it BYOD??

Smash
March 16th, 2010, 01:19 PM
Bring your own beverages!

Pathrat
March 16th, 2010, 09:42 PM
It looks like we have a lot of people coming. To those of you who have volunteered to bring food, please check the total people against what you are bringing, pretty please.

http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?8996-MORE-NEEDED-FOR-27TH&p=93299#post93299