PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Annual Anniversary Run March 27th - Part II

Chris
March 5th, 2010, 08:38 AM
This is the official posting of the 2nd Annual Front Range 4x4 Anniversary Run. We'll run the trail and have lunch with grills & good food, plenty of time to meet other folks and have our giveaway at lunch. Family friendly, bring your kids, dogs & good attitude!

Meeting Place: Safeway/Starbucks Conifer

Meeting Time: 8:30 AMDirections: Hwy 285>Conifer Parkway> Safeway/Starbucks Parking Lot

CB Channel: 4

This is an easy trail so everyone can attend. Pure stock trucks are fine.

Link to Last Year: http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/...ht=anniversary (http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?4362-China-Wall-1st-Anniversary-Run&highlight=anniversary)

Link to Additional Info : http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=209 (http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=209)

Please remember to contact vendors for donations and stickers and to bring your unwanted 4x or camping related items for the raffle giveaway.

Please RSVP so we know you'll be there!

Link to RSVP: http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/...=2010-3-27&c=1 (http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=165&day=2010-3-27&c=1) Right now we have 22 trucks & 33 people and a bunch listed as "maybe." Time to commit people, we need to know how many to plan for.

4Runner3Wheeler, BlackRubi, Brody, Chris, Dirt Claude, DrOldUnit, foxtrot, Haku, JaBeep, Jamie, Metalhed, one wheel drive, Pathrat, Rusty, sanddawg, Smash, SRT08BUS, SubaCool, sunk, tonkatoy, Trailrat99XJ, WINKY

Rob
March 5th, 2010, 04:14 PM
I found some pics of the spots that might give stock rigs trouble, not including Chicken Scratch Hill and the slab.

foxtrot
March 5th, 2010, 05:33 PM
I think that second pic is the corner my friend was talking about. maybe i'll have the yota up before then. that way metbery can be my testing grounds :D

Fordguy77
March 5th, 2010, 05:37 PM
Does anyone think a 91 stock ranger can do it in 2wd? Ive got a working limited slip, at least it works in the rain, its got the 4.0l v6 with a 5 spd... i am tryinig to fix the 4x4 but i am not sure if i will get it done.

foxtrot
March 5th, 2010, 05:39 PM
I don't know about getting back up that rock slab. I was watching some videos of people slipping a little in 4wd. everyone made it but I doubt it in 2wd. time for some winching :)

Fordguy77
March 5th, 2010, 05:42 PM
I don't know about getting back up that rock slab. I was watching some videos of people slipping a little in 4wd. everyone made it but I doubt it in 2wd. time for some winching :)

i wish it was wrenching!!! its damn electronics....

Funrover
March 5th, 2010, 06:06 PM
I did that corner in a %100 stock rig. It is fine!! We will have Jessica's stock Rover if we can make it!

Fordguy77
March 5th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Alright i am gonna go for it then, just hope i dont get sent to bridger wyo before the run!

Fordguy77
March 5th, 2010, 06:21 PM
i am hoping the 5 spd will make up for something

Rob
March 5th, 2010, 06:43 PM
I did that corner in a %100 stock rig. It is fine!!

Yeah, I was bone stock, too. The long uphill section from the river, though, might be tough for those without 4wd or low, particularly Chicken Scratch Hill.

Chris
March 5th, 2010, 08:21 PM
There will be plenty of straps and winches and a great group of spotters that won't leave anyone stranded.

Bring what you have. ;)

DirtyLarry
March 5th, 2010, 08:22 PM
Sure wish I could go and met you all. Take lots of pics!

SubaCool
March 5th, 2010, 11:18 PM
Bring what you have.
That's the plan :thunb:

Brody
March 6th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Yeah, I was bone stock, too. The long uphill section from the river, though, might be tough for those without 4wd or low, particularly Chicken Scratch Hill.

I wasn't aware that anyone was bringing anything that didn't have 4WD or at least AWD.

If you are considering doing this trail in a 2WD rig, please reconsider. It simply is not a 2WD trail and bringing a 2WD rig on a 4WD trail is just going to be really inconsiderate or the rest of the people on this run.

There will be plenty of straps and winches and a great group of spotters that won't leave anyone stranded.

You wont be stranded for sure, but you will really inconvenience the 99% of people who brought their 4WD or AWD and can do the trail without a winch or a strap. We specifically chose this trail to allow everyone here with a 4WD or AWD to be able to run it without problems.

If you do bring a 2WD for whatever reason, plan to leave it at the trailhead and get a ride with someone else. There will be plenty of seats available.

Fordguy77
March 6th, 2010, 06:50 PM
I wasn't aware that anyone was bringing anything that didn't have 4WD or at least AWD.

If you are considering doing this trail in a 2WD rig, please reconsider. It simply is not a 2WD trail and bringing a 2WD rig on a 4WD trail is just going to be really inconsiderate or the rest of the people on this run.

You wont be stranded for sure, but you will really inconvenience the 99% of people who brought their 4WD or AWD and can do the trail without a winch or a strap. We specifically chose this trail to allow everyone here with a 4WD or AWD to be able to run it without problems.

If you do bring a 2WD for whatever reason, plan to leave it at the trailhead and get a ride with someone else. There will be plenty of seats available.

If i brought the ranger before i fixed the 4x4 i was going to have the shift motor pulled off the transfercase so it could be shifted by hand if need to be. i would never bring something that couldn't engage 4x4 onto a trail.

Chris
March 6th, 2010, 07:04 PM
Looking at the pics I have to agree with Pete 100%. I thought it was much different than it now appears to be. 4WD only.

Brody
March 7th, 2010, 07:46 AM
Does anyone think a 91 stock ranger can do it in 2wd? Ive got a working limited slip, at least it works in the rain, its got the 4.0l v6 with a 5 spd... i am tryinig to fix the 4x4 but i am not sure if i will get it done.

Whereas I have managed to run this trail in a stock Madza pickup, it was more from not paying too much attention to where we were (we were going to go rock climbing. Getting there was secondary...) I would not recommend this to anyone, LS or not. By the time we found we were in the s***, we were really in the s***. We were climbing down by the river for two days, in fact doing a couple of the longest routes in the Platte (1300') on Big Rock Candy Mountain, the rock that you pass on the south side of. We just said screw it, let's do some climbing and figure out how to get out when we got done.

This was pre Hayman Fire, so the 4x4 trail was really a pretty healthy 4x trail, nothing like what it is now. We were very lucky to not have to leave the truck and walk out. We barely made it.

I wouldn't advise taking a 2WD anything on this run. Leave the 2WD at the trailhead and ride the rest of the way with someone else....or hook up with someone in town.

Pictures (to me) are areas where I don't think a stock rig is going to have trouble. It is a little bumpy there and taking a slightly wrong line will get a rear tire in the air, but no drama. SubaCool may tag the front bumper on his ride going up or down the rock step, but I would be betting that it wouldn't be the first time....

Smash
March 8th, 2010, 07:42 AM
Bwahaha, that corner is gonna be interesting in the 'burb!!!

sunk
March 8th, 2010, 08:18 AM
I ran this trail last summer, and would not reccommend it to any vehicle without 4wd, just because of chicken scratch hill, it is very steep and most of the time has ruts in it. Other than that this trail is pretty mild, the big boulder coming back up from the bottom is fun, I had a little wheel hop, but only cause' I have a heavy foot!:D

Sooo...is everone just following the leader is a long line?...I guess the pace will be on the slow side...

Chris
March 8th, 2010, 08:23 AM
That will be up to Pete, I suspect he'll break everyone into groups to keep everyone moving smoothly.

Zatticus
March 8th, 2010, 08:41 AM
If he breaks everybody up in groups, I want to get pictures and video of this,
Would anybody have a problem with me riding up there with the first group and riding back with the last?

On the trail,
Not to the meet

Haku
March 8th, 2010, 12:12 PM
I'm sure there will be ample opportunity for you to jump into a bunch of different rigs if you want to. Last year we did it in one big long group, and it wasn't too bad. As I recall, everyone came to the consensus that the groups would eventually just mash together anyways, so might as well just do it in one big long convoy. I'm fine with doing it however though. You still riding with me to the trail?

JH

Smash
March 8th, 2010, 12:16 PM
I think one big group sounds like fun! This is of course assuming everyone understands this will not be an event based on speed....

SubaCool
March 8th, 2010, 01:08 PM
This is of course assuming everyone understands this will not be an event based on speed....
Darn it, I was planning on rallying through it Collin McRae style :p :rolleyes:

Zatticus
March 8th, 2010, 01:15 PM
You still riding with me to the trail?
As long as you still don't mind.
:)

Andrew
March 8th, 2010, 03:44 PM
Changed my status to Yes. I will be there!

I should have at least one extra seat for anyone else who needs a ride. I can normally seat 4 but I have extra fluids and such taking up some room.

Andrew
March 8th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Also, after Moab, that rock slab looks flat lol.

Rob
March 8th, 2010, 10:06 PM
That will be up to Pete, I suspect he'll break everyone into groups to keep everyone moving smoothly.

We had something like 22 or 24 rigs on that Yankee Hill snow run a while back with Rising Sun, and it moved along snappily.

Brody
March 9th, 2010, 04:49 AM

OK....so how did the "up to Pete" happen? I thought all I was doing on this was getting the vendors stuff and other giveaway items together, a table set up for the vendor's cards, and bringing some buns...

Can do if needed...though I am not the ideal rig to be in front, especially on a run with a lot of stock vehicles. My thought would be to have someone familiar with the trail running a slightly modified or stock rig to be the person in front, not a set up lifted rig.

Chris
March 9th, 2010, 08:33 AM
so how did the "up to Pete" happen?

You created the run thread and posted it on the calendar, that gives you ownership. ;)

4runner freak
March 9th, 2010, 02:39 PM
Unfortunately, I'm going to be out of town.
An AWESOME list of Vendor giveaways too.
I'm sure it will be a blast.

Rusty
March 9th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Sorry to be a bother guys but if anyone can help me out with a link for directions to metburry from the north id really appreciate it, googles not cooperating with me.

Metalhed
March 9th, 2010, 06:44 PM
traildamage.com

Chris
March 9th, 2010, 07:11 PM
Sorry to be a bother guys but if anyone can help me out with a link for directions to metburry from the north id really appreciate it, googles not cooperating with me.

From the calendar:

NOTE: Simply DO NOT use the Traildamage directions to get to this trail. Their directions take at least a full hour longer on some not very scenic and certainly not very interesting dirt roads..

Rob
March 9th, 2010, 08:01 PM
My thought would be to have someone familiar with the trail running a slightly modified or stock rig to be the person in front, not a set up lifted rig.

I've done the trail once, the FJC's not too modified, and I tend to wheel fairly conservatively. I'll go first if no one else has a burning desire to.

Mporter
March 9th, 2010, 10:39 PM
So if I'm reading this correctly, the trail is near Deckers, but we're going to meet up in Conifer?

transplant87
March 9th, 2010, 11:48 PM
i agree with matt. that will take most people to far out. like me i get 7 miles to a gallon and that a lot of gas for me so maybe we should find somewhere better

Haku
March 9th, 2010, 11:58 PM
So if I'm reading this correctly, the trail is near Deckers, but we're going to meet up in Conifer?

hahaa....Last I checked, you have to drive through Conifer to get to Deckers. I could be wrong, but I've always taken the left turn at Pine Junction to get to that area. The Conifer Safeway is a mainstay of Front Range meeting places, so it works well enough. Gas Station there, place to get supplies, all of that. Not sure if the Colorado Springs crew will be taking a different direction or not.

Keith, you gonna make it from Denver to Conifer allright buddy? You can fill up there, and its probably that far again to the trailhead. The other option was to go to China Wall, which is even further away then Metberry.

JH

transplant87
March 10th, 2010, 12:01 AM
im not worried about filling up, i can hold 36 gallons and i just want to find a fast way so i can save as much gas as i can

BlackRubi
March 10th, 2010, 01:32 AM
Not sure if I can make it now. Depends on if I can get the seal fixed on the Jeep.

Brody
March 10th, 2010, 05:19 AM

Yep. I have rock climbed down in that whole area since 1970 and have made more trips that I can count. The fastest way to get there from Denver north, west and south is via 285 to Pine Junction through Deckers to Westcreek. It is also about the fastest way to get to the trails, rocks, whatever near Woodland Park, avoiding the I25/Hwy24 thing.

You can get there through Sedalia, but by the time you eventually wind up at Deckers, you have just wasted an hour or more of extra driving. You can also drive all the way down to Colorado Springs to Hwy 24 to Woodland Park then towards Deckers, but this also is about 45 minutes longer.

You can also go I25 to Monument, take Mt Herman Road over to Rampart, then to Woodland Park. Fine until you get to the Mt Herman Road. Then the dirt roads lose you all the time you might save. Marginally quicker than taking I25 down to the Springs and following 24 to Woodland.

Like I said, we have spent a lot of time in this area developing new rocks all through the north and south Monument Creek valleys, Ice Cave Creek, Mt Herman, etc. We have tried to find the fastest routes to get to the areas we have wanted to climb...

HuricaneWillys
March 10th, 2010, 07:22 AM
Unfortunately I won't make it this year, and I hope this is the last time I say that . Have fun and will look for pictures.

Mporter
March 10th, 2010, 07:46 AM
Thanks for that Pete. I was just double checking that I wasn't misreading something. Anyhows, Ill see ya all at the Safeway.

BlackRubi
March 10th, 2010, 08:09 AM
So....you're saying there's a faster way to one of my favorite fishing spots. I always took 25 to Happy Canyon into Sedalia.

Andrew
March 10th, 2010, 08:25 AM
So....you're saying there's a faster way to one of my favorite fishing spots. I always took 25 to Happy Canyon into Sedalia.

If you're going TO Sedalia, then I25 to Santa Fe (South) is the quickest.

Volcom
March 10th, 2010, 08:42 AM
I'm out. Wife is having surgery next week & I'm on kid patrol for the next couple of weeks. I need to stick around the house to help her out. Have fun, looks like it will be a good time!

Chris
March 10th, 2010, 09:29 AM
Anyone that wants to head south on 25 from Denver should post up a time & meeting place.

Andrew
March 10th, 2010, 09:49 AM
Anyone from up here in FoCo coming besides me that wants to caravan?

dollnicholas
March 10th, 2010, 10:58 AM
Bwahaha, that corner is gonna be interesting in the 'burb!!!

Hey Smash I was just thinking the same thing! LOL! I can't wait though, it does look fun! :cool:

Smash
March 10th, 2010, 11:06 AM
Hey Smash I was just thinking the same thing! LOL! I can't wait though, it does look fun! :cool:

:woot:

Psyched to meet you! Interested to see what yours will do!

Chris
March 10th, 2010, 09:46 PM
I just took a quick count - 32 trucks and 65 or so people. :thunb:

Rob
March 10th, 2010, 09:48 PM
Anyone from up here in FoCo coming besides me that wants to caravan?

You can stop in Longmont and caravan down with me and whoever else we can pick up, like CR and Rusty. I'll be swinging by Pete's to pick up stuff, though, so it'll be an early start.

scout man
March 10th, 2010, 09:49 PM
+1 rig and 2 people!! I am the jackass that for got to re-RSVP :tisktisk:

Chris
March 10th, 2010, 09:54 PM
so it should be 33 trucks, 66 and 1 jackass? :D

scout man
March 10th, 2010, 09:55 PM
exactly, although this jackass is donating stuff to the giveaway, so that has to count for something!

Chris
March 10th, 2010, 09:57 PM
In that case it's so it should be 33 trucks, 67 great folks! :thunb:

scout man
March 10th, 2010, 09:58 PM
dang, there goes my excuse to be a jackass that day. I guess I have to be all friendly and stuff now.

foxtrot
March 10th, 2010, 09:58 PM
and maybe 34 trucks. the guy im bringing might drive my other 4runner, just depends on weather i get the seals replaced in time or not

AccordRanger
March 10th, 2010, 10:29 PM
You can stop in Longmont and caravan down with me and whoever else we can pick up, like CR and Rusty. I'll be swinging by Pete's to pick up stuff, though, so it'll be an early start.

Where in Longmont are you meeting up and what time?

Rob
March 10th, 2010, 10:30 PM
Where in Longmont are you meeting up and what time?

Don't know yet. We need to set it up.

Rusty
March 10th, 2010, 11:11 PM
Hey Rob, that works that your going to petes anyway cause I offered to take some stuff also. If were meeting in Conifer at 8:30? and its a 1 1/2-2 hour drive should probably do a "first" gas then go at 6? Of course i'm being conservative since I top out at 65 down hill, so I might be leaving earlier.

Rob
March 10th, 2010, 11:19 PM
Hey Rob, that works that your going to petes anyway cause I offered to take some stuff also. If were meeting in Conifer at 8:30? and its a 1 1/2-2 hour drive should probably do a "first" gas then go at 6? Of course i'm being conservative since I top out at 65 down hill, so I might be leaving earlier.

Let's find out what time Pete and LaDawn are leaving, then plan to get to their house 15 minutes or so before that. It's a straight shot down 287, about a 45-minute drive.

Brody
March 11th, 2010, 05:00 AM
Let's find out what time Pete and LaDawn are leaving, then plan to get to their house 15 minutes or so before that. It's a straight shot down 287, about a 45-minute drive.

Meeting at 8:30, we are leaving the house at 7:50 or so. It takes roughly 35 minutes to get to Conifer from our house...

Rob
March 11th, 2010, 11:22 PM
Meeting at 8:30, we are leaving the house at 7:50 or so. It takes roughly 35 minutes to get to Conifer from our house...

Thanks, Pete. I'll be at your house by 7:30 and anyone else up here is welcome to caravan with me to Pete's. CR? Rusty? Shayne?

Shayne, you're welcome to meet us in Longmont (CR and Rob T. live a block over from me), or meet us along 287 somewhere.

foxtrot
March 12th, 2010, 01:18 AM
Make sure you RSVP for this event - the raffle drawing names that are put in to the hat will come from the RSVP list. If you don't RSVP you won't be in the drawing!

are you talking about the trail run rsvp, or is there a special raffle rsvp?

Brody
March 12th, 2010, 04:52 AM
are you talking about the trail run rsvp, or is there a special raffle rsvp?

Chris meant that if you weren't RSVP'd and coming on the Anniversary Run, then your name isn't going to be in the drawing/raffle.There isn't a second raffle RSVP.

Thanks to Jim and Bill BTW, they are working on getting even more vendors involved!

Brody
March 14th, 2010, 03:37 AM
The 2nd Anniversary Trail Run trail has been officially changed from Metberry Gulch to China Wall due to the snow conditions on Metberry. China Wall is both a slightly easier trail to get to and is more user friendly if there is a bit of snow on it.

Here is a Feb 10, 2010 Traildamage.com trail report:

http://www.traildamage.com/trails/report.php?id=719

Haku
March 14th, 2010, 03:40 AM
Cool. I was actually kind of hoping that that would happen. The side obstacles are a bit more fun from the looks of it (not having run Metberry I'm not completely sure). I was worried that the bulldozing had ruined the trip, but the trip report for a month ago looks like it should still be a fun trip.

JH

Brody
March 14th, 2010, 08:10 AM
Metberry, Hackett and Longwater don't really have much in the way of obstacles on them, unless you count a couple of small boulders obstacles. They are mostly rutted hill climbs. Hackett used to be fairly hardcore and was once one of the hardest rated trails close to Denver. That was pre Hayman Fire and was when you could actually cross the river and get to FS 211 on the Lost Creek/Molly Gulch side. Now Metberry is the only trail that actually goes all the way down to the river and Hackett and Longwater both stop on ridges before you even get to the Park County county line...the Platte River.

WINKY
March 14th, 2010, 11:22 AM
Right now we have 22 trucks & 33 people and a bunch listed as "maybe." Time to commit people, we need to know how many to plan for. 4Runner3Wheeler, BlackRubi, Brody, Chris, Dirt Claude, DrOldUnit, foxtrot, Haku, JaBeep, Jamie, Metalhed, one wheel drive, Pathrat, Rusty, sanddawg, Smash, SRT08BUS, SubaCool, sunk, tonkatoy, Trailrat99XJ, WINKY

hey im not on the maybe list.??

Roostercruiser
March 14th, 2010, 11:29 AM
i rsvp a while ago and its not listed anymore so i resaid yes

WINKY
March 14th, 2010, 01:25 PM
i rsvp a while ago and its not listed anymore so i resaid yes

yeah the rsvp got hosed up so it was restarted :)

Chris
March 14th, 2010, 08:12 PM
Old post there Randy!

WINKY
March 14th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Old post there Randy!

huh wuh?? HAHAHAHA :bang:

foxtrot
March 15th, 2010, 12:29 AM
so is the meeting time still 8:30?

Brody
March 15th, 2010, 05:36 AM
so is the meeting time still 8:30?

That is correct. 8:30 Safeway/Conifer parking lot off of Conifer Parkway and Hwy 285. The trail is now China Wall, but we will just continue past Pine Junction to Jefferson then go Tarryall Road to the China Wall trail head.

Smash
March 15th, 2010, 07:35 AM
Sounds good, I'm in for the swap. Thanks to all who did the prerun!

Fordguy77
March 15th, 2010, 07:50 PM
Ok since the ranger has been ruled out, i was thinking of trying to talk kateys brother into letting me still his 4runner. Its a 94 on 31's i believe open front and rear. Would this be an ok rig to take?

Haku
March 15th, 2010, 07:51 PM
That will definitely be able to cope with Chinawall. You might not be able to do all the side obstacles, but its enough to at least give it a try.

JH

Chris
March 15th, 2010, 08:15 PM
I don't think any stock 4x4 would have trouble anywhere, anyone disagree? Not counting optional obstacles of course.

Smash
March 15th, 2010, 08:27 PM
We had to winch Aaron and the Disco up that one hill, you can see it in the report from last month. I'd be impressed if stock rigs can get up that if it's icy.

Mporter
March 15th, 2010, 08:29 PM
I can't wait. Gotta use China Wall as the proving grounds for the new bumper (pics to follow in the morning, in the build thread)

foxtrot
March 16th, 2010, 09:46 PM
Would it be easier for the co springs people to meet at the safeway like planned before, and go straight to the trail head? conifer would pretty much be out of the way if I am looking at the map correctly. as google shows, we just drive up hwy 24 to lake george area?

Haku
March 16th, 2010, 09:54 PM
The CO Springs people went through Woodland Park last year, so I imagine that the same will apply this year. Its a 2 hour difference between the routes.

Highway 24 till you see CR77 I believe. Says its about a 1.25 hour drive for ya'll. Might want to find a place to congregate huh?

JH

foxtrot
March 16th, 2010, 09:57 PM
safeway at hwy 24 right before you start going up the mountain. at what time? what time are north people gonna be at the trailhead?

SRT08BUS
March 17th, 2010, 08:44 PM
not going to be able to make it:(

Fordguy77
March 17th, 2010, 10:02 PM
As of now i have just become a strong maybe. The brother in-law decided that he will take work off that day, and that we'd go up in his 4runner. So barring that i dont get sent to Bridger Wyoming for work in the next week and a half you can count me in.

Brody
March 18th, 2010, 10:54 AM
The CO Springs people went through Woodland Park last year, so I imagine that the same will apply this year. Its a 2 hour difference between the routes.

Highway 24 till you see CR77 I believe. Says its about a 1.25 hour drive for ya'll. Might want to find a place to congregate huh?

JH

That is exactly how the directions read on the trail run on the calendar: Denver: 285>Conifer Parkway to Safeway. Hwy 285 to Jefferson then left to trailhead. Colorado Springs: Hwy 24 to Tarryall Road then right to trailhead.

If you live in Colorado Springs or Monument, you most definitely DO NOT want to go to Conifer Safeway, which is why I put separate directions in the description.

Most of the time, the Colorado Springs area people set up their own meeting place and time if they are planning to caravan to a trail. Now would be a really good time to start doing that.

foxtrot
March 18th, 2010, 12:57 PM
I would say either the safeway at colorado ave and 31st st, or the mcdonalds in WP. Safeway would probably be better though. does anyone know what time we are meeting at the trailhead? i Know Denver people are meeting in conifer at 8:30, but what time will they be at the trail head? just wondering so we can set up a time to meet at the safeway.

Fordguy77
March 18th, 2010, 11:52 PM
Just got everything confirmed, will be out at coors for another 2 weeks, so iam all set to go! Taking The Princess's Brothers 4runner

transplant87
March 20th, 2010, 02:41 PM
so is the meeting place still the same

Chris
March 20th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Nothing's changed.

traliduster2
March 20th, 2010, 05:41 PM
I am in the divide/woodland park area and I can meet you all coming from the springs around 9:00 at the Divide venture store in Divide or at Floresant gas station. The one on the left as your coming into town. I would like to know where the conifer group is going to be going in at once thay get to the trail. There are two entrances to china wall. there is one that has a gate at it and the other one is farther south. If your coming from 285 direction. The one on the south end has a great big area for parking and gathering. The one on the north has the same kind of area but not as big. Just throwing that out there. Once we get there we can all go with each other, Rather than trying to track each other down.:cool:

BlackRubi
March 21st, 2010, 04:49 PM
Not going to be there. No 4WD (still an easy fix), and a lot of stuff going on, to include moving.

Smash
March 21st, 2010, 04:59 PM
Not going to be there. No 4WD (still an easy fix), and a lot of stuff going on, to include moving.

Dang, was hoping to see you

BlackRubi
March 21st, 2010, 09:46 PM
Yeah. Me too. We still need to get together sometime!

Brody
March 22nd, 2010, 06:42 AM
China Wall update:

It takes just about 1 1/2 hours from the Conifer Safeway parking lot to get to the junction of FS 212 and Tarryall Road.

The last reasonably price gas, coming from the Denver Hwy285 area is in Bailey, but my suggestion would be to top off your gas at the gas station in Conifer right by the Safeway store.

The last gas station is in Jefferson, where there is the last actual bathrooms, a couple of Port O Lets. If everyone coming from Denver decides to use these, you can expect a delay of over an hour here as there are only two of them . Best to hold it in until you get to the trailhead simply for this reason.

There are two entrances to China Wall: FS 204 and FS 212. The trail meeting is set up for the Colorado Springs people at the junction of FS 212 and Tarryall Road. FS 212 is the 2nd and farther entrance to the trail and starts in a small field about a mile past the little town with the church (Tarryall??) and is on the left side.

For the people who are going to be camping in the area or plan on getting there earlier, the meeting is set up in a large meadow before the aspen area and rock obstacles.

Follow the trail as it goes to the 'T' intersection, then go right. Go right uphill at the 'Y', then through the valley where you have the great view of Pike's Peak. The trail then goes down a little draw, through some trees, then down a short rocky section. It opens up a bit after this, and winds around through some curves, emerging into a large field with some off trail rocky sections. This is where the meet and greet Anniversary Run is going to take place.

Primarily, it is going to be a social gathering with a cookout and raffle. There isn't going to be a specific 'led' trail run, but you are going to be in an area where you have the options of doing the rest of the trail either by yourself or with another group of friends. There are also some fun trails all along the Tarryall Road area. none of which are very hard to do.

There are simply going to be too many people to try to do a run that involves over 50 vehicles. Like I said, this is primarily a social event, rather than an actual led trail run. We don't have any leaders, remember? Chris, Stephanie, Hugh, Jamie, myself, Todd, Steve and others who have volunteered to help with the run are going to have our hands full with just the raffle, vendor, drawing and cooking duties and will probably be lucky if we do manage to get much, if any, wheeling in by the time all is said and done.

Once the drawing and cookout are done (you are going to stick around for this, right?) please feel free to hook up with whomever you like and run the trail, go down by the river, explore other trails in the area, play on the optional obstacles or watch other people do the same.

At the same time, please be aware that with so many rigs on the trail, we need to be more than a little aware that other people from other groups are also probably going to be on the trail at the same time. We need to be especially considerate of these folks, and not only allow enough room for them to pass us and get by our gathering, but also to not group together in such large groups when running the trail(s) as to make for some bad traffic jams. Let's be courteous to our other 4 wheeler friends and keep out trail run group sizes down to 8-10 vehicles and stagger them about 15-20 minutes apart to allow other groups to get by and also enjoy the trail.

The weather was great, BTW, and the sun wa bright. Bring a variety of clothing suitable for changes in the temperature (I, for instance, had no warm weather clothes with me at all, having frozen the last couple of days working in my garage and expected the same thing...) and be sure to bring sun screen, especially if you have kids along.

As an additional reminder, with that many people in a group, find out who you are near that has either first aid experience, kits and/or training in how to use them. Simply ask the people in the group you are nearest to to find out so that you know. Someone can easily get hurt, get burned, scraped, cut, fall, etc. If you yourself are not prepared to deal with this, please make sure you know who can that is in your immediate vicinity.

Stepahanie, Randy(Winky), Steve, Josh, Andrew, Randy (Air Randy), Jamie, Chris,Ed (Southpaw3),myself and quite a few others all have good first aid kits....please either bring one of your own and come prepared to deal with life's little emergencies or know who is close by that can deal with it for you. I am thinking about simply making some simple flyers that people with experience and kits can stick on their rig to make them visible for quick access. Might be the easiest thing to do.

Andrew
March 22nd, 2010, 07:05 AM
I want to run the trail, as much as possible. I can lead a group.

Also, there are bathrooms on the way on Tarryall road coming from Jefferson, but they are at a lake/reservoir or something and just pit toilets. And only 2 there as well I think.

foxtrot
March 22nd, 2010, 10:33 AM
so from colorado springs, it says right at 1 hour from the meeting spot. type this in for directions on google:

from: 3275 W Colorado Ave, Colorado Springs, CO 80904 (safeway)
to: forest rd 212A

so if north people will be there around 10, we should probable leave the safeway around 8:30. so we can meet there at 8:15. that way we can stop on the way up there to top off the gas. If you are meeting at the safeway, please respond tot his so I know I am not the only one planning on meeting there. thanks :thunb:

Chris
March 22nd, 2010, 10:37 AM
Denver Caravan Info:

As Pete posted on the calendar our Meeting Place is the Safeway/Starbucks in Conifer at 8:30 AM to head to China Wall. Note: This means we are leaving at 8:30, not kind of getting there around 8:30ish. Leaving promptly should get us to the trail head by 10:00am.

This location: 27152 Main Street, Conifer, CO 80433-8546 - From Hwy 285 take the Conifer Town Centre Dr and turn left (Google Maps if you need directions)

If you miss the departure time (again 8:30) just head out 285 to catch up or just meet at the trail. Here's a map that will help as will tuning to Channel 4 on your CB.

Directions to China Wall: 285 Co Rd 77, head south.

Chris
March 22nd, 2010, 10:43 AM
In case you missed it:

We will

leave

Safeway at 8:30am.

Andrew
March 22nd, 2010, 10:53 AM
Man I gotta get up early.

Chris
March 22nd, 2010, 03:27 PM
As Pete has said, we'll gather a short way into the trail in an open area suitable for everyone. We'll meet & greet, eat and Pete with run the give-away with a bunch of cool stuff. If you have some 4x4 stuff no longer useful to you but useful to someone else bring it along to add to the goodies already gathered.

Groups will be free to run the trail and organize on site. Pretty much a "who wants to wheel now?" thing in small groups. There's simply no way we'd try to get everyone running together since we'd have people finishing as others were beginning. 50+ is a huge number of rigs. It'll be fun, looking forward to seeing everyone!

:cheers:

Brody
March 23rd, 2010, 07:58 AM
For those of you either not familiar with the trail and it's location, refer to the map that Chris posted as to how to get to the trail.

Here is a link to the actual trail map from Traildamage.com:

http://www.traildamage.com/trails/china_wall/maps/map_small.gif

You will see that FS 204 returns to the main Tarryall Road. FS 212 is the very next trail and is the one that we will be going in on. At the junction, where FS 212 turns right, I noticed another unmarked road that was a little lower before the right hand uphill turn. Do not take this to get to the meeting spot for the Anniversary Run. Take the first right hand uphill (FS 212) turn. Look at the Traildamage map and notice where they have '212' marked with the small pointers. There is a lighter green area (designating a meadow or flat area) here before the road turns downhill. This is where we are setting up for the cookout and raffle drawing.

Cell service is very spotty throughout this area, so don't expect to be able to call someone other than on the CB for directions. Hopefully between the set meeting times and places, Chris' map, Traildamage's map, topo maps, Google Earth, compasses, GPS, a good sense of direction and common sense, you will get there with no problems.

We look forward to seeing everyone there for what promises to be a great time.

To reiterate what Chris has posted:

We are LEAVING the Conifer Safeway/Starbucks at 8:30 in order to get to the trailhead at 10:00. Please get there early enough to be able to leave the lot at 8:30.

foxtrot
March 23rd, 2010, 08:44 AM
so from colorado springs, it says right at 1 hour from the meeting spot. type this in for directions on google:

so if north people will be there around 10, we should probable leave the safeway around 8:30. so we can meet there at 8:15. that way we can stop on the way up there to top off the gas. If you are meeting at the safeway, please respond tot his so I know I am not the only one planning on meeting there. thanks :thunb:

I will be leaving by 8:45 at the latest, my cell is 719-201-8043 incase you needed to get ahold of someone in the cos group. :thunb:

Chris
March 23rd, 2010, 06:35 PM
Since I was asked I think it's worth mentioning here. This is an alcohol-free event as is clear in the rules you all should have read/re-read by now. :thunb:

foxtrot
March 23rd, 2010, 07:59 PM
so this weather is crazy. we are supposed to get 8-20 inches in the foothills. :eek:, however, I am going if it is still on no matter what

update: t-mobile (call center) just closed, which happens about once a year at the most.

Chris
March 23rd, 2010, 08:03 PM
This stuff will be gone by Friday morning. ;)

SRT08BUS
March 23rd, 2010, 08:10 PM
I might be able to make it but no promises.

Smash
March 23rd, 2010, 08:24 PM
Hey Chris, given the huge number of people who will be there (and the fact that I'm TERRIBLE with names, and imagine a few others are too), have you thought about name tags?

Rob
March 23rd, 2010, 10:09 PM
This stuff will be gone by Friday morning.

Did you see the Saturday forecast? :D

Chris
March 23rd, 2010, 10:25 PM
Nope, I lived in MN for 25 years before moving here. I'm still waiting for Winter. ;)

MissyJ
March 23rd, 2010, 10:31 PM
If you are meeting at the safeway, please respond tot his so I know I am not the only one planning on meeting there. thanks

I will be meeting you there.

sunk
March 24th, 2010, 08:28 AM
seems like this will be a snow run...I got a foot at my house, it is suppost to get nicer later this week, then possibly snow on saturday. should make for an interesting time!

Andrew
March 24th, 2010, 11:26 AM
I bet there isn't much on that trail by Saturday. It usually is pretty clear there.

Smash
March 24th, 2010, 11:45 AM
+1, everything is melting here already.

Brody
March 24th, 2010, 11:47 AM
The meadow where the gathering/food/raffle is going to take place is open and gets a lot of sun. There is going to be ice or snow on Tarryall Road on the way in is my guess, but that may well be melted. There is certainly going to be mud as we managed to find a lot last weekend, but mainly on the opposite side of the road and on FS 204.

Smash
March 24th, 2010, 12:08 PM
Mmmm. MUD!

I'll have a clean rig for this one, gotta go give Rhino a good wash and re-attach the passenger side front quarter panel. Run in the snow last weekend and it wasn't attached at all on the lower half. Dunno how that happened, but easy fix. Hoping to do some fender trimming too, but can't say I'm confident enough to do the Chris slice and roll style.

mushroomax
March 24th, 2010, 09:55 PM

Foxtrot, I will meet up with you at the Safeway in Old Colorado City, Saturday morning at 8:15.

foxtrot
March 24th, 2010, 10:23 PM
awesome, looking foward to meeting you there!

Roostercruiser
March 24th, 2010, 11:11 PM
Im still in so far. Is 50 rigs gonna fit on the trail ? Just wondering

KnuckleHead
March 25th, 2010, 03:14 AM
With the lastest snow fall and rain/snow due in on Saturday, is this still going to be a go?? And if so how is the trail going to be for stockers if it does snow?

Brody
March 25th, 2010, 05:16 AM
Im still in so far. Is 50 rigs gonna fit on the trail ? Just wondering

There is a really big meadow area shortly after you start the trail. This is where we will be having the cookout/raffle and it should be fine for that many
rigs.

Anyone that wants to actually run the trail, either before of after the cookout/raffle, will have to get together with the people they want to run it with and do it in small groups.

With the latest snow fall and rain/snow due in on Saturday, is this still going to be a go?? And if so how is the trail going to be for stockers if it does snow?

We are all still planning on going. Colorado weather is....well....Colorado weather. Despite what the weathermen say, we will either wake up to a bright and sunny day, or snow, or rain, or hail...tis Colorado, after all..

Weather for Jefferson

- Add to iGoogle (http://www.google.com/url?sa=p&pref=ig&pval=3&q=http://www.google.com/ig/setp%3Fhl%3Den%26gl%3Dus%26et%3D4bab6dc4J_tnKDQM%2 6url%3D/ig%253Fhl%3Den%2526gl%3Dus%26u_9%3Dadd%253DJeffers on%253D39377568,-105800571%26source%3Dweob%26ss%3D1&ei=xG2rS54ZhKi2A7ySlfwL&oi=iweather&ct=result&ved=0CAcQ_AI&usg=AFQjCNELdysjV6yQitje62GTfkWtfxfbZg)12°F | °C (http://www.google.com/setprefs?fheit=0&sig=0_gTx9XwsxgfKHqStPZ1i8PLWFENc=&prev=http://www.google.com/search%3Fhl%3Den%26q%3Djefferson%2Bcolorado%2Bweat her%26sourceid%3Dnavclient-ff%26rlz%3D1B3GGLL_enUS363US363%26ie%3DUTF-8%26aq%3D0&ei=xG2rS54ZhKi2A7ySlfwL&sa=X&oi=iweather&ct=tu&ved=0CAgQwwQ)
Current: Partly Cloudy
Wind: N at 5 mph
Humidity: 62%

Thu
http://www.google.com/images/weather/partly_cloudy.gif
41°F | 26°F
Fri
http://www.google.com/images/weather/rain_snow.gif
39°F | 20°F
Sat
http://www.google.com/images/weather/snow.gif
32°F | 18°F
Sun
http://www.google.com/images/weather/sunny.gif
46°F | 26°F
Detailed forecast: The Weather Channel (http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.weather.com/weather/local/80456%3Fpar%3Digoogle%26site%3Dwww.google.com%26pr omo%3Dcurrrentconditions%26cm_ven%3Digoogle%26cm_c at%3Dwww.google.com%26cm_pla%3Dforecastpage%26cm_i te%3DCityPage&ei=xG2rS54ZhKi2A7ySlfwL&sa=X&oi=iweather&ct=dl&cd=1&ved=0CAkQrAUoAA&usg=AFQjCNFgWhny1r4ajCxN3hc2sSlSkw_qOw) - Weather Underground (http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast%3Fquery%3D39.3776,-105.8006&ei=xG2rS54ZhKi2A7ySlfwL&sa=X&oi=iweather&ct=dl&cd=2&ved=0CAoQrAUoAQ&usg=AFQjCNFW18lO1rRiHC7Egh2xmLR07JRiWw) - AccuWeather (http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.accuweather.com/us/80456/city-weather-forecast.asp&ei=xG2rS54ZhKi2A7ySlfwL&sa=X&oi=iweather&ct=dl&cd=3&ved=0CAsQrAUoAg&usg=AFQjCNH9tn__pua9YqA05BcJpCWjZhxLSA)
Hint: Dress accordingly

Brody
March 25th, 2010, 08:57 AM
VEHICLES WITH FIRST AID KITS AND THE PEOPLE WHO KNOW HOW TO USE THEM WILL BE MARKED WITH PINK FLAGGING TAPE.

People who have both a good first aid kit and the ability to use them will have a pink piece of flaggin tape on either their CB or regular antenna in case of any emergency. Make sure that you know who the vehicle belongs to so that you can get in touch with the owner if any emergency arises that you need first aid for.

I will have a roll of this tape with me, so please see me for some if you fit this description so that you cn mark your rig.

Haku
March 25th, 2010, 09:00 AM
Sounds like this should be an interesting day. Should be a lot of fun though. Thinking ahead to next year, might be better to think about going to a place like CORE rather then a trail. Large gathering, with people running out to go do obstacles and such every once in a while. Looking forward to getting out again. Truck is gonna be done by the skin of my teeth.

JH

transplant87
March 25th, 2010, 09:02 AM
get er done Josh

Smash
March 25th, 2010, 09:06 AM
Hey good call Josh! Good luck with your truck!

Chris
March 25th, 2010, 09:13 AM
With the lastest snow fall and rain/snow due in on Saturday, is this still going to be a go??

Yes!

And if so how is the trail going to be for stockers if it does snow?

Just like any unpaved road, no better, no worse.

Red Rhino
March 25th, 2010, 09:08 PM
I am headed back from Moab in the AM and will be there no matter what. The Rig will still have the Red Dirt of Moab and chucks of sandstone on the Diff. Hope there is not a clean rig rule. ;) Look for a Trail Run Report Soon. I will be interested in running as many trails as possible, bring on the snow. I am looking forward to meeting more members. :thunb:

Pathrat
March 25th, 2010, 10:20 PM
Great pictures! PS is on the my do-it-again list.

Brody
March 26th, 2010, 07:54 AM
FYI, here is how the raffle is going to work:

I am going to put together drawing buckets for Jeep, Toyota, full size pick up, and general.

The Jeep bucket with be for people with a TJ as that what the Nemesis sliders fit. (These are about $500 sliders, BTW, and are state of the art)

The Toyota bucket will be for people with Toyotas as stuff in here will fit nothing else.

The full size pic up will be for the single new tail gate replacement net I have that will fit nothing else.

These drawings will be held first. People who win something from these drawings will be eliminated from the 'General' drawing in order to allow more people to win goodies.

The general drawing with be for everyone else and for people who didn't win stuff from the previous drawings. This general drawing will include all items, gift certificates, and services from vendors and what other members have contributed to the raffle. The majority of these items and services will work or be useful to anyone, no matter make or model.

At the end of this round of drawings, if there are items left over, which I doubt, we will have another one.

The raffle will be held before the lunch/cookout to allow time for people to run the trails or do whatever else they want to do.

Please make sure that I have all these items that you are bringing where I have set up so that I can deal with stuff in a simple manner without undue confusion.

I am going to repeat this as I feel it needs repeating:

Rigs with first aid supplies and people with the knowledge of how to use them will be marked with PINK flagging tape. See me as I will have a roll.

PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF ANY OTHER PEOPLE RUNNING THE TRAIL! If you decide to run the trail, do it in small groups of 8-10 rigs maximum and always let other groups by.

Where we are going to be gathering, PLEASE PARK OFF THE ACTUAL TRAIL SO AS TO ALLOW FOR OTHER GROUPS TO GET
BY.

PROPERLY DISPOSE OF ALL YOUR WASTE: Trash goes into trash bags. Toilet paper goes into trash bags. Human waste gets buried and covered up. Most people, having spent time outside, already know this. People who don't know this, need to. If you, or your kids, leave toilet paper behind tress, DON NOT expect a really friendly reminder to pick it up. Almost all of us clean up trail trash and have seen areas where large groups have gathered with toilet paper behind every tree or rock. Believe me, this is not going to happen on a FR run.:D

In other words, be considerate of anyone else that is running the trail tomorrow and because we have such a large group, allow them the right of way..uphill or down. We are the ones taking up the real estate here, so let's not get people upset with our actions.

Andrew
March 26th, 2010, 08:02 AM
Okay so we get there, then we run the trail? Is there a time to meet back? I thought we were doing lunch and then going out on the trail?

Smash
March 26th, 2010, 08:04 AM
Sounds to be like get there, hang out, do raffle, have lunch, the run trail in small groups?

Brody
March 26th, 2010, 08:38 AM
Meet.
Hang out.
Do Raffle.
Eat.
Do whatever.

This gives everyone the better part of the afternoon to do what they want to do, be it running trails, hiking or anything else, especially if we do an early lunch and cook out right after the raffle.

Brody
March 26th, 2010, 09:15 AM
Re: 2nd Annual Anniversary Run March 27th - Part I

Schedule:
Meet. Greet and hang out.
Raffle.
Lunch/cookout.
Trails.

FYI, here is how the raffle is going to work:

I am going to put together drawing buckets for Jeep, Toyota, full size pick up, and general.

The Jeep bucket with be for people with a TJ as that what the Nemesis sliders fit. (These are about $500 sliders, BTW, and are state of the art)

The Toyota bucket will be for people with Toyotas as stuff in here will fit nothing else.

The full size pick up will be for the single new tail gate replacement net I have that will fit nothing else.

These drawings will be held first. People who win something from these drawings will be eliminated from the 'General' drawing in order to allow more people to win goodies.

The general drawing with be for everyone else and for people who didn't win stuff from the previous drawings. This general drawing will include all items, gift certificates, and services from vendors and what other members have contributed to the raffle. The majority of these items and services will work or be useful to anyone, no matter make or model.

At the end of this round of drawings, if there are items left over, which I doubt, we will have another one.

The raffle will be held before the lunch/cookout to allow time for people to run the trails or do whatever else they want to do.

Please make sure that I have all these items that you are bringing where I have set up so that I can deal with stuff in a simple manner without undue confusion.

I am going to repeat this as I feel it needs repeating:

Rigs with first aid supplies and people with the knowledge of how to use them will be marked with PINK flagging tape. See me as I will have a roll.

PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF ANY OTHER PEOPLE RUNNING THE TRAIL! If you decide to run the trail, do it in small groups of 8-10 rigs maximum and always let other groups by.

Where we are going to be gathering, PLEASE PARK OFF THE ACTUAL TRAIL SO AS TO ALLOW FOR OTHER GROUPS TO GET
BY.

PROPERLY DISPOSE OF ALL YOUR WASTE: Trash goes into trash bags. Toilet paper goes into trash bags. Human waste gets buried and covered up. Most people, having spent time outside, already know this. People who don't know this, need to. If you, or your kids, leave toilet paper behind trees, DO NOT expect a really friendly reminder to pick it up. Almost all of us clean up trail trash and have seen areas where large groups have gathered with toilet paper behind every tree or rock. Believe me, this is not going to happen on a FR run.http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/../images/smilies/biggrin.gif

In other words, be considerate of anyone else that is running the trail tomorrow and because we have such a large group, allow them the right of way..uphill or down. We are the ones taking up the real estate here, so let's not get people upset with our actions.

CR
March 26th, 2010, 11:11 AM
I'm still holding out RSVPing until I am sure about the weather. It looks like we could be seeing some snow tonight and tomorrow. If thats the case I will be working:mad:. Old Rob, If this is the case, Would you mind taking the raffle prizes that I have and the food I am donating to the run?
This really sucks and I really want to meet everyone, but money and livlihood has got to come first.
Keep your fingers crossed for me.
Thanks,
C.R.

Smash
March 26th, 2010, 11:17 AM
Fingers crossed. Maybe you could just come a little later?

SubaCool
March 26th, 2010, 05:16 PM
We're out. Mid 20's don't sound like much fun for a family outing in the middle of nowhere (for my better halves) :redface:
We'll probably go hit Central City area though if anybody's interested (i know it still will be cold there, but at least it's closer ;)). Go do some sledding (our 4yr old would love that). Y'all have fun though, take lotsa pics and stay warm!

scout man
March 26th, 2010, 05:24 PM
Whats with all this dropping out stuff? I will be there rain or shine!! (or snow). In fact, leaving in about an hour. See you all there!!!

Edit: Please no one be offended, I am just giving you all a hard time.

SRT08BUS
March 26th, 2010, 05:35 PM
I'm there but might be running late so please don't wait.

foxtrot
March 26th, 2010, 05:35 PM
yep, im coming no matter what. if anyone doesnt want to drive up from the springs area, they can ride with me. I have two open seats. snow bashing=win

SRT08BUS
March 26th, 2010, 05:41 PM
I'll have two seats open as well!

JeffX
March 26th, 2010, 06:06 PM
I won't make it. I had a driveshaft modification that didn't work out. It's too bad because I wanted to meet you folks. Have fun!

Chris
March 26th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Warming up already! :D

foxtrot
March 26th, 2010, 06:33 PM
jeff, you can ride with me if you want. I can pick you up. let me know :thunb:

Rob
March 26th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Old Rob, If this is the case, Would you mind taking the raffle prizes that I have and the food I am donating to the run?
No problem. Call me tonight or early, early in the morning and I'll stop by on my way to Pete's.

Smash
March 26th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Hey Rob, CR has a chair of mine too, need to do a swap. Mind reminding him? ;)

sanddawg
March 26th, 2010, 09:31 PM
Hello everyone.
Yhis is more for the colorado springs guys. I saw where you all were going to meet at safeway over at 31st and colorado at approximately 8:15 am tomarrow moring. I would like to meet up with you all for the trip up the pass. However, i am struggling in my mind to meet at that time of day only cuz i am running on approximately 4 hours of sleep in the past 24 hours. I got off work then help my brother and his family move to there new home after work. So i am not yet properly packed. I will do my very best to meet you all there come morning. If not i will bring up the rear only a half hour or hour later. I will be calling my brother Marc once i get up to bluebird hill (new woodland park hospital) then he will meet me at the food market in Divide. Then head up from there. I have a CB Radio that i can monitor channel 4 . Again i will do my very best to meet you all there in the morning. If not dont wait for me. I will see and meet you all at the trail head.
Party on dudes!!:thunb:

Red Rhino
March 26th, 2010, 09:33 PM
I love the snow, it will give the Red Rock Rhino a break for bouncing of the rocks. I have open seats and a very Good heater.

See you in the AM.

Bryan

sanddawg
March 26th, 2010, 09:34 PM
Attention : Colorado springs guy's
I have an open seat if anyone needs a ride.

Rob
March 26th, 2010, 10:10 PM
Hey Rob, CR has a chair of mine too, need to do a swap. Mind reminding him? ;)

I'll try to remember. :rolleyes:

foxtrot
March 26th, 2010, 10:18 PM
JD, We will be at the safeway until 8:45. we will leave at 8:45 but can wait longer if you would be on your way. my number is 719-201-8043. call me in the morning when you know what time you will be there. I will have my CB on and tuned to 4. let me know :thunb:

sanddawg
March 26th, 2010, 10:19 PM
The local weather man in the springs is saying that we can expect 4-8 Inches of snow in the high country area tonight. Ok i have just read each and every post, and it seems to me that everyone is making a big deal out of nothing. I have run this trail many times with a stock pick up with out any problems at all. With the exceptions of those that i put myself into. Now that they have done some earth moving this should be a piece of cake for anyone. No mater the size of the rig. Ok so maybe the longer wheel based rigs might struggle a bit but nothing to get excited about. The only damage you should get would be that ,that you inflick upon yourself..
Well i had better go get me some beauty sleep. See ya all there in the morning.:thunb:

sanddawg
March 26th, 2010, 10:23 PM
8:45 sounds wonderful to me. I will be there. I can bring up the rear since i seem to take forever to get up the pass.:eek::D. Highly underpowered and a few extra miles the POS is very tired. See ya in the morning at safe way.
I am comming up from widefield/ FT Carson area.

foxtrot
March 26th, 2010, 10:26 PM
sounds good. I'll be slow alos. if this drag link doesn't fix my death wobble, I will be having to slow down a lot probably, the 22re isn't the most powerful engine when trying to turn 35" tires :p

Smash
March 26th, 2010, 10:56 PM
We love snow.

See everyone tomorrow!

JeffX
March 27th, 2010, 07:58 PM
I just found out. I'll have my baby back tomorrow.