PDA

View Full Version : Anniversary Run Pre Run Metberry Gulch 3/13/10

Brody
March 6th, 2010, 08:36 AM
This is now posted on the calendar:

http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=185&day=2010-3-13

so it is now an official run.

I may or may not be able to go. If I have work, I am going to be working. If I don't have work, I will have an extra seat for a rider as I think LaDawn is going to be working. Please see the note I made on the calendar as far as to what this run is about as well as the notes about combining Hackett Mountain and Longwater Gulches into this same run.

I'll reiterate a little: Combining these three trails into a one day run will require a bit of commitment as they cover a fair amount of ground. Don't expect to do a lot of standing around and chatting as there isn't going to be a lot of time to do it. Expect instead to cover quite a bit of trails..This, again, will be ultimately determined by whoever ends up showing up. The bottom line is to check Metberry for any possible difficulties or problem spots for the people who are going on the main run.

Chris
March 6th, 2010, 09:10 AM
I'm on as maybe today, should be able to go though

SubaCool
March 6th, 2010, 10:16 AM
If there's an open seat, I'd like to come along. Like I've said earlier, I can help with gas.

AccordRanger
March 6th, 2010, 03:34 PM
Man! Killswitch is that night or else id go.

Brody
March 7th, 2010, 08:21 AM
I think this run is going to need a leader if Brody can't make it. I'm in as a tentative, but with the park county side of Hackett/Longwater not open I'm not sure how the actual trails pan out in sequence.

Is it in and out of all three as a spur?

They are all accessed off of the main 'Cedar Mountain Road" FS road if the FS hasn't jacked with it too much. They all parallel each other with Metberry being the farthest north, Longwater next, and Hackett the farthest south. Not having been on anything except Metberry since the burn area and relying only on trail reports, Metberry is the only one that actually goes all the way down to the river now, with Longwater and Hackett stopping before the Park County county line (Platte River).

Well's lists them in the southern trail section of his guide.

Brody
March 7th, 2010, 10:08 AM
Looks like I am good to go. LaDawn may or may not be going depending on her work.

Dave....just because I started the run thread doesn't necessarily mean I am the de facto 'trail leader'. Never much cared whether I lead any trail runs or not...I certainly will if no one else wants to, but other than that, I don't care one way or another..

Zatticus
March 7th, 2010, 11:25 AM
I may be going with Chris, If he gets his 4x4 fixed in the ranger.
;p

Smash
March 7th, 2010, 10:11 PM
Unfortunately I'm out, our annual "first gathering of the year" in my biker group is that day. Can't be missed. Have fun!

Brody
March 8th, 2010, 06:32 AM
I just meant "leader" in the sense of the run being organized. I didn't realize Metberry starts off the same spur as the other two - that will be a fun day if we can hit all three.

:D:D:D Gotcha....

Looking forward to seeing you again!

Brody
March 10th, 2010, 12:20 PM
Southpaw3 (Ed) is going to be running about 15-20 minutes behind us for the meeting at Safeway Conifer. He'll probably catch us up at Westcreek.

wyota
March 10th, 2010, 12:36 PM
i have not been to conifer in a long time, dose this look like the right address for the Safeway 27152 Main Street, Conifer, CO 80433-8546. it sure dont look right on Google maps i just don't want to be late because i have the wrong address.

Thanks,

Brody
March 10th, 2010, 03:47 PM
i have not been to conifer in a long time, dose this look like the right address for the Safeway 27152 Main Street, Conifer, CO 80433-8546. it sure dont look right on google maps i just dont want to be late becase i haver the wrong address.

Thanks,

God knows what the actual address is. I sure don't know, but I do know where the Safeway is:

Highway 285 through Aspen Park, staying in the right hand lane. 285 turns to the left with an ACE hardware off on the right side. The very next right turn is Conifer Parkway. Take it and go left at the stop sign there. Make a right at the next stop sign. Safeway is above you and to your left. Follow the road past the gas station and take a left into the lot. Starbucks is on the far left side as you face the store. We usually park on the side of the parking lot that overlooks the road you drive in on. You have cell coverage up to the entrance to the canyon, then again around Aspen Park to the Safeway. My number is 303-507-3066.

Glad that you are making this run. It'll be good to see you again.

wyota
March 10th, 2010, 04:06 PM
Cool thanks Pete, if i have any trouble i'll give ya a call. looking forward to this!!! see ya all Sat.

tonkatoy
March 10th, 2010, 08:12 PM
Hay pete i got the burb back to gether i was going to folow ED up and see what i can break:lmao:

Smash
March 10th, 2010, 08:13 PM
Hay pete i got the burb back to gether i was going to folow ED up and see what i can break:lmao:

Don't break all of it!! I want to see it!!!

Chris
March 10th, 2010, 08:48 PM
Everyone planning on going needs to RSVP here -> http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2010-3-13&e=185&c=1

Wavephf
March 11th, 2010, 08:03 PM
Where are you meeting? I came in from the south since I live in Canon City, it is about 60miles from here. I am hoping to go, I was at hackett last weekend. here is a link to photos of hackett.
http://s418.photobucket.com/albums/pp261/wake_roks/Hackett%20Trail%20CO%203-7-10/

Warrlord
March 12th, 2010, 06:16 AM
Where are you meeting? I came in from the south since I live in Canon City, it is about 60miles from here. I am hoping to go, I was at hackett last weekend. here is a link to photos of hackett.
http://s418.photobucket.com/albums/pp261/wake_roks/Hackett%20Trail%20CO%203-7-10/

So far, me & trailduster2 are meeting at CR3 & Cedar Mt road in the big parking area there on the right side at 9:00 am.

Brody
March 12th, 2010, 06:16 AM

We will be meeting at Westcreek between 9:30 and 10:00. The bulk of us are leaving from the Conifer Safeway lot close to 8:30, Ed and Bill are going to be about 15 minutes behind us and Dave Nay is always about 15 minutes late:D. I figure on getting to Westcreek and airing down at stuff at the pull off there which will let people lagging behind to catch up.

Why don't you look to see who is coming from the Springs and possibly caravan with them. I know some folks from the Springs are going.

Don't know about cell coverage there, but my cell number is 303-507-3066 and, if I manage to get time to replace my CB antenna, I will be on channel 4.

foxtrot
March 12th, 2010, 10:42 PM
wish I could go. have fun tomorrow guys and take lots of pics!

Brody
March 13th, 2010, 05:33 AM
So far, me & trailduster2 are meeting at CR3 & Cedar Mt road in the big parking area there on the right side at 9:00 am.

Larry...Where is this? The Denver folks are kinda meeting at the Westcreek turnoff and waiting for Ed and Bill to catch up to us. I don't know about cell reception there, but my number is 303-507-3066. Sounds like you are going to be farther in than we are meeting. Ed and Bill aren't familiar with the area, so we are waiting for them at the main turn off the pavement at Westcreek. We are probably going to be a bit behind you as we don't expect to get to Westcreek until 9:30 or a little later.

I'd try to call you on your cell, but I don't have the number. You see this, call me on mine....

Warrlord
March 13th, 2010, 06:47 AM
Pete, since they're meeting with you, that'd probably work out best for today. It takes longer to get to Metberry from the south end than it does from the Westcreek end. We'll meet you all at the trail head.

Brody
March 13th, 2010, 07:05 AM
Pete, since they're meeting with you, that'd probably work out best for today. It takes longer to get to Metberry from the south end than it does from the Westcreek end. We'll meet you all at the trail head.

Works for me. See you in a little while.

Brody
March 14th, 2010, 07:38 AM
Didn't miss too much. It turned into your basic snow run with a bunch of good people and a good time. Nothing like what any of us were expecting to find. Lots of snow, getting stuck, slow going, a broken hub, a broken drive shaft...very deep snow off the sides of the rather narrow roads, too. A lot of us found it....

Due to this, I changed the Anniversary Run trail to China Wall.