PDA

View Full Version : MORE NEEDED FOR 27TH

Pathrat
March 16th, 2010, 09:52 PM
The last "last" thread is too long and I need to just put up a message and be done with it. We have over 70 people coming to the Anniversary run. Those who have signed up to bring food need some assistance. There are members not on the list below who are bringing miscellaneous food items and we all thank you. To those who have not signed up, look at the list, figure out what you like to bring to outdoor lunches and bring it. Maybe help Dirtclaude with the plastic forks. No one cares what you bring as long as it is edible or you can eat with it. I don't want to clutter this up with "is it ok if I bring skunk on a ritz?" Just bring it.
Thank you

Here is a repeat from the other thread for reference:

2010 Anniversary Run Food Part II- final cut!
As of today, March 16, we have at around 70 people RSVP'd as YES and a number of maybes.

WE NEED ENOUGH FOR AT LEAST 70 PEOPLE PLEASE!

IF you have to back out, let me know so we can get things covered.

Updates on sign-ups:
Hugh and Stephanie: OVER 60 hot dogs and two grills to cook them on
Brody: 30 hot dog buns, plus rice salad
Chris: 40 hot dog buns + relish
Mporter: 5 bags chips
RedRhino- at least 60 paper plates
DrOldUnit: paper towels AND choco-chip cookies
Winky: Ho-ho's or other such mixes of lard and sugar (save me one!)
Greenmachine: potato salad
Rusty- lots of miscellaneous goodies
DirtClaude: utensils, bottle each ketchup and mustard
Foxtrot: Boatload of Brownies
Zatticus: 2 bags chips, pack of cheese slices
cr89yota: 1 each tater & mac. salad, coleslaw
Haku and Missy and a few others: misc. things
Turkey dogs by Kepi
Steve: 30 burgers and charcoal
Jason: 80 stuffed jalapenos
SMASH:
90 strong trash bags
48 turkey dogs
48 buns
Bunch of good paper plates
Bunch of paper napkins (I needed them anyway, will use what is left over)
24 oranges
about 45 apples
Mushroommax and others bringing drinks
Winky on garbage transport

People are bringing extra plates, utensils, and sugar treats.

Pete's two cents: Bring something to cook and share! It probably doesn't matter a whole lot what you actually bring so long as there is extra to go around. Look at it as a BYOF plus as much extra as you can afford.

Also, please bring at least a couple of large trash bags apiece for trash removal. There is probably going to be a bunch. Please assume that you are going to be taking out at least one trash bag full of junk and do not expect to have 'someone else' take out all of the trash.

SRT08BUS
March 17th, 2010, 08:50 PM
I'm out for the run, sorry.

Andrew
March 17th, 2010, 09:25 PM
I will be bringing about 20 or so burgers, a couple packs of buns, cheese, maybe some onions.

Do we need some more tater salad or such?

I will figure on bringing what I said there at the least, and probably some extra stuff.

Smash
March 17th, 2010, 10:24 PM
I'm absolutely still in to bring stuff, will be hitting up Costco the week before. Hey Pathy, any thoughts on what we still could use?

scout man
March 17th, 2010, 10:25 PM
I'm absolutely still in to bring stuff, will be hitting up Costco the week before. Hey Pathy, any thoughts on what we still could use?

Trashbags!! There will be lots of trash I am sure!

Smash
March 17th, 2010, 10:27 PM
Check. I will bring more than enough trash bags. I have a table and some extra chairs to bring too.

Jackie
March 17th, 2010, 10:31 PM
I'm still down as a "Maybe", but if I show up - it will be WITH FOOD! (I was thinking a pot of chili as well as shredded cheese to use as hotdog toppings). Still waiting out the weather. (Plus I just got diagnosed with pneumonia, so it depends how I feel). UGH!

Red Rhino
March 17th, 2010, 10:50 PM
(Plus I just got diagnosed with pneumonia, so it depends how I feel). UGH!

That sucks, but the trail cures alot of ills. Hope you can make it.

Bryan

BlueMoonMobile
March 18th, 2010, 12:15 AM
Trashbags!! There will be lots of trash I am sure!
I can bring a bunch of used grain bags. They are stronger than plastic ones and may brake down faster/cleaner and just taking up space in the barn right now....not sure if I will have room in the FJ for a dog, everything for camping/wheelin, and them though....any one wanna carry some??? I stuff a bunch in one so Its like a big fluffed up bag of dog food....Smash???

Brody
March 18th, 2010, 07:26 AM
Get the grain bags to my house and I'll make sure they get to the run.

Another source of good burlap bags are the smaller privately owned coffee shops like Kalachi Brothers Coffee on east Evans in Denver and Noa Noa in Golden. Even the main DazBog Coffee office gave me some bags. For the trail clean ups, I have gotten donated bags from these smaller shops (about 22 the last time I did this) and given them out to everybody on the the clean up runs. Just talk to the owner and tell them that you are going to use them for keeping the trails clean when you 4 wheel and they will give you some bags. Make sure that you post a 'thank you' to whomever on the forum with their address on it.

Oh...and don't even bother asking at the local Starf***s as, despite all of their promotional yak about 'green' etc., they didn't seems to give a s*** when I told them we were using the bags to keep the environment clean...This was the response I got at about 10 of their shops, so it is a big waste of time.

After all, you will use them for trail clean ups too, right?

Pathrat
March 18th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Thanks for the updates and 0.02 Brody.

Like I mentioned, if you would bring it to your own cookout, bring it to ours. :)

foxtrot
March 18th, 2010, 02:55 PM
I went through and counted everyone today, and including maybe's and yes, we have about 100 people.

Pathrat
March 18th, 2010, 02:58 PM
:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Smash
March 22nd, 2010, 12:23 PM
I will be hitting up Costco tomorrow. Plan on getting more dogs, buns and some sides. I'll post up what I've bought afterwards.

Pathrat
March 22nd, 2010, 07:51 PM
I will be hitting up Costco tomorrow. Plan on getting more dogs, buns and some sides. I'll post up what I've bought afterwards.

Thank you, excellent way to contribute!

Smash
March 22nd, 2010, 09:24 PM
I will bring a ton of trashbags too, and can pack it out.

I'm so excited!

Dodge Nitto
March 22nd, 2010, 09:46 PM
we will grab some chips and some 2-liters

transplant87
March 22nd, 2010, 11:25 PM
ok so im bring tato salad and a grill(finialy got 1)

Aaron
March 23rd, 2010, 06:34 AM
I'll make a crap load of dip for the huge amount of chips which seem to be being brought. French onion is my favorite. Any other requests for cold dip?

Smash
March 23rd, 2010, 07:36 AM
Mmmmmm DIP!

transplant87
March 23rd, 2010, 09:28 AM
Mmmmmm DIP!
lol ash every time i read ur post u have me crackin up

WINKY
March 23rd, 2010, 05:34 PM
i can transport the trash home with me as there is a dumpster right next to my place :) and i got room to haul it all

Smash
March 23rd, 2010, 06:48 PM
Alrighty Pathy, here's what I picked up today if you want to add to the list:

90 strong trash bags
48 turkey dogs
48 buns
Bunch of good paper plates
Bunch of paper napkins (I needed them anyway, will use what is left over)
24 oranges
about 45 apples

The fruit was the best side I could find, figured we would probably have enough potato/macaroni salad!

Randy - sounds good with the trash, we can work something out. Help would be appreciated, my neighbors get angry if I fill up our dumpster.

Zatticus
March 23rd, 2010, 07:47 PM
24 oranges

Woo!

I call dibs on atleast two?

: D

sunk
March 24th, 2010, 08:20 AM
I will bring something, I just dont know what...so unless yous guys need anything specific??? I will just bring stuff to grill and have some extra...

JaBeep
March 24th, 2010, 12:16 PM
Anything else needed? Odd or Ends? Please let me know of any last minute needs.

Smash
March 24th, 2010, 12:34 PM
I'd volunteer to have people just bring something, since I don't know where Pathy went?

JaBeep
March 24th, 2010, 01:23 PM
Anything else needed? Odd or Ends? Please let me know of any last minute needs.

I'll review the menu and fill in the blanks where I can. See you-all Saturday! Happy Birthday FrontRange4x4.

Chris
March 24th, 2010, 01:31 PM
Stephanie's done her part, as I'm sure she said somewhere and I'll paraphrase "Think 4th of July picnic and bring whatever else you want" ;)

Smash
March 24th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Not being critical of Pathy at all, can't wait to meet her! Just didn't want to look like I was stepping on her toes.

foxtrot
March 24th, 2010, 09:40 PM
woo, picked up the brownies today. I was going to make them, but we now have over 100 people, and I'm not that talented lol. 120 brownies ready to go!

mushroomax
March 24th, 2010, 09:41 PM
I can make this. I'm still sorting thru all the threads and posts for this Anniversary run and I only see reference to drinks once. I have a huge '5-day' cooler and I will pack it full with an assortment of gatorade, water, soda, and possibly some energy drinks - so, I should have just about everybodys thirst covered on this social event. Anybody and everybody is welcome to the refreshments I bring....just so long as I can mooch a burger and a little bit of potato salad from someone.;)

Pathrat, please update your first post in this thread - I will be bringing an assortment of drinks.

BlueMoonMobile
March 25th, 2010, 02:22 AM
I can make this. I'm still sorting thru all the threads and posts for this Anniversary run and I only see reference to drinks once. I have a huge '5-day' cooler and I will pack it full with an assortment of gatorade, water, soda, and possibly some energy drinks - so, I should have just about everybodys thirst covered on this social event. Anybody and everybody is welcome to the refreshments I bring....just so long as I can mooch a burger and a little bit of potato salad from someone.;)

Pathrat, please update your first post in this thread - I will be bringing an assortment of drinks.

Hey Mushroomax, I think It's BYOD, Bring Your Own Drinks...:erm:, Unless it changed??? If it hasn't It would help me out if you could bring some bacon. I'm planning on having a lot of jalapenos stuffed with cheese for everyone.

Smash
March 25th, 2010, 07:45 AM
Yep, bring your own drinks. :)

Chris
March 25th, 2010, 09:29 AM
Since a number pf people have asked if they could bring beverages why not? I'm willing to bet people will appreciate it since they forgot to bring their own.

transplant87
March 25th, 2010, 11:26 AM
OK so to night i will start making to patato salad and will have it ready by friday night. is any 1 alergic to any thing

tonkatoy
March 25th, 2010, 01:24 PM
I went buy cosco on sunday and got drinks I have to big coolers full.

KnuckleHead
March 25th, 2010, 04:44 PM
I've also got bottled water for those that don't bring anything to drink.... If all else it can be used to was up hands or what not...

Pathrat
March 25th, 2010, 09:27 PM
I'd volunteer to have people just bring something, since I don't know where Pathy went?

I was gone for two days...two days and I have almost 700 unread posts.

Sorry, here now! :)

Pathrat
March 25th, 2010, 09:29 PM
Not being critical of Pathy at all, can't wait to meet her! Just didn't want to look like I was stepping on her toes.

I was slacking :D

Pathrat
March 25th, 2010, 09:30 PM
You all have this totally under control. Great job everyone and thank you for all the additions to the contributions! :2thumbup:

Jackie
March 25th, 2010, 09:55 PM
Does anyone know if there is a fire pit in the staging area so we can have a fire for those of us who freeze easily? I'm leaning toward not going because of the weather forcast. Me and cold weather do not play well together (which is funny only because I grew up in MPLS.). I seriously can't take the cold. Not kidding. I really can't, no matter what kind of layers of clothing I wear (and I have good quality winter-wear) manage to stay comfortable. IF I brave this outing, I will bring fire wood.:D

Pathrat
March 25th, 2010, 10:06 PM
I think we had a fire last year. I hate cold too.

Chris
March 25th, 2010, 10:27 PM
Me and cold weather do not play well together (which is funny only because I grew up in MPLS.)

I think the Mpls cold just sucks future heat out of people living there. Barb & I lived there for 25 years before coming here. Every winter Barb would say "I can't take another year" and we got out. She hates the cold while I don't mind it as much.

Rob
March 25th, 2010, 10:46 PM
My wife grew up in Joisey and it's always too cold for her. Except when it's too hot. :rolleyes:

Chris
March 25th, 2010, 11:03 PM
That's menopause Rob. ;)

tbalcome
March 25th, 2010, 11:13 PM
That is how it is down here in the city, there is such a limited amount of time where the weather is just perfect it is either hot or cold! I like the temp in the summer to start at 50F in the morning then reach a peak of 75F in the afternoon! That is perfection! :cool:

Rob
March 25th, 2010, 11:57 PM
That's menopause Rob.

Nope. Went through that already. :erm:

Brody
March 26th, 2010, 09:18 AM
Re: 2nd Annual Anniversary Run March 27th - Part I

Schedule:
Meet. Greet and hang out.
Raffle.
Lunch/cookout.
Trails.
FYI, here is how the raffle is going to work:

I am going to put together drawing buckets for Jeep, Toyota, full size pick up, and general.

The Jeep bucket with be for people with a TJ as that what the Nemesis sliders fit. (These are about $500 sliders, BTW, and are state of the art)

The Toyota bucket will be for people with Toyotas as stuff in here will fit nothing else.

The full size pick up will be for the single new tail gate replacement net I have that will fit nothing else.

These drawings will be held first. People who win something from these drawings will be eliminated from the 'General' drawing in order to allow more people to win goodies.

The general drawing with be for everyone else and for people who didn't win stuff from the previous drawings. This general drawing will include all items, gift certificates, and services from vendors and what other members have contributed to the raffle. The majority of these items and services will work or be useful to anyone, no matter make or model.

At the end of this round of drawings, if there are items left over, which I doubt, we will have another one.

The raffle will be held before the lunch/cookout to allow time for people to run the trails or do whatever else they want to do.

Please make sure that I have all these items that you are bringing where I have set up so that I can deal with stuff in a simple manner without undue confusion.

I am going to repeat this as I feel it needs repeating:

Rigs with first aid supplies and people with the knowledge of how to use them will be marked with PINK flagging tape. See me as I will have a roll.

PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF ANY OTHER PEOPLE RUNNING THE TRAIL! If you decide to run the trail, do it in small groups of 8-10 rigs maximum and always let other groups by.

Where we are going to be gathering, PLEASE PARK OFF THE ACTUAL TRAIL SO AS TO ALLOW FOR OTHER GROUPS TO GET
BY.

PROPERLY DISPOSE OF ALL YOUR WASTE: Trash goes into trash bags. Toilet paper goes into trash bags. Human waste gets buried and covered up. Most people, having spent time outside, already know this. People who don't know this, need to. If you, or your kids, leave toilet paper behind trees, DO NOT expect a really friendly reminder to pick it up. Almost all of us clean up trail trash and have seen areas where large groups have gathered with toilet paper behind every tree or rock. Believe me, this is not going to happen on a FR run.http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/../images/smilies/biggrin.gif (http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/../images/smilies/biggrin.gif)

In other words, be considerate of anyone else that is running the trail tomorrow and because we have such a large group, allow them the right of way..uphill or down. We are the ones taking up the real estate here, so let's not get people upset with our actions.

Andrew
March 26th, 2010, 01:27 PM
If there is not a fire pit, I think that one could be made easily enough - or if one is responsible enough you could make a fire without a pit - you just gotta bury/spread ashes and make sure everything burns good and fire is totally out.

SRT08BUS
March 26th, 2010, 01:37 PM
I was thinking the run was on Sunday:redface: I'm gonna have to do some begging on this one.

jonnyd49
March 26th, 2010, 01:52 PM
I just grabbed more paper plates, cups, plasti-ware and paper towels. Due to the weather, my Mrs. isn't sure if she's going to join in on the fun, but I'll be there rain, snow or shine.

-Jon

Brody
March 26th, 2010, 02:43 PM
If there is not a fire pit, I think that one could be made easily enough - or if one is responsible enough you could make a fire without a pit - you just gotta bury/spread ashes and make sure everything burns good and fire is totally out.

Lots of previous fire pits in the area, though I am not sure right at the meadow. There are rocks to the NE side so making one and making it vanish afterwards isn't going to be a problem. Had one last time and was pretty nice s it wasn't the warmest of days....

Andrew
March 26th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Bah. Warm shwarm :p

Zatticus
March 26th, 2010, 02:52 PM
If theres to be a firepit,

Someone should pick up marshmallows, gram crackers and chocolate bars for the kids

and others like myself
: )

I think it's a good thought
ahah

Jackie
March 26th, 2010, 03:12 PM
Now THAT"S a great idea right there^^^. But I'm sorry I won't be attending. The forcast looks so cold and windy that I'm going to sleep in late and stay indoors tomorrow.

I hope another event like this is planned later in the summer. It sounds like so much fun! I hope all you winter warriors have a GREAT time. Be safe and meet ya later!

Jackie

SubaCool
March 26th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Nope. Went through that already. :erm:
You did??? :p:D

Rob
March 26th, 2010, 08:24 PM
You did??? :p:D

:lmao: You shoulda seen me. I was a mess. :thunb:

Chris
March 26th, 2010, 08:33 PM
:lmao: You shoulda seen me. I was a mess. :thunb:

Rob, I found an old pic of you!

transplant87
March 26th, 2010, 08:36 PM
thats not old i saws him in that this morning lmao

Skippy
March 26th, 2010, 08:54 PM
i got stuff for smores and 4 dozen doughnuts

Jackie
March 26th, 2010, 09:43 PM
Glad to see the good stuff on the list! :thunb: But remember - since I backed out, I don't see any volunteers for firewood. (You could always use a grill or stove though).

Rob
March 26th, 2010, 09:50 PM
Rob, I found an old pic of you!

Old pic. It was taken just last week. That must be my daughter with me. :lmao:

SRT08BUS
March 26th, 2010, 10:09 PM
I don't see any volunteers for firewood..

I'll grab what wood I can find.

foxtrot
March 26th, 2010, 10:22 PM
I'll have some wood, but it will mostly be for camping, I'll see if I can gather some more

Smash
March 26th, 2010, 10:57 PM
We don't have any firewood, no place to store it. Will have our ax though.