PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about moving dates of the April Moab trip

Haku
March 30th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Hey guys,

So I'm not getting a huge amount of interest in the April Moab trip, as seen on the Calendar currently. Both me and BlueMoonMobile(only people confirmed going) are fine with moving the dates, so the question is, would anyone else be interested in coming along if I moved it back a week or two? I'm willing to cater this trip towards the people that come on the trip too, and ROKTAXI has offered to take us to some places "off the beaten path". Let me know what you are thinking and I'll figure it out I guess. Thought I would have gotten more interest in this, since Moab is such an awesome place to wheel, and this is the best time of year to go. Input is greatly appreciated.

JH

Andrew
March 30th, 2010, 11:45 AM
So as stated in the other thread, May 5th-9th is when I can go. I have all the free time in the world, but my GF will still be working so I am trying to work around her schedule because she has not been and I really want to take her there and show her Hells Revenge.

Now I am checking if maybe she could go earlier, I don't know. It all depends on her schedule really. We had already planned the 5th-9th, but Hells Revenge is kind of the ultimate Moab slickrock trail for me, and I want to do it. The other guys we plan to go with are not really interested, which is kind of a bummer to me. So...I might be able to be flexible and go earlier, but I have no idea. I just know those dates will work.

EDIT - Okay so 5th-9th is pretty much it so that is the only time I can go, unless I went by myself and I don't want to do that.

4wdhunter
March 31st, 2010, 11:48 AM
There's a possibility I may be interested in a late April or early May trip.

Haku
March 31st, 2010, 12:37 PM
When would you know. Its hard to go on a "might". Don't want to change plans for ya and then not have you be able to come along.

JH

SRT08BUS
March 31st, 2010, 01:14 PM
I really want to but decided last fall that I would just do small trips (in Colorado) this year and try to get my rig built up. But next year 4sures!

4wdhunter
March 31st, 2010, 07:21 PM
When would you know. Its hard to go on a "might". Don't want to change plans for ya and then not have you be able to come along.

JH

I should know in the next week or two. I am planning a fall trip this year but am unsure if the people I was planning on going with are able to. Not sure I could do both trips (but I'd really like to) :)

Aaron
April 1st, 2010, 06:43 AM
I think we could do it April 22 (arriving that night) through the 25th (leaving that AM). We'd be interested in moderate trails.

Haku
April 1st, 2010, 09:50 AM
Aaron,

You might be in luck. There is another group going, with one of our forum members on that date. He said Jason and I could come, but I want to wait to make that official. Sounds like its a decent sized group, and many different trail difficulty levels are planned for it. Pending the OK from him, I'm going to officially move it to those dates. His group is leaving midday on the 22nd and coming back on the 27th. Obviously anyone would be welcome to stay for whatever days they can. This will allow me to get a few things done on my rig that I want to before this trip happens that I won't have time for if we go next week. The only run they are doing that might be a bit much for a "moderate" trail rig, is Pritchett Canyon, but I think the plan is to run that the 26th so you are good to go. Those dates work for you Jason (Blue Moon)?

JH

Aaron
April 1st, 2010, 10:50 AM
That sounds great. I'll pencil it in for now and wait for confirmation...

Where is everyone making their camping (or lodging) reservations?

Aaron
April 1st, 2010, 10:53 AM
Crap. Depending on whatever time I get back from Cali on the 22nd, we might be leaving the morning of Friday 23. That would stink.

4wdhunter
April 1st, 2010, 10:53 AM
Looks like my fall trip is a go, so not sure if I can make this one although I'd still like to try. Depends on money at this point as the trailer needs new tires and still need to get a few things done to the Jeep. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread and any others and post up if I can make it.

Haku
April 1st, 2010, 12:19 PM
That sounds great. I'll pencil it in for now and wait for confirmation...

Where is everyone making their camping (or lodging) reservations?

I plan on making a reservation with the Utah wilderness (aka free camping) but if everyone wants to get together and get a spot at a pay site I suppose I could chip in. I was at least thinking that one of the BLM pay sites might be nice, since they aren't to expensive. I could also go for a Sandflats site too. Stayed at the KOA last time, since my group wanted showers and such, but thats a frivolous thing for me in Moab. The group we would be going with is staying at the Slickrock campground, but that doesn't mean we have to.

JH

BlueMoonMobile
April 1st, 2010, 09:06 PM
I think that the 22-27 will work. I have to make sure my help out here with the horses is gonna be available. As far as camping arrangements go, I am up for whatever. I have never been to Moab so I'm not sure what the difference would be or if I would care. Josh if you feel like doing one over the other then I'm in. Its gonna be a bright moon on all those dates!!!

Haku
April 1st, 2010, 09:43 PM
Where are your horses? I could see if my sister could come down from Ft. Collins one day if that would help. The bribe of being able to ride a horse again after a dry spell would maybe get her down there. She was a wrangler for a bunch of summers through college, so she knows what to do. No promises, but I'll ask.

I'd still like to camp for free, or at the least at a cheap BLM site. The river spots tend to be crowded and close packed, so maybe something up in SandFlats (where Fins n Things, Hells Revenge, and the Slickrock Bike trail are) would work.

I've officially moved this to the 22nd through 27th now, so have a look at the thread I started for that.

JH