PDA

View Full Version : Good News!!!!!

Medic-5150
April 3rd, 2010, 04:11 PM
I got engaged today....at the ripe old age of 21...:)

Roo
April 3rd, 2010, 04:12 PM
Congratulations!

Smash
April 3rd, 2010, 04:13 PM
Congratulations!!!!

Zatticus
April 3rd, 2010, 04:14 PM
Congrats man!

:cheers:
:2thumbup:

Chris
April 3rd, 2010, 04:22 PM
Congratulations Andrew!

I'm a believer in the old institution of marriage!

Medic-5150
April 3rd, 2010, 04:23 PM
Congratulations Andrew!

I was never too keen on it....until recently lol

Chris
April 3rd, 2010, 04:26 PM
I was never too keen on it....until recently lol

I thought that myself but after 36 years married to the same woman I'm a believer. :thunb:

Medic-5150
April 3rd, 2010, 04:28 PM
I thought that myself but after 36 years married to the same woman I'm a believer. :thunb:

Nice to see and hear that there are still people out there who value their marriage....

Smash
April 3rd, 2010, 04:30 PM
+1 on another marriage believer. I ended my engagement when I realized I was with a woman who changed so much I didn't recognize her. When I get married, it's for life.

Medic-5150
April 3rd, 2010, 04:31 PM
+1 on another marriage believer. I ended my engagement when I realized I was with a woman who changed so much I didn't recognize her. When I get married, it's for life.

you're a rare breed!

Smash
April 3rd, 2010, 04:37 PM
Eh, I'm kinda old school. Karla calls me her knight in "padded riding (motorcycle) gear." :lol: has been since we started dating.

Zatticus
April 3rd, 2010, 04:37 PM
Theres too many worthless marriages today,

Glad to hear that chris, your marriage is lasting
And Smash

you're a rare breed!
x2
: )

I wish you the best of luck, Andrew

Rob
April 3rd, 2010, 05:49 PM

Not to mention a believer in the institution of old marriage. :)

Congrats, Andrew. Best wishes to you and the bride-to-be.

KnuckleHead
April 3rd, 2010, 09:32 PM
Congrats.... and best wishes

Aaron
April 3rd, 2010, 09:44 PM
Congrats. I married mine 14 years ago at the ripe old age of 20. I doubt anyone thought we would make it but here we are.

Best of luck and I think I speak for us all when I say, when should I expect my invite? Coney Flats would be a nice place for a wedding :)

Medic-5150
April 3rd, 2010, 09:45 PM
Congrats. I married mine 14 years ago at the ripe old age of 20. I doubt anyone thought we would make it but here we are.

Best of luck and I think I speak for us all when I say, when should I expect my invite? Coney Flats would be a nice place for a wedding :)

haha I'm thinking a wedding at 14000 feet. Anyone know a preacher who will hike? Invites will come when there's an actual date set

Jackie
April 3rd, 2010, 10:20 PM
Congraturlations!!!

I married mine 23 years ago. But we lived together for 3 years before marriage and dated for 2 years before that. So let's see....

2+3+23= forever!

It's all good if you work as a team. Niether one of us could choose a better partner for just about any job. (And Marriage can be a "job")! But it's worth it. It's good to know your best pal (spouse) would lay down on the railroad track for you - and you would do the same. No need to watch your back - it's already covered!!!

Medic-5150
April 3rd, 2010, 10:23 PM
Congraturlations!!!

2+3+23= forever!

Were you a math major?

Jackie
April 3rd, 2010, 10:33 PM
Sounds like a BIG number huh?!! Think about it before you say "I do". Forever is what you are promising!!! Best of luck ...and I mean that with the best intentions and the best wishes to both of you! I hope this generation can can grab hold of some of the good-ol'-fashioned family values and make marriage work again!

Medic-5150
April 3rd, 2010, 10:37 PM
Sounds like a BIG number huh?!! Think about it before you say "I do". Forever is what you are promising!!! Best of luck ...and I mean that with the best intentions and the best wishes to both of you! I hope this generation can can grab hold of some of the good-ol'-fashioned family values and make marriage work again!

Yes it's a big number. I'm ready for it though. We've already got one up on our generation as far as family values go. I'll be the first to admit, our generation is rather pathetic...in general. There's exceptions to every rule, but and person with even a small brain could look at my generation and sum it up with WTF?

Zatticus
April 3rd, 2010, 10:39 PM
I hope this generation can can grab hold of some of the good-ol'-fashioned family values and make marriage work again!

I think it's getting that way again.

With all these kids my age knowing what it's like to be put in the middle of a divorce
They don't want to do it to there own kids

I hope they can too

Jackie
April 3rd, 2010, 10:57 PM
I hope so. Our first daughter is 22 and is pretty seriously involved with a really nice kid. I just pray that if they marry... they realize what they are committed for. Divorce is EASY. Marriage is HARD (but worth it).

Chris
April 3rd, 2010, 11:22 PM
The key IMHO is flexibility on both sides and willingness to concede and say "you're right" when appropriate. If both people always put the others needs above their own it will be a good marriage. ;)

Jackie
April 3rd, 2010, 11:31 PM
....and lay down on the railroad track if necessary. That was the key for me. And I'm mostly right!!! (OK - sometimes he is. But not very often)!!!

Chris
April 3rd, 2010, 11:53 PM
:hijack:

Sorry Andrew, back to you.

Congratulations!

1freaky1
April 4th, 2010, 01:57 AM
Congrats to you and your bride to be Andrew, always remember to tell your better half that you appreciate them for all they do is another key point in a long marriage. Val and I just past our ten year anniversary after three years of dating and living together, I honestly did not think I would remarry after my divorce but then I found someone that is good for me in general and we often fit like a glove to one another. Make them your best friend and life will be simpler over all.

scout man
April 4th, 2010, 07:01 AM
Anyone know a preacher who will hike?
I sure do! They preacher for my wedding in september is I guy I used to hike with every summer. I think hiking to do a wedding at 14,000 feet would be the highlight of his life! I am having to fly him out from St. Louis though. Congrats!!

Mporter
April 4th, 2010, 07:31 AM

I don't. But I think my english teacher did the same thing you did, just grabbed a preacher and hiked up some mountain (Not sure if it was a 14er though). Ill see if I can get a name out of her after spring break.

Congrats by the way.

Medic-5150
April 4th, 2010, 07:32 AM
I don't. But I think my english teacher did the same thing you did, just grabbed a preacher and hiked up some mountain (Not sure if it was a 14er though). Ill see if I can get a name out of her after spring break.

Congrats by the way.

Thanks! And maybe an adventurous photographer....

Brody
April 4th, 2010, 07:34 AM
Congratulations Andrew from both of us!

RockyMtnHigh
April 4th, 2010, 11:18 AM
Congrats, it's the best decision I made!!!!

CR
April 4th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Congrats Andrew.
Glad you found a good one.:)

Hypoid
April 4th, 2010, 11:56 AM
Congrats and good luck!

The words to settle any argument are: "Yes dear." Being right isn't everything.

porkchop
April 4th, 2010, 07:08 PM
congrats i just got married myself last year in december weve been togeather 5 years now and id have to say she really is my better half and i wouldnt leave her for anything

Mporter
April 4th, 2010, 07:30 PM
i wouldnt leave her for anything ]

Not even a 11297?

Medic-5150
April 4th, 2010, 07:40 PM
hahahahaha

Rob
April 4th, 2010, 10:13 PM
The words to settle any argument are: "Yes dear." Being right isn't everything.

Remember this one, too: No, dear, those jeans don't make your butt look big.

Andrew
April 5th, 2010, 06:58 AM
Were you a math major?

Looks more like liberal arts... :p

BTW Congrats on the engagement.

Zatticus
April 5th, 2010, 08:03 AM

I actually might, and he lives in the area
;)

I can find out and get you guys in contact if you'd like.
:thunb:

Chris
April 5th, 2010, 09:04 AM
Andrew, check the State laws on marriage ceremonies. IIRC there's no requirement that the person performing the ceremony be licensed, certified or sanctioned by the State thus anyone can perform the ceremony. My now son-in-law wanted me to perform the marriage ceremony when he married my daughter and as I recall he was right that I could.

Medic-5150
April 5th, 2010, 09:12 AM
Andrew, check the State laws on marriage ceremonies. IIRC there's no requirement that the person performing the ceremony be licensed, certified or sanctioned by the State thus anyone can perform the ceremony. My now son-in-law wanted me to perform the marriage ceremony when he married my daughter and as I recall he was right that I could.

Interesting. I'll look into it!

greenramp
April 5th, 2010, 09:53 AM
My daughter got engaged on Easter. She said it was the most expensive Easter basket she'd ever seen .... Congrats!

Andrew
April 5th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Yeah for Colorado you don't need to be ordained or anything. I don't think you need to do much beyond pay for the license and related stuff.

4runner freak
April 5th, 2010, 11:45 AM
Thanks! And maybe an adventurous photographer....

Andrew,
My crazy, marathon running, brother and sister-in-law might be interested. :)
Here is some of their pics/contact info.
http://greyskyphotography.com/

Rob
April 5th, 2010, 10:39 PM
If you're Jewish, you could go with this guy: http://www.adventurerabbi.org/

SubaCool
April 6th, 2010, 02:01 AM
Congrats or I'm sorry, I can't decide :p

Medic-5150
April 6th, 2010, 09:56 PM
Does anyone know any sites located off a trail here in Colorado that would be big enough for a smallish ceremony. If so would anyone be willing to donate a day of their life to provide a shuttle for guests in and out? You would of course be compensated and be invited....FREE FOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think we're planning on something in Fall, not entirely sure yet.

Zatticus
April 6th, 2010, 10:05 PM
If so would anyone be willing to donate a day of their life to provide a shuttle for guests in and out? You would of course be compensated and be invited....FREE FOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think we're planning on something in Fall, not entirely sure yet.

I don't have a big enough vehicle for that. If somebody else provided the vehicle, I wouldn't mind doing that.
:)
And I'd do it just for the free food
;D

Pathrat
April 6th, 2010, 10:31 PM
The key IMHO is flexibility on both sides and willingness to concede and say "you're right" when appropriate. If both people always put the others needs above their own it will be a good marriage. ;)

Clearly, Chris and Barb got it right.

Congratulations and hope you can emulate them.

tbalcome
April 6th, 2010, 11:27 PM
"You to young to have marrage!" Lol you gotta love that movie!

I cannot say much I got married 9/20/10 at the ripe age of 23! Good luck! We have been together 7 years this June!;)

SubaCool
April 7th, 2010, 02:11 AM
I got married 9/20/10 :confused::erm::rolleyes:

Mporter
April 7th, 2010, 06:18 AM
If so would anyone be willing to donate a day of their life to provide a shuttle for guests in and out?

Sounds like a job for a Burb!

Zatticus
April 7th, 2010, 07:36 AM
9/20/10 at the ripe age of 23! Good luck! We have been together 7 years this June!

Uhhh,
I think you typed in the wrong date completely?

Cause, I'm confused.
D;

tbalcome
April 7th, 2010, 01:17 PM
I guess I should not type at 1am after coming home from a concert:rolleyes: I mean we got married 09/20/08! This June 20th will be 7 years since we started dating!