PDA

View Full Version : Some assistance for my Grandma

Pathrat
April 6th, 2010, 10:04 PM
I have never asked anything like this, especially in a public forum, but my grandmother is in the hospital, in the end-stage of lung disease. I am asking for prayers that her transition is a calm and peaceful. She lived a good live and is a good person. I spent a lot of my childhood in her house.
Thank you

Zatticus
April 6th, 2010, 10:09 PM
She will be in my prayers.
Peace be with her.

4runner freak
April 7th, 2010, 12:39 AM
She'll be in my prayers, also.

gragravar
April 7th, 2010, 02:56 AM
Thinking good thoughts. All the best to her, and to you and your family.

Mporter
April 7th, 2010, 06:14 AM
You got it Steph.

JeffX
April 7th, 2010, 07:08 AM
My grandpa died the other day. He was battling bone cancer for a year. He lived a wonderful life.

Best of luck. There's no easy way to go with cancer. There's no bigger accomplishment than a life well lived.

ROKTAXI
April 7th, 2010, 07:17 AM
I pray the transition is a peaceful one for her. Good people deserve no less.

Brody
April 7th, 2010, 07:29 AM
You have our best thoughts for her, Stephanie. Anything we can do to help you, let us know.

Aaron
April 7th, 2010, 07:29 AM
Prayers for Grandma and you and your family.

CR
April 7th, 2010, 07:43 AM
Thoughts and prayers for your family and grandma.

1freaky1
April 7th, 2010, 07:47 AM
Our thoughts and prayers go out to your grandma, you and your family Stephanie and if there is anything we can do for you all just let us know.

Smash
April 7th, 2010, 07:50 AM
Prayers lifted Steph, we are here if you and your family needs a hand with anything as well.

Pathrat
April 7th, 2010, 08:36 AM
Thank you all, my family and I appreciate your thoughts and prayers. So far, things are progressing quietly.

JeffX, sorry about your grandfather.

Chris
April 7th, 2010, 08:44 AM
Wishing your grandmother a peaceful transition and all the best you you and your family.

Pathrat
April 7th, 2010, 10:38 PM
Thank you all. She passed in her sleep today, with my family in attendance.

Rob
April 7th, 2010, 10:39 PM
Hope you're doing alright, Stephanie. Sounds like it was a peaceful transition.

Pathrat
April 7th, 2010, 10:50 PM
Hope you're doing alright, Stephanie. Sounds like it was a peaceful transition.

Yes, thank you. I have had since Friday to consider then prepare and accept this outcome. Things went as well as they possibly could for her.

Fiorina Evan was born in Lucca Italy on December 22, 1922. She came over on the boat with her mother when she was seven years old. She learned English, went to school, and eventually met my grandfather, who was serving in the Army. My grandma waited for him to come home from the war. They raised two sons and ran the town coffee shop for years. I don't recall her saying bad things about anyone and she had a real smile for everyone. She did what she wanted until a few weeks ago, except drive. That irritated her. Fiorina Evan was my grandmother.

1freaky1
April 8th, 2010, 02:14 AM
She sounds like she was quite the lady and deserved a peaceful passing and I am sure she will be highly rewarded in heaven.

Chris
April 8th, 2010, 07:48 AM
A life well lived and a peaceful end, sounds like everyone's ideal. I'm glad you had time to prepare and accept things as they were.

Aaron
April 8th, 2010, 08:45 AM
My condolences Steph. Thoughts and prayers are still with you and your family.