PDA

View Full Version : drugs???

Roostercruiser
April 19th, 2010, 10:08 PM
how can u tell if someone is on meth? what r thr signs??

Rob
April 19th, 2010, 10:13 PM
Uh oh.

Obsessive, fidgety behavior. As a stimulant, meth can cause users to suddenly start exhibiting behavior more commonly associated with people who suffer from OCD (like compulsive hand-washing, cleaning). Sometimes a meth user will repeatedly perform the same task over and over again.

Loquaciousness. A meth user often engages in constant, rambling conversation.

Dilated pupils and rapid, darting eyes.

Frequent sweating. Meth causes a rise in body temperature. In cases of extreme methamphetamine addiction and overdose, body temperature can rise high enough to cause brain damage or even death.

Tooth decay (commonly referred to as "meth mouth"). Meth abuse over a period of time causes nervous tooth grinding, saliva deficiency and extreme lapses in hygiene. The result is dramatic tooth decay.

Skin lesions and frequent sores that take a long time to heal. Not only does meth naturally inhibit the body's ability to fight off minor infection, but it can also cause meth addicts to nervously pick at their skin until it bleeds. Chronic meth users often suffer from the hallucination that they have insects crawling beneath their flesh.

Weight loss. Tragically, the goal of weight loss has actually motivated people to start using meth. But extended meth use can cause severe and unhealthy weight loss. The drug that many take in order to look more attractive ultimately leads to physical degeneration that is sometimes unbearable to witness.

cfr
April 19th, 2010, 10:15 PM
Don't know jack about drugs, but I can Google. Start here.

http://www.drugfree.org/Portal/Drug_Guide/Methamphetamine

Scary stuff,

http://investigation.discovery.com/resources/meth/before-after/before-after.html

Zatticus
April 19th, 2010, 10:15 PM
Sweaty, Constant Moving, Glassy Eyes
methamphetamine's frequent effects are irritability, aggressive behavior, anxiety, excitement, auditory hallucinations, and paranoia along with delusions and psychosis. Meth abusers tend to be violent. Mood changes are also common, and the abuser can rapidly change from friendly to hostile. The paranoia produced by methamphetamine abuse results in suspiciousness, hyperactive behavior, and dramatic mood swings.

Now, get out your pen and paper and take notes if you see these short term effects in your teenager or loved one. Short term meth abuse symptoms are increased alertness, sense of well-being, paranoia, intense high, hallucinations, aggressive behavior, increased heart rate, convulsions, extreme rise in body temperature (as high as 108 degrees which can cause brain damage and death), uncontrollable movements (twitching, jerking, etc...), violent behavior, insomnia, impaired speech, dry and itchy skin, premature aging, rotting teeth, loss of appetite, acne, sores and numbness.
Some of the effects that meth abuse has on the mind are also symptoms of meth use. These meth use symptoms are disturbed sleep, excessive excitation, excessive talking, panic, anxiousness, nervousness, moodiness and irritability, false sense of confidence and power, delusions of grandeur leading to aggressive behavior, uninterested in friends, sex, or food, aggressive and violent behavior, and severe depression.

cfr
April 19th, 2010, 10:16 PM
Don't know jack about drugs, but I can Google. Start here.

http://www.drugfree.org/Portal/Drug_Guide/Methamphetamine

Scary stuff,

http://investigation.discovery.com/resources/meth/before-after/before-after.html

Roostercruiser
April 19th, 2010, 10:17 PM
Thnks

Zatticus
April 19th, 2010, 10:19 PM
Also look for track marks, and/or a red/dry nose

Roostercruiser
April 19th, 2010, 10:37 PM
What other kind of drugs r like meth ? is speed the samething? Here r some signs i saw always slleeping , rapid weight lose, almost bi-polar mood swings.

Zatticus
April 19th, 2010, 10:46 PM
Uhmmm, Cocaine, Speed is the same thing, with other variations doing the same thing.

Were there other symptoms that suggested "uppers"?

If not, and those were the only major symptoms, you should also watch for depression.

southpaws3
April 19th, 2010, 10:59 PM
depending on what nasty sh1t is put into each batch to make meth the person will grind their teeth,or chew on ice ,don't forget the "picking" and discoloration of the skin sometimes when people get off meth get hooked on methadon -synethic drug for addicts to stop meth look up methmouth.com that should help ... good luck if you care about this person

Brody
April 20th, 2010, 05:18 AM
What other kind of drugs r like meth ? is speed the samething? Here r some signs i saw always slleeping , rapid weight lose, almost bi-polar mood swings.

Well if you see them always sleeping, you can pretty much figure they ain't doing meth or any other kind of speed, though the rapid weight loss is odd. Could be cocaine, as that is an upper for 99% of people and shows up the same way : hyperness, jittery, always talking, can't sit still, pupils like pin pricks..

Mood swings can be apparent with either uppers or downers and the addiction to either one will cause serious mood problems.

On the other hand, the person could be simply going through a bout of depression. Most people who are depressed tend to sleep a lot and weight loss is another aspect as they lose interest in eating.

methamphetamine's frequent effects are irritability, aggressive behavior, anxiety, excitement, auditory hallucinations, and paranoia along with delusions and psychosis. Meth abusers tend to be violent. Mood changes are also common, and the abuser can rapidly change from friendly to hostile. The paranoia produced by methamphetamine abuse results in suspiciousness, hyperactive behavior, and dramatic mood swings.

Just read this. Sounds like me on a good day (minus the hallucinations and anxiety) and I haven't touched any of that crap for almost 40 years...

JeffX
April 20th, 2010, 06:30 PM

Somebody on meth won't be sleeping much.

That sounds like an eating disorder -w- depression.

Chris
April 20th, 2010, 06:36 PM
I agree with the depression posts depending on how much sleeping is actually happening and wide moods swings aren't that common. If the person is 'crashing' from speed they'll sleep for a long time after being awake a long time - up 72 hours, sleep 24. If depressed they'll sleep a lot every day w/o being awake a lot - up 12 hours, sleep 12 hours.

BlackRubi
April 20th, 2010, 07:01 PM
I had a cousin on meth a long time ago. One of his signs was that he used to bite his lower lip. I don't know if that's a common sign or not.

Pathrat
April 20th, 2010, 10:10 PM
Roland: if you suspect something is wrong to the point you are asking about signs of addiction, there probably is something wrong.

Brody
April 21st, 2010, 05:40 AM
Roland: if you suspect something is wrong to the point you are asking about signs of addiction, there probably is something wrong.

There you have it in a nutshell, Roland. Clear and succinct.

Thanks, Steph!