PDA

View Full Version : Penetrants

Chris
April 21st, 2010, 08:25 PM
Found this interesting, figured others might too.

Mporter
April 21st, 2010, 09:16 PM
Good ol' liquid wrench. I'll have to keep that ATF/Acetone mix in mind....seems really good

Also I wonder how they had it controlled as far as rust was concerned.

Thanks for posting this.

Rob
April 21st, 2010, 09:17 PM
Cool. Thanks for posting that, Chris.

I like the phrase "scientifically rusted" environment. I could use that if I merely claim my FJ40 as a 28-year-old experiment in "nut lock." :)

Mporter
April 21st, 2010, 09:18 PM
I could use that if I merely claim my FJ40 as a 28-year-old experiment in "nut lock."

LandCruisers leading the way....in more way than one.

BlackRubi
April 22nd, 2010, 10:45 AM
This info could have helped in removing that downpipe, huh Chris?
I can't quite wrap my head around the fact that they are using torque required as a "control". Isn't that essentially what you're testing here?

Chris
April 22nd, 2010, 10:49 AM
Sure would have helped Kyle, I find it interesting that PBBlaster and Kroil are rated so similar because I've heard so many people say Kroil is much more efficient.

Mporter
April 22nd, 2010, 03:17 PM
"control"

Probably meant to say "variable" and the rust/bolts/tools being the control.

MelloYello
April 22nd, 2010, 03:35 PM
That is interesting fo-sho!

DKDunn04
April 22nd, 2010, 05:13 PM
Interesting. I always use PB Blaster, but I will have to make some of this up!

Chris
April 22nd, 2010, 05:48 PM
Make sure to use a steel container when you do. ;)

Pathrat
April 22nd, 2010, 08:02 PM
Make sure to use a steel container when you do. ;)

You mean I can't use some tupperwares from the kitchen?

( :eek: once when I was supposed to be babysitting my younger brother, he started yelling at me from the kitchen to come here. I made my way downstairs slowly. He had put a Tupperware bowl on the electric stove burner to make jello. Melty.)

KnuckleHead
April 22nd, 2010, 09:03 PM
Def could have used this info when we did the shackle flip... could have also used it today while at the junk yard today

BlackRubi
April 23rd, 2010, 11:40 AM
You should probably try to store the stuff in a styrofoam cup with a saran wrap lid. Inside your fridge should be fine. :thunb:

TC
April 25th, 2010, 10:18 AM
I'm surprised to see PB and WD40 come out almost identical. In my experience, PB has worked A LOT better than WD40.

I'll be buying liquid wrench next time though!

Brody
April 25th, 2010, 10:23 AM
I'm surprised to see PB and WD40 come out almost identical. In my experience, PB has worked A LOT better than WD40.

I'll be buying liquid wrench next time though!

Me too, with the PB/WD40 comparison. PB has always seemed to work better for me. In fact, better than the Liquid Wrench, but I'll try that again when my PB needs replacing...