PDA

View Full Version : Trail run Sun 5/2?

cfr
April 27th, 2010, 09:25 PM
I'm hoping to get away for a trail run on Sunday 5/2. North of I-70 unless you have recent trail status.

I'm not sure of the trail conditions.

Anyone else interested? Any ideas?

Mporter
April 27th, 2010, 11:08 PM
I might be in....not sure, depends on how saturday night goes.

Brody
April 28th, 2010, 05:26 AM
Most recent report of the Yankee Hill area I could find. Sounds like snow on one side, sun on the other:

http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=166553

I will be doing my axles on Saturday or Sunday as they will be in this week, so won't know if I am going to be able to go. May have work Saturday, so Sunday will end up being axle day if I do. Have fun!

AccordRanger
April 28th, 2010, 07:03 PM
How about Bunce?

cfr
April 28th, 2010, 09:12 PM
How about Bunce?

Too much snow for me, but I'm getting antsy... From Co4x4,

http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=166558

Chris
April 28th, 2010, 10:01 PM
:lmao: Imagine what the poster of that thread would have to say about Brody if Pete wrote; "Got to an air down spot and saw a FS post saying foot traffic only No Jeeps. You know the brown flat fiberglass ones so we pulled out the map. Sure enough is is a 4x4 trail on the map. We have attempted this trail many times and knew it was 4x4, so I went over to the sign and simply pulled it out."

Rob
April 28th, 2010, 10:07 PM
I was thinking the same thing. :thunb:

scout man
April 28th, 2010, 11:18 PM
:lmao: Imagine what the poster of that thread would have to say about Brody if Pete wrote; "Got to an air down spot and saw a FS post saying foot traffic only No Jeeps. You know the brown flat fiberglass ones so we pulled out the map. Sure enough is is a 4x4 trail on the map. We have attempted this trail many times and knew it was 4x4, so I went over to the sign and simply pulled it out."

:lmao::lmao::lmao: Thats great. Took me a minute to figure out what you were talking about, but you are 100% right.

Brody
April 29th, 2010, 03:59 AM

I saw that and got a laugh out of it. Nothing like being known for talking out your ass like KB. Gotta be rough to live with that if he is even cognizant enough to realize that he does....Mr Stay The Trail, himself...

AccordRanger
April 29th, 2010, 04:41 PM
How about Switzerland?

cfr
April 30th, 2010, 09:39 PM
Maybe Switzerland. I ran up to Sugarloaf today after work (in the mini-van, unfortunately) and it looks like there's a little snow but nothing serious.

Any other ideas?

cfr
April 30th, 2010, 11:39 PM
Anyone know the condition of Old Flowers Road near Ft. Collins?

Rob
April 30th, 2010, 11:40 PM
The Canyon Lakes District's website still lists it as closed.

Brody
May 1st, 2010, 10:46 AM
So is this a run or talk?

cfr
May 1st, 2010, 09:25 PM
Talk. I'll take my boys out exploring somewhere, but not organized enough to put together a plan. Next time.