PDA

View Full Version : HOT DAMN!! New Parts

Red Rhino
April 29th, 2010, 10:18 PM
Look what just came in the mail! Bomb proof covers for the bomb proof axles.:D

Brody
April 30th, 2010, 05:56 AM
Those are sweet ...and bombproof! Sean got a Dana cover for his Ranger soon to be installed front axle from JeffX that was the same design. These are really nice. Jeffx Has painted x100 (or something..) coats of paint on his and painted the sweet skull a different color. Looked really nice...

Volcom
April 30th, 2010, 08:33 AM
Can't go wrong with Ballistic Fab products!

CR
April 30th, 2010, 12:33 PM
Sweet!

Red Rhino
April 30th, 2010, 06:22 PM
Jeffx Has painted x100 (or something..) coats of paint on his and painted the sweet skull a different color. Looked really nice...
I already have the paint for them. I am using Red for the Skull and 'Chassis Black' coating (from Painter Supply) for the main part, this is the toughest coating I have ever seen. If you get it on your hands it will not come off for a month.

Bryan

Brody
May 1st, 2010, 06:50 AM
Love that 'new parts in the mail ' feeling. Been a long time since I had it too, due to funds. I got to feel it again yesterday when I got the new replacement axles, but sadly no inner axle seals....

Aaron, you were right..1st gen Longfields...he called me when he saw how old they were..

Volcom
May 1st, 2010, 10:59 PM
Aaron, you were right..1st gen Longfields...he called me when he saw how old they were..

That's what I figured. He's only been making 30 spline chromo Longfields for a couple of years. Did he replace them with some 27 spline ones?

Brody
May 2nd, 2010, 07:19 AM
No, with the same 30 spline ones I sent back to him. Nice of him to replace these, for sure, especially since they have been in the heap for so long. Replaced both inner and outers, too. Got some of the lifetime wipers and am now waiting on the heavy duty inner seals from Marlin. Then I have to do some very creative grinding to get the seal mounting surface back to the point where I can stick a seal back in. The surface mounting area got altered a bit with broken birfield parts....

Red Rhino
May 2nd, 2010, 08:08 PM
I got the new replacement axles, but sadly no inner axle seals....

Very Nice! Every project need one part that you don't have, thats what makes it fun.;)

Bryan

Brody
May 3rd, 2010, 08:03 AM
Well, the axles and the wiper seals came from one manufacturer and the heavy duty inner seals came from another. Although I ordered them at the same time and the inner seals are so small they can be shipped via regular mail in an envelope, I surely couldn't expect them to arrive on the same day, I guess or even in the same week.. Should've ordered the seals a week earlier...Oh well....Had a spare set of stock seals, but why bother if I was going to go through all the work anyway.

tonkatoy
May 5th, 2010, 01:06 PM
were did you get them.