PDA

View Full Version : Just feeling the need to rant...

Speedwagon
May 3rd, 2010, 01:12 PM
At work, we do shift work. They don't really want to have any more than is necessary for the job, so we basically keep a minimum of staff to do this particular job. 4 people, doing 12 hour shifts with one half day(6 hours) a week. Always the same 3.5 days on, and 3.5 days off. And we have a schedule(not everyone works the 3.5/12s, but the 4 of us do). So I go to put in for some time off on a weekend in June. Scheduler says ok, done. I get a call today from the guy that would normally cover my shifts while I am out, and he says he can't do it, he has something planned those days, and it has been planned since November. I asked why it wasn't on the schedule, and he says he doesn't need to put it on the schedule because those are his normal days off.

Though I didn't say it, my reaction was WTF DUDE?!?! The whole point of the schedule is to avoid crap like this! The unwritten rule, is that if you need/want certain days off, you put it on the schedule as vacation time! Of course, I have every intention of making this somebody else's problem and not mine, since I did my part and checked the schedule before requesting the time off.

scout man
May 3rd, 2010, 01:32 PM
:frown: I was going to post the :rant: smily here, but apparently it ran away and is no where to be found.

Interesting situation you have there.

Mporter
May 3rd, 2010, 03:57 PM
Yeah for a while back in november/december my boss kept scheduling me for Wednesdays even though that isn't in my availability

WINKY
May 3rd, 2010, 04:48 PM
i always look at it like this. if its not on the schedule, its not official. f@ck him.

KnuckleHead
May 3rd, 2010, 10:39 PM
i always look at it like this. if its not on the schedule, its not official. f@ck him.
X2...