PDA

View Full Version : Jeep seat disease - a how to video...lol

SCRubicon
May 5th, 2010, 05:45 PM
This is footage from the Rubicon Trail circa 1968. Get a look at the rig @ 2:32 - I think he was on to something there :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vov-IPy_6NM&feature=player_embedded

WINKY
May 5th, 2010, 06:31 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAH that was some flex there!

Mporter
May 5th, 2010, 07:07 PM
Some of em were hauling on that.

Rob
May 5th, 2010, 07:47 PM
Scary. Did anyone else notice the lack of rollbars?

SCRubicon
May 5th, 2010, 08:17 PM
Pfffffft, roll bars schmoll bars. That's back when men were men. Just rub a little dirt on it and you'll be ok. BTW, pick up that blood...:lmao: Yeah, they were taking some major risks there. A few of those flatties had 4-5 people in them too :eek:

ROKTAXI
May 5th, 2010, 08:19 PM
No seat belts.... no lockers. Some of those tires were BALD! Wonder what the mortality rate for that trail was back then??

Pathrat
May 5th, 2010, 09:43 PM
Hugh said it looked like they were advancing on Palermo circa 1944.

Seems like there was a prize at the end of the trail, given how fast they seemed to be bouncing over the rocks.

Great find SCRubicon.

MelloYello
May 6th, 2010, 01:33 PM
Ah, the good ol' days! Necessity is truly the mother of invention (seat belts and roll bars). Thanks for the post. It reminds me of the stories my grandparents would tell about the 4x4 trips they would take with the Elks Club, VFW, and the original Mile High Jeep Club (1960's) Those were the funniest and most unsafe stories ever told. : )

SCRubicon
May 6th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Ah, the good ol' days! Necessity is truly the mother of invention (seat belts and roll bars). Thanks for the post. It reminds me of the stories my grandparents would tell about the 4x4 trips they would take with the Elks Club, VFW, and the original Mile High Jeep Club (1960's) Those were the funniest and most unsafe stories ever told. : )

Then you'll like this old pic from 1965.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c174/SteveChabala/Jeep%20Creations/10002639.jpg

Central City selected its new flag in a contest and unfurled it for the first time in a ceremony on August 14, 1965. The Mile High Jeep Club began the ceremony by driving in a caravan from Idaho Springs to Central City in their Jeeps.

Red Rhino
May 6th, 2010, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the old stuff those are awesome! If any one else has more please share.

Bryan