PDA

View Full Version : Pretty Nice Mix!

Chris
May 6th, 2010, 05:08 PM
I was just looking at the garage and have these totals showing.

Chevy/GM (13)
Dodge (3)
Ford (16)
International (2)
Isuzu (2)
Jeep (28)
Land Rover (3)
Nissan (4)
Plymouth (1)
Subaru (3)
Toyota (29)

Looks to be much more accurate than any of the past polls.

Brody
May 6th, 2010, 05:16 PM
So why don't some of the folks that own the Chevys, Jeeps or Fords go to the local Ford, Chevy or Jeep dealer and approach them the same way that I approached Stevinson West Toyota to get a group/member/club discount? Doesn't anyone else want to save money? I feel that I have done my part with both dealers and vendors...and I am not reknown for my social skills...

latva0311
May 6th, 2010, 08:45 PM
I work for a Ford dealer so if anyone needs Ford parts let me know what you need and I'll get prices. Usually around 20% over cost.
does this go for old models? lets say like a 78 ford?

Aaron
May 6th, 2010, 09:10 PM
Plymouth?

scout man
May 6th, 2010, 10:40 PM
yea, I cant tell you the last time I bought a part of any kind for my Ford, but if I do, I will mention FR

Brody
May 7th, 2010, 06:29 AM
Plymouth?

Problem is that we don't really have quite enough of any other makes to make a valid play for a discount. We have 10 or more of the rigs I listed. Kinda hard to go to a dealer and say we have two Dodges and want a discount for our club members who own them. There is no percentage in it for the dealer. With Stevinson, I was able to say that we had close to 50 Toyotas and they already do a similar thing for Rising Sun. We shouldn't have any problems with doing that with the Jeeps, either for the same reason.

Personally, I simply do not feel like spending any more time initiating it, mainly because no one else seems to want to take a step up and do the same thing I did with Stevinson for another make or model rig. Everyone seems to be waiting for someone else to do the work so that they can benefit. It doesn't take much time at all if you are already down at the dealer for service or parts.

Thanks Adrian!

Chris
May 7th, 2010, 08:23 AM
Plymouth?

trailduster2

southpaws3
May 7th, 2010, 02:17 PM
here's my 3 cents -- jonny/toni/jim at boothill(3032940466) has alot of parts for chevy/ford/dodge just tell them i sent you

CR
May 7th, 2010, 04:21 PM
And the Toyotas take the lead!

Roostercruiser
May 9th, 2010, 08:20 AM
I thought there were at least 5 ih's.

scout man
May 9th, 2010, 10:26 PM
hmm, there is me, you, Jeff, I havnt seen Gary (scout fam) on here for a long time, and then there was some guy who popped up for a few days then went away, and a bit later his rig popped up on CL. So I think it is just the three of us again!