PDA

View Full Version : cargo doors wont open

Roostercruiser
May 13th, 2010, 12:26 AM
my lock on my rear doors have been broke for a while the key didnt turn in it any more. luckily it was in the unlocked state thats why i have a padlock on my back door. i went to put my gear in it this morning and closed the doors and now it dont open. i think the lock locked and my key still wont turn in it. how can open my door from the inside? and replace the lock? can i just drill out the lock cylnder from the out side?

Brody
May 13th, 2010, 05:44 AM
You should be able to access the lever/bar that actuates the lock from the inside of the door panel. I don't believe it is going to be much different than what you have on the front doors, but I could be wrong. Anyway, assuming that they are similar, once you can see the inside of the door, you should be able to locate a small round bar. If you can grab the bar, then just pull it or push it and that should unlock the door.

Yes, you can drill out the lock, but I would do this as a last option. The actual lock should just have a jam nut on the backside and should be very easy to replace, but there may also be a bolt or two if it is anchored onto a plate. Hope this helps..

southpaws3
May 14th, 2010, 12:48 PM
your right brody just take the carpet panel off inside your rig and it will open up everything to you