PDA

View Full Version : Local Skate Shops

Mporter
May 17th, 2010, 06:31 PM
So I'm not sure how many of you guys are skateboarders....but I am

So today I went for my first park trip of the year with a guy from work.

Within 10 minutes I had broken my board.

So here's the question: Does anyone know of any good local-owned skate shops around the lakewood/denver/wheat ridge area? I'm not talking about Zumiez, BC Surf&Sport, etc.
There used to be Board Room in lakewood (closed 2 years ago), Cartel in wheat ridge (close this year), 303 boards (i think they're still open, but not sure).

Any hints or tips to help me support the local guys would be great. Thanks :thunb:

Rob
May 17th, 2010, 07:44 PM
I haven't been on a skateboard since they were made of wood, and it's not a local shop to you, but I've heard Sol Skateboards in Longmont is a good shop: www.solskates.com.

Mporter
May 17th, 2010, 09:03 PM
They're still made of wood. 9 ply laminated.

Rob
May 17th, 2010, 09:04 PM
I meant old-growth wood. We're talking 1965 here.

Mporter
May 17th, 2010, 09:05 PM
Ahah

Zatticus
May 17th, 2010, 09:27 PM
I haven't been able to find any skateshops around here, How soon are you looking to get a board?
If you can wait awhile, I always order mine from Habitat site, to get Habitat Boards or CCS.com

They aren't just made out of wood now though,
You can get Bamboo, Hemp and 7-Ply with Helium filled holes, to reduce weight. (O.o)

Mporter
May 17th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Eh, i'd like to have it ASAP but I got time. I just didnt really wanna go with like Zumiez or one of the mainstream things because they really only carry name brand stuff like Zero, Think, etc.... I like buying from local shops because they normally have good quality stuff and it's like half the price of the name brand ones.

My most recent one (that i broke today) was from The Board Room in lakewood and it was really good.

Mporter
May 17th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Also, we should skate sometime.

Zatticus
May 17th, 2010, 10:00 PM
Ahh, yeah. I know what you mean. What about the skate shop/park outside of The mills? I don't know if they sell boards or not, or if its locall/non mainstream. And yeah. we should skate. I can just get to the point where I can skate again. It's been almost two years since i've seriously skated. D:

Google Skate shops Near Denver, and check out the maps on google maps. They'll list some shops.:thunb:

Mporter
May 17th, 2010, 10:15 PM
The shop at the mills is decent but they pretty much carry the normal stuff every other shop carries. Also their selection is so awful now that it's not associated with ESPN.

Roostercruiser
May 17th, 2010, 10:55 PM
what about the one in green mountain on alemeda by the autozone? I went in there lookig for wheels.

Mporter
May 17th, 2010, 11:01 PM
The Board Room

It closed about 2 years back, sucks too because I used to hang out there all summer back in like 4th and 5th grade.

Fordguy77
May 17th, 2010, 11:03 PM
let me find it on google but i believe there is a good shop over off of 32nd and youngfield

Fordguy77
May 17th, 2010, 11:06 PM
THE BOARD CARTEL
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&q=3272+Youngfield+St,+Wheat+Ridge,+Jefferson,+Colo rado+80033&sll=39.769291,-105.109735&sspn=0.084972,0.181961&ie=UTF8&cd=1&geocode=FSG6XgIdlKe7-Q&split=0&s=AARTsJq6cG-IglTZZUV_1sIhQH5Ly8P0WQ&view=map
http://www.theboardcartel.com/index.html

Mporter
May 17th, 2010, 11:08 PM
Closed as well. Last year.

I actually went up there right after I broke my board, and the shop (was next to Old Chicago) and it's no longer.

Fordguy77
May 17th, 2010, 11:09 PM
Closed as well. Last year.

I actually went up there right after I broke my board, and the shop (was next to Old Chicago) and it's no longer.

dang thats too bad, i used to go there for bearings for my inlines. But i have been out of it for a while.

Fordguy77
May 17th, 2010, 11:10 PM
303 Boards is still around i think...not located where they used to be as far as i know.
now there over off of 1338 East Colfax Avenue Denver Colorado 80218
according to there site that is

RicardoJM
May 18th, 2010, 02:40 PM
My youngest son used to skate all the time. I believe he still hops on the board occasionally as he carries it around in the truck. It has been a while since I've seen him with a new board. The boards and wheels seem to break and wear out quite a bit. When I was a kid, we mainly went downhill but now a days all that street and "vert" stuff is pretty harsh on the equipment. Anyway back to the original topic; 720 Boardshop in the Streets at Southglenn (University and Arapahoe) is open. The 303 Boardshop in Highlands Ranch Towncenter appears to have closed its doors.

Speedwagon
May 22nd, 2010, 10:24 PM
So I'm not sure how many of you guys are skateboarders....but I am

So today I went for my first park trip of the year with a guy from work.

Within 10 minutes I had broken my board.

So here's the question: Does anyone know of any good local-owned skate shops around the lakewood/denver/wheat ridge area? I'm not talking about Zumiez, BC Surf&Sport, etc.
There used to be Board Room in lakewood (closed 2 years ago), Cartel in wheat ridge (close this year), 303 boards (i think they're still open, but not sure).

Any hints or tips to help me support the local guys would be great. Thanks :thunb:

The guy that owned The Boardroom actually works for Never Summer now.

TS Board Shop in Denver (http://www.tsboardshop.com/store/pc/home.asp)

Zatticus
May 23rd, 2010, 04:24 PM
I saw a skateshop the other day, but it was in boulder. On 26th and Santa Fe? I think..

By Pearl Street Mall. : D